Thread: Eris Pluvia new song sounds familiar?

Eris Pluvia new song sounds familiar?

For those of you that have heard the new Eris Pluvia CD "Tales From Another Time" does anyone else hear Genesis "Dance On A Volcano" in the song "Lost In The Sands Of Time"? It can be heard on Youtube (of course) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSt4w9b6v4
    (sorry, I don't know how to embed the actual video link) around the 1:30 mark.
    Am I reaching?

No, that little bit is pretty reminiscent of DoaV. Is the whole disc like this? I've got Rings Of Earthly Light, and I haven't listened lately, but I recall it as pretty good. This track reminds me a bit of Italian 80s/90s act Leviathan. That's not a good thing.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 03-23-2019 at 08:19 PM.

I was listening to the Leviathan track on Colossus of Rhodes earlier today and I really liked it. I don't remember being as impressed with their regular albums. --Peter

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    No, that little bit is pretty reminiscent of DoaV. Is the whole disc like this? I've got Rings Of Earthly Light, and I haven't listened lately, but I recall it as pretty good. This track reminds me a bit of Italian 80s/90s act Leviathan. That's not a good thing.
    "Rings of Earthly Light" is easily the strongest Italian Prog album from the 90s. It is also one of the best Albums
    of pastoral Prog of all times.

The current Eris Pluvia have hardly anything to do with the original outfit. It is only the bass Player left from
    the debut lineup and a guitarist who was in the band before the debut and just guested on a track on that.

The band Ancient Veil is much closer (although not as good as) to the original band, and had four guys
    from the "Rings of Earthly Light" Lineup on their latest Album.

The YT track really sounds somewhat like Leviathan. I kinda like their Album "Bee Yourself" but their other
    stuff is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaShark View Post
    For those of you that have heard the new Eris Pluvia CD "Tales From Another Time" does anyone else hear Genesis "Dance On A Volcano" in the song "Lost In The Sands Of Time"? It can be heard on Youtube (of course) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSt4w9b6v4
    (sorry, I don't know how to embed the actual video link) around the 1:30 mark.
    Am I reaching?
    Choose "Insert Video" (the second icon from the right) and enter the URL in the pop-up screen.

The artwork makes this look like a sequel to Deyss' At King! --Peter