Thread: RiP Mark Lindsay

RiP Mark Lindsay

This is a little late as he passed away February 14, 2019 from Cancer in Birmingham, AL (according to Wikipedia)

For you young'uns....he was the singer in Paul Revere And The Raiders in the 60's 70's. Both he and Paul Revere are now gone.

They started out in the Pacific Northwest.

An interesting story....My old girlfriend's grandmother and the woman I bought my house from.....Josie Wilson was the mother of the Ventures Don Wilson. At one time she was a part owner of the Ventures and up and coming bands in the NW would approach her for management. Paul Revere approached her and she turned them down thinking they weren't going to go anywhere....she said "that was one costly mistake"....I should go visit Don to see if he had any recollection of the event....

Anyway....I remember them on TV as a kid and I probably have some of the 45's mixed in with the Beatles / Monkees.......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

He lived in a house just up the street from me where I grew up. I remember hearing the band play and going over and getting invited in to listen by the lady who owned the house (his mom?). I was only 11 or so, I was in awe that a band was practicing up the street from me. I remember songs like Cherokee Nation, Arizona, Silver Bird - I still have all those songs in my collection. - I probably should pick up a Collection. I liked his work after - or aside from Paul Revere as well.

RIP. I remember that band. Saw them a lot on TV in the 60s.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.

He and the Raiders were the soundtrack of my yout. Loved how they looked on Where the Action Is. Mark Lindsay was the first guy I ever saw with a pony tail. I thought that was so cool. Check out the Raiders very first album, Like Long Hair, from 1961. Mostly instrumentals with Mark on tenor sax, if I remember correctly. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Lopez; 03-20-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Yet another sad loss. Great band. RIP Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Wikipedia has updated this page and deleted the information of his death......if so, then this is GOOD news! Sorry if I bummed anyone out.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Yep, the reports of his death...

You know the rest.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I still have many Raider albums, and they were a part of my youth. I watched Where The Action Is as well. I think the first album I or my brother bought was Spirit of 76 RIP