Thread: ...in these murky waters debut album out now. All Mellotron! All the time!

...in these murky waters debut album out now. All Mellotron! All the time!

A while back there was a discussion about music with only Mellotron. I mentioned that I had recorded an album using Optigan, Orchestron, chamberlin and of course everyone’s favorite... The Mellotron.

If you are curious to hear a sample please have a look at this video my friend Martin Gustafsson made...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=xHBfV3xhXQ8

If you want to hear more of maybe even order a copy why not stroll by the bandcamp shop...!

https://roth-handle.bandcamp.com

Thank you for listening...!

// Mattias

Great album. GET IT, PEOPLE

What? No accordion?

Good stuff !

How about Mellotron and Sitar?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What? No accordion?
    Well...there is chamberlin accordion on there...does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    How about Mellotron and Sitar?
    I have a Optigan sitar disc but I’m saving it for the next album...!

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Great album. GET IT, PEOPLE
    Thankyouverymuch!!!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    It sounds really nice! Well done.

I have the CD a week or two and like it very much. Sometimes it reminds me of the stuff David Stewart & Barbara Gaskin produced, but this time using Mellotrons etc. in stead of synths.

Ooooohh, another Dr Mathias project/product. This necromonkey (me) is gonna check this out.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

As long as we're getting excited about Dr Mattias projects...this is also a hell of a thing and well worth hearing:

http://roth-handle.bandcamp.com/albu...ant-and-castle

Go forth and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    As long as we're getting excited about Dr Mattias projects...this is also a hell of a thing and well worth hearing:

http://roth-handle.bandcamp.com/albu...ant-and-castle

Go forth and enjoy!
    ...and we have started recording new material!

A fresh review from Poland.

Today, something for fans of Ånglagård and White Willow music, and a bit of intimate, dreamy pop rock and even an artistic song.

In These Murky Waters is a Stockholm-based duet that includes Ewik Rodell (vocals) and Mattias Olsson (a wealth of keyboard instruments with such sophisticated equipment as the melotron, chamberlin, optigan and orchestrion at the helm). Mattias, we perfectly remember, mainly as a drummer in such great Scandinavian bands as Ånglagård, White Willow, Gösta Berlings Saga, Necromonkey or Molesome.

It can be said that Ewik and Mattias met as randomly as in an ideal moment. Ewik was looking for new sounds for the album she was preparing. She sought out experienced musicians who would help put her ideas into practice. She found Mattias through mutual friends. During the first meeting, Mattias offered her to sing in several pieces composed by him. Between two musicians, the material was immediately sparked and quickly selected, which now appears on their first album released by Apollon Records. Ewik and Mattias label him as a duo named In These Murky Waters. The same title bears their album.

Three quarters of music and twelve songs of quite diverse character: from atmospheric and song recordings maintained in the style of modern pop ("Adventures In Central Park", "Ophelia"), through quasi-vaudeville songs ("Memories And Tape"), cabaret (" Postcard ") and acting (" Rooms Of Faded Photographs ") about ambient and even fair (" Carnival ") overtones, to modern triphop rhythms (" Tears On A Green Sequined Dress "," Burn Bridges Burn "), nostalgic ballads ("Ann-Marie", "Berlin Zoo"), and even slightly progressive sounds ("We Came From The Ocean")

Olsson plays old and old-fashioned sounding instruments that play loops and sounds from films and tapes. In addition, he uses oldschool percussion machines from the 60s and 70s, and slightly hazy, but very nice vocal Rodell makes the whole, though so stylistically diverse, sounds very coherent and in addition as if it was kept in sepia color. However, after listening to this smudged music several times, it begins to take on sharper, more expressive shapes. Pictures, stories and glimpses. Memories and tapes. Abstract paintings, dark scene and intimate atmosphere. Dusky and dreams ... This is a record