Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requiescant In Pace by BANCO

Requiescant In Pace by BANCO

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

so nobody's familiar enough with the first album to identify the difference?! wow

I think Banco are absolutely one of the top 5 Symph Rock bands from the 70s. They definitely blow the doors off Genesis and Yes for me.

sad they aren't more popular among the prog community
    Last edited by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER; 04-19-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Can't download... "Permission Denied"
    Banco, to me, are better than Yes and Genesis together.
    What's the file about? Original vs. "remastered" ?
    I once had the remastered gold CD but it was way too hot and actually didn't have much detail overall. The original is the way to go hands down. Has clarity and definition! Love it!
    My favorite of the Italian bands!
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

I love Banco!! Recently got the 2017 Io Sono NATO Libero.....sounds incredible! Don’t know if it’s remaster or remix, but I can hear things I cannot hear on my original CD....one of my favorite releases of all time!
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    Same problem.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post

sad they aren't more popular among the prog community
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I once had the remastered gold CD but it was way too hot and actually didn't have much detail overall. The original is the way to go hands down. Has clarity and definition! Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Same problem.

Bill
    wow, that sux... anyone know of a good file sharing site? Obviously Mediafire sux

WeTransfer

thanx Moe

in the meantime, here it is in lossy Yoot. I'll look into wetransfer and see if I can post a lossless version like the one on Mediafire

Very cool! I certainly hear differences. What is this a mashup of exactly?

Bill

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Great! I hear differences between the remastered version, the original and the live version from Seguendo le Tracce (the best one perhaps?). I can't comment on the rerecorded version from the 90s though. Haven't heard that one (yet), so not sure if that's in there as well.. Did you add another live version as well? Not sure.
    You could've tried adding the Capolinea version for fun (if you did, I didn't recognize it..)

Great band.

The late Francesco has a "new" album out: Le Parte Mancante. Recorded between 2004 and 2012.

The posthumous album by the late Francesco Di Giacomo, the historic singer for Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, is finally available. One last chance to hear again his unique, wonderful and charming voice.
    https://www.btf.it/la-parte-mancante...19-aprile.html
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Hard to believe Francesco has been gone 5 years now. I remember getting an email from Greg Walker when it happened...

What a voice though!

Banco are great. While they don't surpass Genesis for me (no one does), they're one of the best bands in the symphonic genre IMO.

Very cool! I certainly hear differences. What is this a mashup of exactly?

Bill
    Great! I hear differences between the remastered version, the original and the live version from Seguendo le Tracce (the best one perhaps?). I can't comment on the rerecorded version from the 90s though. Haven't heard that one (yet), so not sure if that's in there as well.. Did you add another live version as well? Not sure.
    You could've tried adding the Capolinea version for fun (if you did, I didn't recognize it..)
    I completely spaced on the Capolinea version!

This is a mashup of the original Italian version from the debut album (1972) and the rerecorded version from the Manticore album (1975)

Upon listening to it again, I feel like I could have tried to give the last few seconds a tweak to really punch the ending... I'll work on it and repost the results... stay tuned

Same problem.

Bill
    The issue may be sites like mediafire are blocked in the United States due to copyright issues.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The issue may be sites like mediafire are blocked in the United States due to copyright issues.
    ok, thanx... guess I wont be using that site any more

here's the stronger sounding ending I promised

https://we.tl/t-VqrBqKn6Ov

https://video.repubblica.it/spettaco.../157543/156036

already posted years ago ... anyway

I love Banco. The only reason I put YES and GENESIS higher in my preferences is the simple fact that Banco only had three perfect LP's. Yes had 7. Genesis had 7. For that reason I place them right next to ELP.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    I love Banco. The only reason I put YES and GENESIS higher in my preferences is the simple fact that Banco only had three perfect LP's. Yes had 7. Genesis had 7. For that reason I place them right next to ELP.
    heh... well that's a matter of opinion really. For me, neither Genesis or Yes had any perfect albums whereas Banco have 4. Di Terra is pretty perfect, but every person will have different numbers of "perfect albums" for each band of course

Interesting. I can only think of two "perfect" albums in my collection: King Crimson's Discipline and the Who's Quadrophenia. And I'm not sure about Quad.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Interesting. I can only think of two "perfect" albums in my collection: King Crimson's Discipline and the Who's Quadrophenia. And I'm not sure about Quad.
    I guess my "perfect" album would be any that I would rate a 15 (so no Genesis, Yes or even Banco) though I'm guessing Scott wasn't thinking 'a 15 on the Gnosis scale'

When I refer to a "perfect" album I mean an album where I can't imagine changing, removing, or adding any one note to or from any song without diminishing the whole; where the songs are in the best possible order both to highlight them as individual compositions and to create a flow across the album as a whole; where the album as a whole makes a clear musical statement; and one which marks, defines, or illuminates an epochal point in the career of the artist. So, no, no Yes or even Genesis album makes it for me - though Trick comes close-ish.

Other albums that also nearly make perfection for me? Open Fire (Ronnie Montrose); After Bathing at Baxter's (Jefferson Airplane); III (Chicago); Sgt Pepper; and Mandrill's S/T album.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Great band.

The late Francesco has a "new" album out: Le Parte Mancante. Recorded between 2004 and 2012.

The posthumous album by the late Francesco Di Giacomo, the historic singer for Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, is finally available. One last chance to hear again his unique, wonderful and charming voice.
    https://www.btf.it/la-parte-mancante...19-aprile.html
    I would really like to pick up this album. Do any U.S. sellars carry this in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    When I refer to a "perfect" album I mean an album where I can't imagine changing, removing, or adding any one note to or from any song without diminishing the whole; where the songs are in the best possible order both to highlight them as individual compositions and to create a flow across the album as a whole; where the album as a whole makes a clear musical statement; and one which marks, defines, or illuminates an epochal point in the career of the artist. So, no, no Yes or even Genesis album makes it for me - though Trick comes close-ish.

Other albums that also nearly make perfection for me? Open Fire (Ronnie Montrose); After Bathing at Baxter's (Jefferson Airplane); III (Chicago); Sgt Pepper; and Mandrill's S/T album.
    interesting perspective Dan'l... the album's flow is perfect ... but... are there moments that are less interesting than the rest? I usually ding an album a point or two if there are bits where my mind begins to drift away from the music

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    interesting perspective Dan'l... the album's flow is perfect ... but... are there moments that are less interesting than the rest? I usually ding an album a point or two if there are bits where my mind begins to drift away from the music
    If you have the kind of mind that can discipline itself to pay full attention to an entire album on multiple listenings, then God bless you, but I can't do it. My mind wanders no matter what I'm doing