Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Final season (8) discussion

create a show where all the actresses have big racks and all the guys will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Who? You've lost me. Jon Snow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Cozy, you mean the whole "Aegon Targaryen" thing?
    Yes, just me being clever.

RIP Jon Snow. Welcome to the show Aegon Targaryen.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

yiou evil Dothraki
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Jon: alive
    Sansa: alive
    Ayra: dead
    Tyrion: alive
    Denarys: dead
    Sam: alive
    Cersei: dead
    Jamie: alive
    Davos: alive
    Theon: alive
    Varys: dead
    Gendry: alive
    Bronn: dead
    Jorah: dead
    Euron: dead
    Yara: alive
    Podrick: alive
    Brienne: alive
    Night king: dead
    Meslisandre: dead
    The hound: alive
    Bran: alive
    Missandei: dead
    Grey Worm: dead

At the pace things are going, we're not going to see Cleganebowl until the end of the season!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Nice prelude to the shit hitting the fan!

I cannot get over the quality of the CGI on those dragons! Fkn incredible.

After re-watching all seasons prior to the finale premiere last night, I've come to the conclusion that season 6 was as badass as badass can get. Let's hope it all goes out with a similar bang.

A couple wish-list items:

Hound vs Mountain
    Crazy dragon fight
    Cercie meets satisfying demise (of Ramsey Bolton proportions), hopefully at the hand of Arya (perhaps using Jamie's face??).
    Last edited by Paulie; 04-15-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Nice prelude to the shit hitting the fan!

I cannot get over the quality of the CGI on those dragons! Fkn ncredible.

After re-watching all seasons prior to the finale premiere last night, I've come to the conclusion that season 6 was as badass as badass can get. Let's hope it goes out with a similar bang.

A couple wish-list items:

Hound vs Mountain
    Crazy dragon fight
    Cercie meets satisfying demise (of Ramsey Bolton proportions), hopefully at the hand of Arya (perhaps using Jamie's face??).
    It would be satisfying indeed to have Arya dispatch Cercie.

Yes the Dragon CGI was amazing, in fact one of my favortie moments was the scene where Jon looked up while kissing his queen to make eye contact with the one of the dragons who seemed somewhat angry and quizzical at the same time.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Jon: dead
    Ayra: alive
    Tyrion: dead
    Denarys: dead
    Jamie: dead
    Davos: alive
    Theon: dead
    Varys: alive
    Bronn: alive
    Jorah: dead
    Yara: dead
    Podrick: dead
    Brienne: dead
    The hound: alive
    Bran: dead
    Missandei: dead
    Grey Worm: dead
    Qybrun: dead
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Picks so far

GOT Deadpool.jpg

Fill in the blanks for any missing from your selection and I'll keep track through the season.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That was a cute opening scene with the boy running through the crowds and going up the tree, while Arya looked on - this was what she did in her first scene back in season one, episode one.

Speaking of Arya, what is that weapon she asked Gendry to forge for her?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Banned
    Jon: dead
    Ayra: alive
    Tyrion: alive
    Denarys: alive
    Jamie: alive
    Davos: dead
    Theon: dead
    Varys: alive
    Bronn: dead
    Jorah: alive
    Yara: alive
    Podrick: alive
    Brienne: alive
    The hound: dead
    Bran: alive
    Missandei: alive
    Grey Worm: alive
    Qybrun: dead

So far we can discount Cersei , Euron & Melisandre as everyone has picked them to be dead, that probably means Cersei is on the Throne, Euron is her husband & Melisandre is the Hand at the end of all this
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Speaking of Arya, what is that weapon she asked Gendry to forge for her?
    An interesting question. We were wondering that, too.

My girlfriend hosted a party for his son and his friends - complete with Oreos and GoT wine.

A few thoughts:

The scene with Jon, Danarys and the dragons was the first time it looked like green screen, to me. Not so much the dragons, but when Dany is pointing towards the waterfalls, it just looked very fake. I was surprised.

According to the young 'uns, Episode 3 is where the big battle is supposed to take place. Anyone else hear this?

That whole "will Dany accept Jon as her King" thing is going to be very, very interesting.

