Thread: Toyah "In The Court Of The Crimson Queen (Remixed And Expanded)" 2CD set

Toyah "In The Court Of The Crimson Queen (Remixed And Expanded)" 2CD set

Toyah (Mrs. Robert Fripp) "In The Court Of The Crimson Queen (Remixed And Expanded)" 2CD set incl. Amazon exclusive (Edsel UK)

Description
    A re-imagining of Toyah's 2008 album release, with four brand new songs: 'Dance In The Hurricane', 'Telepathic Lover', 'Who Let The Beast Out' and 'Our Hearts Still Beat'. Toyah and producer/co-writer Simon Darlow (one-time member of the Buggles, co-writer of Grace Jones "Slave to the Rhythm") have remixed and added instrumentation to all the existing songs. With a new running order across two CDs, all these mixes appear for the first time. This release features stunning new artwork across the digipak and the 24 page booklet.

This Amazon Exclusive Version contains a limited edition signed booklet.

Tracklist
    TBA

Amazon UK Exclusive Edition (shown above)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PD4484D/?tag=imwan-21

It would be nice if she covered ITCOTCK and changed the words.

Make it so!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is this album good? I've primarily only heard her albums before she was married to Fripp, and thought there were a few good songs though I never took to it much. I also heard those couple (or was it only one) of sort of spoken word/Frippertronics albums they did after they were together, which were interesting but not captivating. But I don't know anything about what she did after that.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    This doesn't interest me.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I like the Sunday All Over the World LP, kinda like '80s KC with female vox.

Yeah the Sunday All Over The World was cool. I like the song she did with Tony Banks, 'Lion of Symmetry' too, but I haven't heard any of her solo stuff.

I have some of her early solo Albums (or better early Albums by the band Toyah).

I really like those (although I hardly play them now). I would recommend The Changeling or Anthem
    for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Anthem
    A British mock-punk/newwave classic of the day. I still like it, better than certain other Brit-mocks like Adam Ant or Sigue Sigue Sputnik. But somewhat less than Nina Hagen or Wall of Voodoo, the queen and kings of mock-punk respectively.

Toyah sang a cool tune on Trey Gunn's The Third Star. I'd rather not hear her do Krimson-material myself, though. Or wait, perhaps she could do like we did in one of my bands during the early 90s and arrange an acapella-rendition of "Fracture". That was real fun. She'll have to dub her vox, of course. Or maybe she could do "Groon" acapella with her husband?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Toyah sang a cool tune on Trey Gunn's The Third Star. I'd rather not hear her do Krimson-material myself, though. Or wait, perhaps she could do like we did in one of my bands during the early 90s and arrange an acapella-rendition of "Fracture". That was real fun. She'll have to dub her vox, of course. Or maybe she could do "Groon" acapella with her husband?
    Yes, that song on The Third Star "Symbiotic" is very cool. Shame that she did not sing more for Gunn.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Sunday All Over The World is really good!

Toyah Willcox=my sister from another mister.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!