Thread: Three Parts Punch

Three Parts Punch

Here is a new little ditty i've put together for use in some future project.

For now, just sharing a fun thing to shake your booty to

I'm particularly fond of the ending. I hope it brings a smile.

Ta,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks, Kimara! That is groove-a licious!

Thanks! Glad you like it
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

One tiny bump....

And an announcement that "+1 Family Songs" will be officially released tomorrow. Oh yay.

You can stream it using the link below. Visit our site tomorrow for more details about the release and/or to acquire your own copy on CD.

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/FamilySongs

Click the splash page image to get into the music player.

Thanks to everyone here for their reliable support and discerning ears

There are several answers that are correct here. Usually in most Japanese and Okinawan arts the two largest knuckles (index and one next to it) are used but only if the wrist is in a position so that the bones in the hand are lined up straight with the forearm. In that position if you look at the bones connecting the ring finger and little finger they are not aligned with the forearm. Many people have used hook punches while having their wrist lined up this way. This can cause the little finger to get injured.
    If you change the hand position so that the three smallest knuckles are in line with the forearm then you can safely punch with those three knuckles. So what I'm saying here is that you either position the hand so that the two largest knuckles are in line with the are to use them, or you change it so that the bones of the three smaller knuckles are lined up with the arm.

Oh snap! How did I miss this when it was first posted?!

I'm gonna queue this one up for this morning. Thanks Kim!

I guess we can thank the Spambot for bumping Kim's post for him
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I guess we can thank the Spambot for bumping Kim's post for him
    Yep!

Is Joyce12 describing a Three Parts Punch above??? Or.... ???? Huh???? Cool

The name sort of refers to something being 3 parts punch (one part gin?) or maybe the fact that it's in 3 parts with the last having a punch (this is it, actually) or... i like what she has up there

Kam is my grandson. The full title includes a shout out to him, as he inspired it with one of his own early creations. There. All the deets you didn't ask for

Thanks to all of the commenters here including, if any, spambots and the like. We appreciate the kind words.

I popped in to say Family Songs has been getting a fair amount of play in the U.K. (where apparently they love us). Thanks to all of our DJ friends and fans there and here

Peace yodels,

Kim

Finally got around to listening to this one, and it's lovely!

When it first started up I wondered if maybe I had clicked on the wrong thing because those opening bars sounded so different from what I was expecting.

Looking forward to how this one fits into a future project.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Finally got around to listening to this one, and it's lovely!

When it first started up I wondered if maybe I had clicked on the wrong thing because those opening bars sounded so different from what I was expecting.

Looking forward to how this one fits into a future project.
    Thanks. It's always nice to be unexpected

Some of you expressed an interest in where this track might end up. It's on Polyethylene Pet's upcoming album called "With Hidden Noise" due out Sept/Oct.

Since you are all so groovy, here is an advance listen for you: http://www.precognitiverecords.com/HiddenNoise

As always, just click on the splash page (cover image) to get to the music player.

It's PP so fairly abstract but i hope an enjoyable ride. Thanks to everyone for your ongoing support and/or friendship

Peace outlets,

Kim

Bumpster

Final mention, for any last minute adventurers.... http://www.precognitiverecords.com/catalog?85scs1x