Thread: Purple Overdose (Greek underground neo-acid rock group) on YT - WTF?!

Purple Overdose (Greek underground neo-acid rock group) on YT - WTF?!

I've always really liked this band, who stemmed from the original "neo-psychedelic" wave of the late 80s and developed into one of the most interesting European takes on the form during the 90s, particularly with the albums Solemn Visions ('96) and Reborn ('99), the latter from which the following song was culled.

But 147,000 views (check the original YT page for this) - for what's essentially an obscure Greek small-niche underground club act? That's nothing short of amazing! Was this song featured in a movie or something, or is this band way bigger than I thought?

Anyone? Spyros?

BTW, here's a better track altogether - albeit with some 3200 views :
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

They had a very big local following -unusual for underground local bands- that (unfortunately for them) was not reflected in their album sales. It exploded some years after the release of "Reborn".
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Great band. I have a few of their releases... and yes, I ran into them on YT.
    Last edited by davis; 02-22-2013 at 09:42 AM.

The late Michael Piper turned me on to this band. I have all their releases.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTG8 View Post
    The late Michael Piper turned me on to this band. I have all their releases.
    Next week there will be another one
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Great band - Nick from Anazitisi Records has some relationship with these guys and their archives, so it wouldn't surprise me uf more pops up. If you're interested, ping him at www.anazitisirecords.com

He's really good folk and loves to engage in the Greek psych/prog music scene.

Really a good band, pity there's no CD's of them in stock.