Thread: GG Allin documentary: All in the Family

GG Allin documentary: All in the Family

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I put the tube on and flipped around the channels. I discovered on Showtime a documentary on GG Allin, All in the Family. Wow! He used to play a lot in Boston area in the early 80s. I never went to see him, even though I heard he put on quite show. (His brother, Merle, had a pretty good band in the late 70s called Thrills, that I'd seen a number of times.) I've heard stuff by GG's early band, the Jabbers, and that seems tame compared to what he was doing later with the Murder Junkies. Kind of glad I never got to see him, after seeing what he did on stage. After that documentary, I really couldn't get back to sleep. Anyone else seen All in the Family or seen GG in person?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Yeah, I caught it a couple of weeks ago, and even though I don't care much for punk, the attitude or music, found it to be pretty interesting. I can't imagine living the way he and his brother lived, at least if any of the family parts were "real". Different strokes for different folks. I guess.

Some years ago I stumbled on a GG Alin live performance video on YouTube. I'd recalled that a colleague was really into him and had mentioned his over-the-top antics, so I watched it out of sheer morbid curiosity. Part of me wishes I hadn't. It showed him performing stark naked in a small club fronting his band and singing - mostly screaming, then squatting down to defecate on the stage, after which he rubbed some of the excrement on his face and then flung the rest on audience members standing nearby. Pretty, um, eye-popping stuff, to say the least! The comments were probably better than the video itself though I'm not in the least tempted to go back and look at them again. The two that I remember most clearly were "How in the hell is this even on YouTube!" and "This is ART!"

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Some years ago I stumbled on a GG Alin live performance video on YouTube. I'd recalled that a colleague was really into him and had mentioned his over-the-top antics, so I watched it out of sheer morbid curiosity. Part of me wishes I hadn't. It showed him performing stark naked in a small club fronting his band and singing - mostly screaming, then squatting down to defecate on the stage, after which he rubbed some of the excrement on his face and then flung the rest on audience members standing nearby. Pretty, um, eye-popping stuff, to say the least! The comments were probably better than the video itself though I'm not in the least tempted to go back and look at them again. The two that I remember most clearly were "How in the hell is this even on YouTube!" and "This is ART!"
    Yep, saw it. The dude was nuts.