Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker teaser trailer

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker teaser trailer

Just released today at Star Wars Celebration...

Chad

Looks pretty cool. Awful title, but that's par for the course at this point, I guess.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Man, when I thought they couldn't cook up a title worse than The Last Jedi...

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I like that title. It's the first time "Skywalker" has appeared in one of the actual movie titles, so I think that's cool.

None of the movie names have been as bad as "Attack Of The Clones", IMO.

This trailer has me seriously intrigued. I loved The Last Jedi, so I just hope that this movie doesn't try to "course correct" and sacrifice the character development or setups that TLJ laid out.

Titles schmiddles.... I teared up as this will be the final chapter of a mission I've been on since 1977 when I walked into Mann's Chinese Theatre and felt my seat rumble & shake as that Imperial Star Destroyer first appeared on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Titles schmiddles.... I teared up as this will be the final chapter of a mission I've been on since 1977 when I walked into Mann's Chinese Theatre and felt my seat rumble & shake as that Imperial Star Destroyer first appeared on screen.
    I hear you.

This has me pretty jazzed. Hearing Mark Hamill's voice again stirred up some old emotions for sure. And I felt that he turned in possibly his best performance as Luke in TLJ.

The Rise Of More Money!

Star Wars: Palpatine Demands Another Billion+

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I hear you.

This has me pretty jazzed. Hearing Mark Hamill's voice again stirred up some old emotions for sure. And I felt that he turned in possibly his best performance as Luke in TLJ.
    I agree, but it also yielded another problem: whenever he wasn't onscreen, the movie crawled.

You that old? I saw the first film on the day it was released in '77. Long line, everyone lighting up. Loads of fun. I had a poster and all. That poster would be worth a nice chunk-o-change today. Alas, it has been lost to the sands of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    You that old? I saw the first film on the day it was released in '77. Long line, everyone lighting up. Loads of fun. I had a poster and all. That poster would be worth a nice chunk-o-change today. Alas, it has been lost to the sands of time.
    My dad was 16 when A New Hope first came out, and has mentioned on more than one occasion what an impact that movie made on him back then. Young folks today take moves like that for granted, but at the time it was revolutionary for sci-fi films in the 70s.

While every other kid saw it upon its release, for reasons I don't recall I didn't see Star Wars till '79, at the drive-in on a double bill with (wait for it) Laserblast. Yeah!

Oh, Laserblast...

The best thing about that movie was the turtle aliens. Not even MST3K really helps make it more watchable, although it definitely has more laughs that way.

Oh, Laserblast...

The best thing about that movie was the turtle aliens. Not even MST3K really helps make it more watchable, although it definitely has more laughs that way.
    What Laserblast has is a cool analog synth-laden score by Richard Band & Joel Goldsmith. Btw, the three main actors are all dead: Kim Milford (Corvette Summer), (Cheryl) Rainbeaux Smith (Up in Smoke), and Roddy McDowall.

My dad was 16 when A New Hope first came out, and has mentioned on more than one occasion what an impact that movie made on him back then. Young folks today take moves like that for granted, but at the time it was revolutionary for sci-fi films in the 70s.
    I'm older than your father....lol.
    True, that film made an impact. It made the same impact that Alien would make a couple years later. I walked out of the cinema trembling, wondering just what the hell I witnessed after seeing Alien.

True, that film made an impact. It made the same impact that Alien would make a couple years later. I walked out of the cinema trembling, wondering just what the hell I witnessed after seeing Alien.
    I saw Alien in the theater, too. That was mind-blowing for the time. It's still the best film of the franchise, IMO.

"No-one's ever really gone"? Seriously?

Well, I guess in the Disney universe. I mean Walt's head sits on a desk somewhere and makes all the decisions, right?

Carrie Fisher. Billy Dee Williams. Can Alec Guinness be in there too please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen
    Ahhh....another Signature Line !
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    What Laserblast has is a cool analog synth-laden score by Richard Band & Joel Goldsmith. Btw, the three main actors are all dead: Kim Milford (Corvette Summer), (Cheryl) Rainbeaux Smith (Up in Smoke), and Roddy McDowall.
    Oh yeah, forgot about Roddy McDowall. It also had Keenan Wynn in it too!

What a weird movie... The score was cool though, from what I remember. And bonus points for MST3K, because Mike name-drops a bunch of cool bands/artists when talking about the music at the beginning (including Jean-Michel Jarre and Gentle Giant).

One thing that I thought was cool about the trailer was the way they turned the context around regarding Luke’s line from TLJ (“No one’s ever really gone”, said to Leia near the end, about Kylo), by playing what sure sounded like Emperor Palpatine’s laugh just moments afterward.

No idea what it really means, but the fan speculation is going to run rampant for a while.

I can remember here in the UK when we first realised that Star Wars was going to be something else, when our main evening news channel ran an article on the US opening weekend and showed clips from the film.

Now this was 1977, and you would never, ever see an article about a movie on the main news.

One thing that I thought was cool about the trailer was the way they turned the context around regarding Luke’s line from TLJ (“No one’s ever really gone”, said to Leia near the end, about Kylo), by playing what sure sounded like Emperor Palpatine’s laugh just moments afterward.

No idea what it really means, but the fan speculation is going to run rampant for a while.
    Palpatine was on hand today at the celebration.

Palpatine was on hand today at the celebration.

Woohoo! Bringing it full-circle!

Seriously, I think that’s pretty cool. That guy creeped me out when I saw ROTJ as a kid. Glad to see he’s being brought in too.

Not to mention the REAL Lando's back!