Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: The Pineapple Thief to tour North America

  1. #1

    The Pineapple Thief to tour North America

    20 dates announced for America and Canada towards end of year. I have read all the pro's and con's about this band. But they are where they are. I will say, however, having seen them a couple of times recently, if you are any way into TPT - just go. They are quite magnificent and if you will regret it if you pass.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Monroe Mi
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    20 dates announced for America and Canada towards end of year. I have read all the pro's and con's about this band. But they are where they are. I will say, however, having seen them a couple of times recently, if you are any way into TPT - just go. They are quite magnificent and if you will regret it if you pass.
    I hear their drummer is pretty good. Lol. Planning on the attending the Detroit show.

  3. #3
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    The web site needs to be nuked because you would think for a band seeking to expand their exposure and inform people of tour dates they'd have the dates listed on their own website...nothing!
    shame on me for taking time out to visit the band's very own website looking for tour information..check it out, nothing is listed. http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
    I guess they think most people will go to Facebook first..d'oh!
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I guess they think most people will go to Facebook first..d'oh!
    These days most people do.

  5. #5
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    These days most people do.
    oh really, Facebook before a band's website? the world really has gone Fugazi...
    but I think it would be quite easy to list the tour dates/cities on both pages, eh?
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  6. #6
    Moderator Poisoned Youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Nothern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    oh really, Facebook before a band's website? the world really has gone Fugazi...
    but I think it would be quite easy to list the tour dates/cities on both pages, eh?
    If you don't have control of your own website, it might take time to get someone to put that information up for you. Facebook, on the other hand, just takes a moment.

    And if you're not on Facebook, you might want to consider just for the idea that you can "like" a bunch of artist/group/event pages so that any time there is news, it will post in your feed. That's a lot easier these days than routinely going to their websites to find out information.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

  7. #7
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    If you don't have control of your own website, it might take time to get someone to put that information up for you. Facebook, on the other hand, just takes a moment.

    And if you're not on Facebook, you might want to consider just for the idea that you can "like" a bunch of artist/group/event pages so that any time there is news, it will post in your feed. That's a lot easier these days than routinely going to their websites to find out information.
    Thank you PY...I am an old progger, I don't have Instagram or Twitter and I use an old flip phone(beam me up Scotty) and a band's website used to be the first tier to find information.
    I do use Facebook(kicking and screaming) and am friends with some bands like Saga,Sadler, Glass Hammer, Dave Kerzner, Nektar and a few others.
    My point was I think the band dropped the ball by not having the tour info on their Band site, that's a no brainer to me.
    I appreciate your explanation and it helps me understand a bit better but not completely.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by prog57 View Post
    I hear their drummer is pretty good. Lol. Planning on the attending the Detroit show.
    Hoping to make the Detroit (Pontiac) show as well.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The web site needs to be nuked because you would think for a band seeking to expand their exposure and inform people of tour dates they'd have the dates listed on their own website...nothing!
    shame on me for taking time out to visit the band's very own website looking for tour information..check it out, nothing is listed. http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
    I guess they think most people will go to Facebook first..d'oh!
    The tour dates are listed at the link you posted.

    I may check out the Charlotte show.

  10. #10
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    The tour dates are listed at the link you posted.

    I may check out the Charlotte show.
    The opening page has a video..page 2 is the Tour page...this is all I get on the tour page.
    Maybe I'm missing something, did a refresh but this is still all I get, thanks for checking tho.


    Screenshot_2019-04-07 Tour Ė The Pineapple Thief.jpg
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

  11. #11
    Member Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolf City
    Posts
    413
    I was into them years ago, had their first three or four Cd's, then sorta drifted away and have not even heard their last 14 CD's, but still might go see them...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Delaware County PA
    Posts
    267
    I like their recent stuff, but their Philly show is at a standing venue. Canít do that any more. And hated it even when I could. I listen better when my body is relaxed; if they donít want me to listen, I pass.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I like their recent stuff, but their Philly show is at a standing venue. Can’t do that any more. And hated it even when I could. I listen better when my body is relaxed; if they don’t want me to listen, I pass.
    There are seats in the balcony

  14. #14
    Member AncientChord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    266
    Finally after years of hoping, this is a reality. They are one of my favorite "prog" discoveries of the last ten years. Unless I die first, I'll be at the Los Angeles show. IMO Bruce Soord is a brilliant writer, and yes, their drummer certainly has some history. I can't wait!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Delaware County PA
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    There are seats in the balcony
    But they are first-come, first-served. I've never been to Union Transfer because there seems to be no way to be sure I will be able to actually see a show from a seat I can claim in advance.

