Thread: Nektar is back

Nektar is back

Just for information. Nektar are rehearsing right now near Trenton NJ. We are writing new music and mining the music left over from the 1978 cellar tapes we did with Ryche Chlanda at my house in Chatham NJ. We will have enough music for maybe a double album ready for January 2020 our 50th anniversary. We will record it in July and release a piece of music free so you will all know we are for real. And we are! The band is Ron Howden, Mick Brockett, Ryche Chlanda, Kendall Scott, and Randy Dembo and myself Mo on bass. I am sure that you will all like the new music in the original Nektar vein, it is coming along nicely. Ryche played with Nektar when he was 21, great guitarist/vocals I think you will like him a lot. Once we go live we will be doing the new music and also the classics. Mick is putting his light show back together for the new concerts, what he is planning is amazing. He was the pioneer of light shows in the 60's. He and I are back writing lyrics as we have always done for Nektar. We will be recording Devils Door left over from the original band which was never finished or recorded on any album. We will put that out as a tribute to Roye. Thanks for your support over the years.

If you have questions, I will answer them for you. 50 years is a great milestone - come celebrate with us

Mo

Great news , thanks for the update , Mo!

Quote Originally Posted by mochester View Post
    Just for information. Nektar are rehearsing right now near Trenton NJ. We are writing new music and mining the music left over from the 1978 cellar tapes we did with Ryche Chlanda at my house in Chatham NJ. We will have enough music for maybe a double album ready for January 2020 our 50th anniversary. We will record it in July and release a piece of music free so you will all know we are for real. And we are! The band is Ron Howden, Mick Brockett, Ryche Chlanda, Kendall Scott, and Randy Dembo and myself Mo on bass. I am sure that you will all like the new music in the original Nektar vein, it is coming along nicely. Ryche played with Nektar when he was 21, great guitarist/vocals I think you will like him a lot. Once we go live we will be doing the new music and also the classics. Mick is putting his light show back together for the new concerts, what he is planning is amazing. He was the pioneer of light shows in the 60's. He and I are back writing lyrics as we have always done for Nektar. We will be recording Devils Door left over from the original band which was never finished or recorded on any album. We will put that out as a tribute to Roye. Thanks for your support over the years.

If you have questions, I will answer them for you. 50 years is a great milestone - come celebrate with us

Mo
    Do you have a link for the band and this new info?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Right now our website is being worked on but it will be back up soon. Our 2 facebook pages are "Nektar the Legendary Rock Band" and "Nektar Appreciation Society" We also have an instagram page that is linked to both. All will be linked to Nektarsmusic.com once it is back up. The archives "Thenektarproject.com" crashed but is back up. We are working to restore it to how it was when Wayne finished it. I think you will find as we progress that the information will flow and you will know what is going on. I will also be posting on Progressive ears. We have interviews in the prog magazines coming up

There is also Nektar on facebook that we are posting on. It gas 561 members

I'll check FB out tomorrow Mo and maybe we can get that members number up to 562..
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Hopefully a tour or festivals are in the picture as well. Good luck!

We are working on festivals and tour dates now. I can't see us touring til October as we have a lot of work to do on the new music, then the Classic music and the Lightshow. Takes a lot of planning as you can imagine. But its coming along as planned

well we bumped your FB page membership up by one and I see it's now up to 564.

Quote Originally Posted by mochester View Post
    We are working on festivals and tour dates now. I can't see us touring til October as we have a lot of work to do on the new music, then the Classic music and the Lightshow. Takes a lot of planning as you can imagine. But its coming along as planned
    Good news! Take all the time you need.

Hey gang,
    the istagram page is @nektar_offical The website is coming shortly!

Thanks for your input Randy

Great news! Thanks for another incarnation! Enjoy yourselves, and let us know when we can support the new band!

I read your posts on Facebook, Mo. Very happy to hear this on here as well! I hope a date in the San Francisco Bay Area appears at some point. On Nektar, on!