Thread: Rod Stewart Live?

Rod Stewart Live?

Curious........has anyone here seen Rod Stewart live in the last few years? The reason I ask is he is going to be playing live in a place I will be later in the year. I like Rod's stuff with The Faces, and some of his solo stuff. I am not a fan of his Crooner / American Songbook period. Wondering if anyone has seen him fairly recently. Does he rock at all? Does he still have a voice?

I saw him back in the 80's.. typical pop star showed up late.. apologized for his tardiness then proceeded to kick 1/2 dozen soccer balls out into the audience and announced.. now let's play some rock n roll.. then put on a tremendous show.. all the hits and some real gems I didn't expect the "80's" Rod to play..
    One of those "glad I saw him then" concerts but doubt I would seek him out now just to say I saw him..

I just went to YouTube and clicked on a recent live video. Not too bad really, considering his age. Looks like a big production with lots of ballads. It could use a little Ron Wood to make things filthy again.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I just went to YouTube and clicked on a recent live video. Not too bad really, considering his age. Looks like a big production with lots of ballads. It could use a little Ron Wood to make things filthy again.
    After I posted this I did the same thing. He still sounds pretty good and appears to have a good band, but yes the set seemed to be pretty ballad heavy. I looked up recent shows on setlist FM and he appears to change it up every night.

Check the calendar. If it says something later than 1975 at the top, I'd steer clear. But that's just me.

here's a 3-hour show from last year. I have the Reason To Believe box. that's my main area of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QxzluXjvQ8
    Last edited by davis; 04-09-2019 at 07:27 AM.

we enjoyed this 2018 concert in Nashville!

http://www.musiccitynashville.net/fi...od-stewart.php
    GLOBAL GRIDIRON! --- Nashville musician pledges to form an International League of American Football funded through song sales. Buy an MP3 and help build a league.

Thanks for the review. I am still thinking about it.