Thread: R.I.P. Paul Raymond (UFO)

R.I.P. Paul Raymond (UFO)

Sad to hear this - Paul was currently on the UFO "Last Orders 50th Anniversary" tour and was to be in the lineup for the upcoming USA tour dates. This is the message posted today:

Hi to all the fans and people who knew Paul! This is Sandra, Paul's life partner speaking: With a desperate and broken heart, fully in tears and pains that feel like they will kill me I have to tell you that my most beautiful and beloved darling Paul Raymond has passed away today. The doctors we're trying to reanimate him and with success at first but then his system shot down again and there was nothing more they could do for him, he died of a heart attack.

He absolutely enjoyed the last couple of weeks touring with UFO in the UK & Ireland and he was looking forward to the rest of this year's tour.

This photo was taken last Wednesday when we checked out of our last hotel before coming back to Germany!

I will always love him and I hope he will rest in piece until I'll see him again on the other side!!!

I love you so much Paul 💔😪 Sandra

A couple photos of Paul in action from the UFO shows over the last couple of weeks:

Last edited by Dan Roth; 04-13-2019 at 11:19 AM.

RIP, the only time I ever saw UFO was at a taping for the Don Kirschner Rock Concert series around 1975...

Shit, this sucks. I have been a UFO fan since 1979, but never had the chance to see them. Going to spin "Strangers In The Night" today.
    Last edited by SteveSly; 04-13-2019 at 11:52 AM.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace, Paul. He played in UFO and Savoy Brown, two bands I have loved for decades. A big loss to music. Condolences to Sandra.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

He started here:

RIP!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

He was also in MSG, that's him playing rhythm guitar and keyboards on One Night At Budokan.

That sucks! I met Paul once, very nice bloke. Guy was a rockstar and sadly they are all leaving, the older the rest of us get. Loved his rockstar hair that probably hadn't changed in decades, liked his guitar-playing but really loved what he came up with and how he played keyboards.
    Don't be the majority of old, boring fkucks. Go out and see some shows, support those who still bring you joy before we're all dead.

Sad to hear this. I saw Paul with UFO several times. It’s always a shock when you hear of someone passing who didn’t seem ill at all. Just goes to remind us that tomorrow’s not a given. RIP Paul. I’ve been a UFO fan since Phenomenon came out. They still rock live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul wrote this one:
    and he co-wrote this one:

and then there's this:
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 04-13-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Paul had quite the music career; facinating really who he played with throughout the years. Also lead vocalist in a couple of his early bands. Once replacing Christine McVee way back in the day.

Sad news, I saw Paul with MSG way back when, a great musician. Rest in peace, never forgotton.

I'd rather remember his Savoy Shack and Chicken Brown days than his U.M.F.S.O.G. days , tbh

RIP, though.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.