Thread: Rated PG - Peter Gabriel's movie tunes

Rated PG - Peter Gabriel's movie tunes

I apologize if this has been posted. I was checking Peter's website and it looks like he has an album of songs he did
    for soundtracks coming out. Any opinions on the songs. I don't think I have heard any of them except "In your eyes"

https://petergabriel.com/release/rated-pg/

i don't see this on itunes or Amazon. is it only available as a picture disk?
    there are lot of PG songs that are not available on his albums...
    songs from movies (although this release is missing many o them), songs from tribute albums, duets, etc....
    alway thought a rissue with all these songs on it would be cool.

It was only available yesterday (April 13th) for Record Store Day. I don't know if you could still pick up a copy at your local record shop.

From genesis-news:

Rated PG is released as a picture disc on Record Store Day in a limited edition of 5,000 copies. As it is a picture disc, it may be more interesting as a collector’s item than as an audiophile experience. It is good to know that all buyers will be given access to a High Resolution download. As of now there are no plans to make this album available in a different way.

It's a RSD first, that means it will have a regular release later.
    Actually, PG himself confirmed during a bbc interview it will probably be released next may.
    Anyaway the collection is very good, and the 24/96 hi-res download was the reason for me to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by squonkduke View Post
    It's a RSD first, that means it will have a regular release later.
    Actually, PG himself confirmed during a bbc interview it will probably be released next may
    May of 2020? I guess that’s something to look forward to, since he hasn’t done an album of new material since...was it 2002?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    From genesis-news:

Rated PG is released as a picture disc on Record Store Day in a limited edition of 5,000 copies. As it is a picture disc, it may be more interesting as a collector’s item than as an audiophile experience. It is good to know that all buyers will be given access to a High Resolution download. As of now there are no plans to make this album available in a different way.
    I just downloaded Peter Gabriel's Rated PG from iTunes. As far as the music itself, its kind of a mixed bag. Some of the songs can stand by themselves and others are just OK. Not essential by any means but a nice to have with a few really good tracks.

Where the hell is "Out Out" (from Gremlins)? Great track, really hard to get.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Where the hell is "Out Out" (from Gremlins)? Great track, really hard to get.
    My guess is that it would push the number of minutes past the vinyl limit. Rated PG was already 50 minutes long.

Rated PG is now coming out on CD on June 12th.

01 That'll Do (feat. Paddy Maloney & The Black Dyke Mills Band)
    02 Everybird
    03 Down to Earth (feat. Soweto Gospel Choir)
    04 Walk Through The Fire 09 Taboo - By Peter Gabriel & Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
    05 This Is Party Man (feat. The Worldbeaters)
    06 Speak (Bol) [feat. Atif Aslam]
    07 The Book of Love
    08 Nocturnal
    09 Taboo - By Peter Gabriel & Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
    10 In Your Eyes