  16. #16
    Ticket sales going well apparently. Down to last 100 for Quebec

  17. #17
    Member AncientChord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    266
    I'm shocked and saddened by the fact that TPT's first US tour is here and that no one has chimed in about any of the shows so far. The last post here was in May. What, no love here for this highly talented band? With the addition of Gavin Harrison, I assumed that the band would get more exposure, which I believe has happened, but when it comes down to the PE forum, you sure could have fooled me. I'll be seeing them in L.A. on Dec. 9th, and am quite ecstatic about it. If anyone here has seen any of the shows so far, please let us know about your experience. And once again, where's the love?...Gee Whiz.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    605
    Well. I saw them last night in Toronto. A drummer friend of mine loves them, and worships at the kick drum pedal of Mr. Harrison, lol. The venue was sold out, and the crowd was super appreciative. They are tight, solid performers and put on a good show. A lot of people seem to love their latest album. Personally, they just don't resonate with me. I find the music fairly same-y, not that dynamic and more alternative rock, than anything, so that would explain my personal lack of love. My other friend felt the same. However, as I said, the crowd was very enthusiastic and into it, so what do i know, and I imagine that if you like this band, you will love it.

    neil

  19. #19
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well. I saw them last night in Toronto. A drummer friend of mine loves them, and worships at the kick drum pedal of Mr. Harrison, lol. The venue was sold out, and the crowd was super appreciative. They are tight, solid performers and put on a good show. A lot of people seem to love their latest album. Personally, they just don't resonate with me. I find the music fairly same-y, not that dynamic and more alternative rock, than anything, so that would explain my personal lack of love. My other friend felt the same. However, as I said, the crowd was very enthusiastic and into it, so what do i know, and I imagine that if you like this band, you will love it.

    neil
    Not so easy to please Neil, maybe you should check out the Cher/Chic show tonight at the Scotiabank Arena, I'll be there...JJ too.
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Not so easy to please Neil, maybe you should check out the Cher/Chic show tonight at the Scotiabank Arena, I'll be there...JJ too.
    Oh, Dave Sr. You will not! Haha.

    neil

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    I had hoped to make the Pontiac Michigan show, but unfortunately it is not going to work out (the show is a 2.5 hour drive drive from where I live). I wish they were playing a bit closer.

  22. #22
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Oh, Dave Sr. You will not! Haha.

    neil
    I kid you not...my friend plays keys with Chic, so we got 2 pair of tix, including meet & greet!
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  23. #23
    I would have gone to the show in Cambridge, MA on 11/24, but ended up having foot surgery 11/21 and haven't gone outside since returning from the hospital. Hopefully they had a good crowd.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well. I saw them last night in Toronto. A drummer friend of mine loves them, and worships at the kick drum pedal of Mr. Harrison, lol. The venue was sold out, and the crowd was super appreciative. They are tight, solid performers and put on a good show. A lot of people seem to love their latest album. Personally, they just don't resonate with me. I find the music fairly same-y, not that dynamic and more alternative rock, than anything, so that would explain my personal lack of love. My other friend felt the same. However, as I said, the crowd was very enthusiastic and into it, so what do i know, and I imagine that if you like this band, you will love it.

    neil
    Well summed up. Not everyone will enjoy them. Same for any band. But for those that do, they certainly seem to be hitting the spot. The tour of America appears to be going very well

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I would have gone to the show in Cambridge, MA on 11/24, but ended up having foot surgery 11/21 and haven't gone outside since returning from the hospital. Hopefully they had a good crowd.
    I'm not a fan, but if you have an account at Dimeadozen, there is an audience recording of the Cambridge, MA show.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •