Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pineapple Thief to tour North America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Pineapple Thief to tour North America

20 dates announced for America and Canada towards end of year. I have read all the pro's and con's about this band. But they are where they are. I will say, however, having seen them a couple of times recently, if you are any way into TPT - just go. They are quite magnificent and if you will regret it if you pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    20 dates announced for America and Canada towards end of year. I have read all the pro's and con's about this band. But they are where they are. I will say, however, having seen them a couple of times recently, if you are any way into TPT - just go. They are quite magnificent and if you will regret it if you pass.
    I hear their drummer is pretty good. Lol. Planning on the attending the Detroit show.

Quote Originally Posted by prog57 View Post
    I hear their drummer is pretty good. Lol. Planning on the attending the Detroit show.
    Hoping to make the Detroit (Pontiac) show as well.

The web site needs to be nuked because you would think for a band seeking to expand their exposure and inform people of tour dates they'd have the dates listed on their own website...nothing!
    shame on me for taking time out to visit the band's very own website looking for tour information..check it out, nothing is listed. http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
    I guess they think most people will go to Facebook first..d'oh!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    These days most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    These days most people do.
    oh really, Facebook before a band's website? the world really has gone Fugazi...
    but I think it would be quite easy to list the tour dates/cities on both pages, eh?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

oh really, Facebook before a band's website? the world really has gone Fugazi...
    but I think it would be quite easy to list the tour dates/cities on both pages, eh?
    If you don't have control of your own website, it might take time to get someone to put that information up for you. Facebook, on the other hand, just takes a moment.

And if you're not on Facebook, you might want to consider just for the idea that you can "like" a bunch of artist/group/event pages so that any time there is news, it will post in your feed. That's a lot easier these days than routinely going to their websites to find out information.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    If you don't have control of your own website, it might take time to get someone to put that information up for you. Facebook, on the other hand, just takes a moment.

And if you're not on Facebook, you might want to consider just for the idea that you can "like" a bunch of artist/group/event pages so that any time there is news, it will post in your feed. That's a lot easier these days than routinely going to their websites to find out information.
    Thank you PY...I am an old progger, I don't have Instagram or Twitter and I use an old flip phone(beam me up Scotty) and a band's website used to be the first tier to find information.
    I do use Facebook(kicking and screaming) and am friends with some bands like Saga,Sadler, Glass Hammer, Dave Kerzner, Nektar and a few others.
    My point was I think the band dropped the ball by not having the tour info on their Band site, that's a no brainer to me.
    I appreciate your explanation and it helps me understand a bit better but not completely.

The web site needs to be nuked because you would think for a band seeking to expand their exposure and inform people of tour dates they'd have the dates listed on their own website...nothing!
    shame on me for taking time out to visit the band's very own website looking for tour information..check it out, nothing is listed. http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
    The tour dates are listed at the link you posted.

I may check out the Charlotte show.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    The tour dates are listed at the link you posted.

I may check out the Charlotte show.
    The opening page has a video..page 2 is the Tour page...this is all I get on the tour page.
    Maybe I'm missing something, did a refresh but this is still all I get, thanks for checking tho.

Screenshot_2019-04-07 Tour – The Pineapple Thief.jpg

I was into them years ago, had their first three or four Cd's, then sorta drifted away and have not even heard their last 14 CD's, but still might go see them...

Ember
    I like their recent stuff, but their Philly show is at a standing venue. Can’t do that any more. And hated it even when I could. I listen better when my body is relaxed; if they don’t want me to listen, I pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I like their recent stuff, but their Philly show is at a standing venue. Can’t do that any more. And hated it even when I could. I listen better when my body is relaxed; if they don’t want me to listen, I pass.
    There are seats in the balcony

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    There are seats in the balcony
    But they are first-come, first-served. I've never been to Union Transfer because there seems to be no way to be sure I will be able to actually see a show from a seat I can claim in advance.

Finally after years of hoping, this is a reality. They are one of my favorite "prog" discoveries of the last ten years. Unless I die first, I'll be at the Los Angeles show. IMO Bruce Soord is a brilliant writer, and yes, their drummer certainly has some history. I can't wait!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Ticket sales going well apparently. Down to last 100 for Quebec

I'm shocked and saddened by the fact that TPT's first US tour is here and that no one has chimed in about any of the shows so far. The last post here was in May. What, no love here for this highly talented band? With the addition of Gavin Harrison, I assumed that the band would get more exposure, which I believe has happened, but when it comes down to the PE forum, you sure could have fooled me. I'll be seeing them in L.A. on Dec. 9th, and am quite ecstatic about it. If anyone here has seen any of the shows so far, please let us know about your experience. And once again, where's the love?...Gee Whiz.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    I'm shocked and saddened by the fact that TPT's first US tour is here and that no one has chimed in about any of the shows so far. The last post here was in May. What, no love here for this highly talented band? With the addition of Gavin Harrison, I assumed that the band would get more exposure, which I believe has happened, but when it comes down to the PE forum, you sure could have fooled me. I'll be seeing them in L.A. on Dec. 9th, and am quite ecstatic about it. If anyone here has seen any of the shows so far, please let us know about your experience. And once again, where's the love?...Gee Whiz.
    I'm opening all of the TPT shows on this run (except the two in Mexico), and the tour has been fantastic. They're crushing every night, and the audiences have been great. See you in LA...

Quote Originally Posted by RMcStine View Post
    I'm opening all of the TPT shows on this run (except the two in Mexico), and the tour has been fantastic. They're crushing every night, and the audiences have been great. See you in LA...
    Hey Randy! What a great show last night in Mesa, AZ! I was very impressed. Too bad you were in the dark for the first number! And that loud band in the other performance area certainly didn't help but you handled it very well.

I bought two CDs from the Merch table and look forward to hearing them. I had hoped to chat with you after the show but ducked out just a bit early to start my long drive back to Tucson.

The Pineapple Thief were just great. I really enjoyed the band. And of course, watching Gavin from the front of the stage was sheer joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Hey Randy! What a great show last night in Mesa, AZ! I was very impressed. Too bad you were in the dark for the first number! And that loud band in the other performance area certainly didn't help but you handled it very well.

I bought two CDs from the Merch table and look forward to hearing them. I had hoped to chat with you after the show but ducked out just a bit early to start my long drive back to Tucson.
    Hey! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the performance. That venue was a bit...difficult, but sometimes there's a charm to that.

Keep in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by RMcStine View Post
    Hey! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the performance. That venue was a bit...difficult, but sometimes there's a charm to that.

Keep in touch!
    What a charming understatement!
    That venue really was one of the worst I have seen (for performers)...I don't know how you all made it look so professional.

Well. I saw them last night in Toronto. A drummer friend of mine loves them, and worships at the kick drum pedal of Mr. Harrison, lol. The venue was sold out, and the crowd was super appreciative. They are tight, solid performers and put on a good show. A lot of people seem to love their latest album. Personally, they just don't resonate with me. I find the music fairly same-y, not that dynamic and more alternative rock, than anything, so that would explain my personal lack of love. My other friend felt the same. However, as I said, the crowd was very enthusiastic and into it, so what do i know, and I imagine that if you like this band, you will love it.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well. I saw them last night in Toronto. A drummer friend of mine loves them, and worships at the kick drum pedal of Mr. Harrison, lol. The venue was sold out, and the crowd was super appreciative. They are tight, solid performers and put on a good show. A lot of people seem to love their latest album. Personally, they just don't resonate with me. I find the music fairly same-y, not that dynamic and more alternative rock, than anything, so that would explain my personal lack of love. My other friend felt the same. However, as I said, the crowd was very enthusiastic and into it, so what do i know, and I imagine that if you like this band, you will love it.

neil
    Not so easy to please Neil, maybe you should check out the Cher/Chic show tonight at the Scotiabank Arena, I'll be there...JJ too.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Not so easy to please Neil, maybe you should check out the Cher/Chic show tonight at the Scotiabank Arena, I'll be there...JJ too.
    Oh, Dave Sr. You will not! Haha.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Oh, Dave Sr. You will not! Haha.

neil
    I kid you not...my friend plays keys with Chic, so we got 2 pair of tix, including meet & greet!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature