Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Final season (8) discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I am betting on some dragon eggs magically appearing in the last episode.
    What do you mean "magically"? Didn't you see Jurassic Park and how it was explained that when an small, isolated population of amphibians or reptiles has only one sex some species have the ability to spontaneously switch to the other sex and, thus, are able to reproduce?

So, there's the possibility that we could see a shot of Drogon's nest filled with hatchlings.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Okay, let's get this clarified. Bran/Sam knew. Sam told Jon. Jon told Dany, Arya, and Sansa. Sansa told Tyrion. Tyrion told Varys. Purple monkey dishwasher.

But who did Varys tell?
    I think the subtext is rapidly becoming text.

Quote Originally Posted by MissKittysMom View Post
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't know about that. Negative viewpoints tend to appear a larger percentage than they really are, as they are often more elaborately constructed and dwarf the positive ones by comparison - and let's face it, people love to complain and criticize on the net. I've seen loads of people loving this season too, but when most of those comments are just "Great episode!" or "Loved it!" compared with lengthy analyses expanding on every flaw someone can think of, well...

Nothing wrong with either kind of opinion, of course. I get why some people like it and others don't.
    Sure, bad news sells, I get that.

But the reaction is nothing like it used to be, in the good old days of seasons 1-5 let's say. Sure there were nitpickers back then. But this season is just one giant nit itching to be picked, interrupted now and then by a good scene like Ser Brienne or Roasted Varys.

And it's not just the general net public. My favorite TV reviewer is Alan Sepinwall, writing at that rag RS now. He too loved the show before it went off the rails:

It’s that Benioff and Weiss have been a lot less diligent at getting the characters — and the Mother of Dragons in particular — to the planned endpoint. They’ve told us where this is going, but they haven’t really shown the work necessary to bring her from “erratic but ultimately well-meaning” to “will roast thousands of innocent civilians alive just because she feels like it.” A version where she ignored the bells and flew Drogon straight through Cersei’s balcony would have felt of a piece with where the story had taken us to this point. What she did instead required at least another half of a regular-length GoT season to feel earned. But the showrunners needed their queen to get mad in a hurry, and so she did.
    Easy to find countless example of good reviewers who loved the show who are now roasting this season, they are all over the place.

What an absolute waste Cersei's death was. Even Alan's idea of a Drogon wrecking ball is better than the dreck we got.

BTW, knowing these writers, who even knows if Jaime and Cersei are really dead, Arya survived worse in the Dany wreckage.

Capture her, make her tremble before the dragon and roast her slowly. How much better does that ending for Cersei sound?
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Capture her, make her tremble before the dragon and roast her slowly. How much better does that ending for Cersei sound?
    And then force-feed Cersei kabobs to Jaime for his foolish return.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    What an absolute waste Cersei's death was. Even Alan's idea of a Drogon wrecking ball is better than the dreck we got.

BTW, knowing these writers, who even knows if Jaime and Cersei are really dead, Arya survived worse in the Dany wreckage.

My assumption is that Tyrion will go down to cave entrance and see the boat is still there and find them (probably Jaime's arm) because no one in the cast knows they are dead and someone needs to discover that.

But yes, the Cersei thing was lame. It was actually one of 4(!) heel turns - Cersei turns into a wimpy little girl, Arya decides not kill Cersei, Jaime was spinning on his heel and landed on "save Cersei", and of course Dany.

Heel turns and full circle predictions for the final episode:

- Bran wargs into a child and starts climbing the walls of Winterfell.

- Tyrion stops drinking, takes a vow of silence and joins a monastery.

- Jon decides he wants the Throne after all, goes mad, and burns down Winterfell.

- Arya marries Gendry and promises him to wear a new face every night to bed to keep things saucy.

- Brienne rides north to find Tormund. However, Tormund had a change of heart and was last seen sipping Giant's Milk on a tropical beach.

- Sansa joins the X-Men.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Well I'M looking forward to the grand finale.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

- Sansa joins the X-Men.
    Being the only Living Stark without a Mutant Power so far (Warging, Wearing Faces of Dead People, Immunity to Fire and coming back from Death etc.), I'm really wondering what her "trick" will be

Spoiler a head:

She can Morph into an elephant while each guy near to her Morphs into her!

Last edited by TheH; 05-17-2019 at 10:02 AM.

My assumption is that Tyrion will go down to cave entrance and see the boat is still there and find them (probably Jaime's arm) because no one in the cast knows they are dead and someone needs to discover that.

But yes, the Cersei thing was lame. It was actually one of 4(!) heel turns - Cersei turns into a wimpy little girl, Arya decides not kill Cersei, Jaime was spinning on his heel and landed on "save Cersei", and of course Dany.