It was cool to see Theon get to play a hero for a few minutes.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    ... I can tell you if we bet any $ on this, I could guarantee my picks will almost all be wrong! I'm probably wrong about Jon, but I'm going to stick with dead out of sheer spite!

Any thoughts on the "burning Umber spiral?"

I only started watching during Season 6 (yeah, I know, I know. I'll catch up when this season is over), so I don't really have perspective on this.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Any thoughts on the "burning Umber spiral?"

I only started watching during Season 6 (yeah, I know, I know. I'll catch up when this season is over), so I don't really have perspective on this.
    Apparently it relates back to the Children Of The Forest who originally created the White Walkers. Alternatively it be a Targaryen reference given their sigil's spiral pattern. I'm going with the former rather than the latter.
    Ian

According to the young 'uns, Episode 3 is where the big battle is supposed to take place. Anyone else hear this?

It was cool to see Theon get to play a hero for a few minutes.
    I haven't heard that, but I'm looking forward to it, whatever episode it is! For the first four seasons, it was the penultimate episode of the season that was the big "WOW!" episode, more so than the final episode:

Season 1 - Ned killed
    Season 2 - Battle of Blackwater Bay
    Season 3 - Red Wedding
    Season 4 - Wildling battle at The Wall (entire episode)

... but season 5 changed that streak, with the final episode (Jon Snow stabbed to death) being the 'big' one (over the previous episode where Shireen Baratheon was sacrificed).

... and then the next two seasons made sure both the penultimate and final episodes were huge:

Season 6 - Battle of the Bastards (penultimate) / Cersei blows up the Sept of Baelor (final)
    Season 7 - Viserion killed and resurrected by Night King (penultimate) / Littlefinger killed, wall destroyed & truth about Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen revealed

... so perhaps this season will continue that trend, and even stretch it back further as the kids suggested! I can only imagine what monumental events are about to unfold...

As for Theon, I felt that part of the story last night was a bit rushed.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I suspect/fear that a lot of things will be rushed. Trying to wrap all of this up in six episodes is going to make for a lot of hurried plot lines as these stories took seven seasons (not to mention how many pages in the books) to develop.

Qybrun is definitely a dead man walking.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    I think no matter what they do in six episodes it will feel rushed and it will be difficult to tie up all the lose ends in a satisfactory way.

I always feel that way somewhat after a series finale, even with Breaking Bad I want to know what happens with Jesse, Skylar, Walt Jr. etc. and that was a masterful finale IMO - and on that note who thinks Jamie is breaking good? I do!

The one exception is Six Feet Under, the ultimate series finale wrap up of all time in my book!

The Americans series finale did not disappoint (unless you were expecting a joyful ending, in which case why were you watching The Americans).

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    and on that note who thinks Jamie is breaking good? I do!

The one exception is Six Feet Under, the ultimate series finale wrap up of all time in my book!
    Yes, ever since I began reading the books many moons ago, I've felt that Jaime has been on a huge character arc. He's always been one of my favourite characters.

Totally agree about the finale to Six Feet Under, whose final four episodes (and those last five minutes in particular) are among the best I've ever seen.

As far as adaption to screen, Game of Thrones vs. Lord of the Rings, I find GoT more interesting and worthy of repeated viewing by comparison.

Banned
    The Americans series finale did not disappoint (unless you were expecting a joyful ending, in which case why were you watching The Americans).
    I agree, even moreso since it was, for me at least, unexpected.

The scene with Jon, Danarys and the dragons was the first time it looked like green screen, to me. Not so much the dragons, but when Dany is pointing towards the waterfalls, it just looked very fake. I was surprised.
    It's not the first time, but I caught this as well. Realistic green screen compositing is a tricky business, but this was below their usual top notch standard.

Yeah, that's a pretty common speculation. I think based on the preview for next week, one could say that it's likely to remain true. It appears as if episode 2 will be the lead in.

I suspect/fear that a lot of things will be rushed. Trying to wrap all of this up in six episodes is going to make for a lot of hurried plot lines as these stories took seven seasons (not to mention how many pages in the books) to develop.
    I agree it will "feel" rushed, but I also felt like many of the side plots through the seasons were painfully slow to develop. If you get my drift, we are so used to slow development that any finale will seem especially rushed because it will happen quickly.