Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renaissance-- Ashes Are Burning 50th Tour

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I remember a show at the Park West, maybe with Steve Hackett. Full house, IIRC
    That was a fantastic show. I’ve seen them in Milwaukee since also with a full hose. But, that doesn’t automatically mean profit

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    That was a fantastic show. I’ve seen them in Milwaukee since also with a full hose. But, that doesn’t automatically mean profit
    I would think a full hose WOULD mean profit!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I would think a full hose WOULD mean profit!
    Well, that’s the obvious thought. Not knowing what kind of budget is involved when traveling out of their home base and what kind of unexpected costs could come up, it may not be correct, however. It could be that merch is an expected profit that doesn’t run as high as hoped or it could simply be that the cost of getting everything and everyone across country eats up more than is budgeted. Or, any number of other things cost more than expected. I assume there’s a good reason she hasn’t been out of the NE lately and just because there were some full venues doesn’t mean it was particularly profitable. A full house should, most likely, mean profit, but it isn’t automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has it been mentioned that they are doing an anniversary BD/DVD/2CD set via Indiegogo? Not too surprising. I’m in for the $30 set.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r.../10272699#/faq
    A painting by Annie H based on your favorite Renaissance song for $750. And you get to pick the colors. Hmm maybe a psychedelic carnival for Trip to the Fair.

Big TITS!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Well, that’s the obvious thought. Not knowing what kind of budget is involved when traveling out of their home base and what kind of unexpected costs could come up, it may not be correct, however. It could be that merch is an expected profit that doesn’t run as high as hoped or it could simply be that the cost of getting everything and everyone across country eats up more than is budgeted. Or, any number of other things cost more than expected. I assume there’s a good reason she hasn’t been out of the NE lately and just because there were some full venues doesn’t mean it was particularly profitable. A full house should, most likely, mean profit, but it isn’t automatic.
    And if the audience doesn't do enough drinking, the house gets hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Big TITS!
    You’re truly a Renaissance man!

24 hours to go, and the BD/DVD/2CD campaign goal has not yet been reached. Yours truly has donated vinyl to the cause: new, unopened, no notches, holes, or cutouts (but plenty of depressing discount price stickers.) The first collection sold in record time for $2000 (but it did include both MFSL Scheherazade and Intergalactic Touring Band, unopened.)

Second collection of only the 1970s classic-lineup releases plus Annie in Wonderland is up for race-to-the-finish pledge reward. new, unopened, no notches, holes, or cutouts. MFSL Scheherazade is rather difficult to obtain new, and Prologue is a close second.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...e#/updates/all

Disclaimer: I'm the band's web guy.

Quote Originally Posted by esa View Post
    24 hours to go, and the BD/DVD/2CD campaign goal has not yet been reached.
    They’ve now passed the goal!

They played Islands last night from 1969!

Quote Originally Posted by cazz View Post
    Wow! With McCarty?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by cazz View Post
    They did that last time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Wow! With McCarty?
    Yes. They played it with McCarty at the Keswick. It was filmed for an upcoming DVD/Blu-ray release. McCarty also performed with them at a previous show on the tour. I strongly suspect that they played it with him there too.

Ashes Are Burning is exactly 50 years old today. I think this album is one of Renaissance's best. I wrote a review of it: https://pienemmatpurot.com/review-re...-burning-1973/
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Ashes Are Burning is exactly 50 years old today. I think this album is one of Renaissance's best. I wrote a review of it: https://pienemmatpurot.com/review-re...-burning-1973/
    Good review! You know I never caught that ”On The Frontier” was written by Jim McCarty. Interesting!