Heel turns and full circle predictions for the final episode:

- Bran wargs into a child and starts climbing the walls of Winterfell.

- Tyrion stops drinking, takes a vow of silence and joins a monastery.

- Jon decides he wants the Throne after all, goes mad, and burns down Winterfell.

- Arya marries Gendry and promises him to wear a new face every night to bed to keep things saucy.

- Brienne rides north to find Tormund. However, Tormund had a change of heart and was last seen sipping Giant's Milk on a tropical beach.

- Sansa joins the X-Men.
    I'd watch that.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    ^^^
    I like it except for Tyrion becomming a monk. Instead, he and Sansa fall in love and move to the Vale where they have a spat and a VERY drunk Tyrion pushes her through the sky door. After that it's non-stop drinkin' n' whorin'! Yahoo!

Well it certainly seems there are a LOT of people unhappy with the way things are panning out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.4feec71d2366

<edit> Petition ot "Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers" 847K signatures and counting fast...

I tend to agree that D & D went off the rails a bit without a clear direction from Mr. Martin...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    ^^^
    I like it except for Tyrion becomming a monk. Instead, he and Sansa fall in love and move to the Vale where they have a spat and a VERY drunk Tyrion pushes her through the sky door. After that it's non-stop drinkin' n' whorin'! Yahoo!

Well it certainly seems there are a LOT of people unhappy with the way things are panning out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.4feec71d2366

<edit> Petition ot "Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers" 847K signatures and counting fast...

I tend to agree that D & D went off the rails a bit without a clear direction from Mr. Martin...
    I think the "bad writing" is not so much the fault of the writing team, which had delivered good stuff so far but the decision of the producers to get the most out of the visuals. You can't have endless video game like shots and good storywriting at the same time. Jackson delivered a good mix of battle scenes and credible développement for 'Lord of the Rings'. If they would have focused more on the storytelling ...too late.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

You guys got it all wrong. Tyrion, in a drunken rage, is going to kill Bran for his warging powers. He will then possess Drogon and take him for a joy ride. This pisses off Daenerys who is still going mad and loses her shit on Drogon who doesn't take this too kindly and eats her. Then they all thumb wrestle for the throne.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    You guys got it all wrong. Tyrion, in a drunken rage, is going to kill Bran for his warging powers. He will then possess Drogon and take him for a joy ride. This pisses off Daenerys who is still going mad and loses her shit on Drogon who doesn't take this too kindly and eats her. Then they all thumb wrestle for the throne.
    I'm still hoping they'll squeeze in a scene where Legolas comes surfing in on something firing lots of arrows.
    <sig out of order>

Two hours and change until the final episode, chaps. Should be interesting at the very least!

We've just ordered a massive amount of Chinese food and there are five bottles of wine available. Candles are loaded and waiting for dark. We are 'those' kind of people.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Two hours and change until the final episode, chaps. Should be interesting at the very least!

We've just ordered a massive amount of Chinese food and there are five bottles of wine available. Candles are loaded and waiting for dark. We are 'those' kind of people.
    4.5 hours for me. West Coast.

Last predictions?

- If there is a throne, it will be Sansa and/or Tyrion.

- Something is up north.

- They could use time devices. They could fast forward x amount of years in the future and catch us up with Dany’s kid, etc.

- or they could go in the past and tie in the next show.

- Bran, please do something.

Well that was superb
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

- Bran, please do something.
    there ya go
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm not going to complain. Well done.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Well that was superb
    I also really enjoyed it. The why-didn't-this-happen-instead reports will be coming in shortly, but I found it all highly entertaining.

Really liked the scene with Brienne's written addendum to Jaime's history. And I'd love to know where Arya's journey takes her.

...and we still never found out the punchline to Tyrion's joke/story about the honeycomb and the jackass in the brothel - that was the third time we were teased with it!

GOT Deadpool.jpg

Well done Jerjo, only missed on 3.
    Ian

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Closure in most cases was good. I can't help to feel that Jon deserved better.
    Chad

Here's another prediction, within a month Bantam books will announce a publication date for Winds of Winter. George will have been sitting on it pending the end of the TV series.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I also really enjoyed it. The why-didn't-this-happen-instead reports will be coming in shortly, but I found it all highly entertaining.

Really liked the scene with Brienne's written addendum to Jaime's history. And I'd love to know where Arya's journey takes her.

...and we still never found out the punchline to Tyrion's joke/story about the honeycomb and the jackass in the brothel - that was the third time we were teased with it!
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Really enjoyed it.

Oh BTW, did anyone notice the much older Robin of the Vale at the council? He looks like thirty now.