Thread: Daniel Eliseev Project (DEP) debut on Dutch Progressive Rock Pages

Daniel Eliseev Project (DEP) debut on Dutch Progressive Rock Pages

Congratulations Daniel, nice to see you getting such great exposure and positive reviews.
    Still loving the album here, we never grow tired of listening to it.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Congratulations Daniel, nice to see you getting such great exposure and positive reviews.
    Still loving the album here, we never grow tired of listening to it.
    Thank you, Richard! What I do not fully accept in the review is the definition of the band as a prog metal. What do you think about this?
    And if any of the members of the forum also shared an opinion I would be grateful to him!

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with prog-metal. The fact that the guitars "bite" give the music some heavy edge, and yes, this record belongs to the heavy, guitar driven side of progressive rock. But prog metal? Like Dream Theater and stuff? No way.

It is a very-very good record (the songs, the performance, the sonics) that deserves some greater attention from people who enjoy melodic, symphonic, heavy rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    In my opinion, this has nothing to do with prog-metal. The fact that the guitars "bite" give the music some heavy edge, and yes, this record belongs to the heavy, guitar driven side of progressive rock. But prog metal? Like Dream Theater and stuff? No way.

It is a very-very good record (the songs, the performance, the sonics) that deserves some greater attention from people who enjoy melodic, symphonic, heavy rock.
    Thanks for your comment, Zappathustra! And thank you for the good words about the album!
    I'm not a big fan of stylish definitions, but a lot of people define the style album like Heavy Prog, Eclectic Prog, or Symphonic Prog.

I agree with Zappa and yourself, this definitely isn't PRog Metal, and I understand certain music outlets require genre and sub genre titles.
    But I wouldn't get too upset, after all you were reviewed by a substantial organization and that review was positive.
    Your creative work is being received positively, and regardless of the definition, it is being discussed amongst the progressive rock world, and that discussion has been very positive.

It's been wonderful following your journey from those first raw demos and ideas to the finished product, and also to see how positively you are representing the progressive rock music from Bulgaria.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 03-17-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post

I don't really care for a lot of Prog Metal since to my ear a lot of it has a sameness in structure and even melody so I might have skipped it if not for the above description.

ADDENDUM: I'm listening now and it's quite enjoyable. Not metal at all which is fine by me.
    Last edited by Splicer; 03-17-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I don't really care for a lot of Prog Metal since to my ear a lot of it has a sameness in structure and even melody so I might have skipped it if not for the above description.

ADDENDUM: I'm listening now and it's quite enjoyable. Not metal at all which is fine by me.
    Thanks, Splicer! There are some heavy moments, but not and Prog Metal.