Thread: Pink Floyd 2003 documentary

Pink Floyd 2003 documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUBnS5G34IM
    I've got the one where they discuss the Making of Dark Side of the Moon that came out some time ago but I just found this one on Youtube.
    The band is collectively on board and excited about the 5.1 mix of the album that obviously had just been released at the time of this documentary.
    I've never heard the 5.1 mix, anyone here raise a hand in favor of this mix being so much better than any previous mix? I still have my original vinyl that I bought shortly after the albums was originally released.. sadly all the stickers ended up on notebooks and the poster are long gone.

I've seen that doc before... anyway, I got the Immersion box and it is pretty wonderful
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

The 5.1 mix from 2003 was often used to demonstrate a surround system, so you can tell it's very much a mix with a lot of effects. You'll never forget those clocks!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    The 5.1 mix from 2003 was often used to demonstrate a surround system, so you can tell it's very much a mix with a lot of effects. You'll never forget those clocks!
    Both Roger and Dave comment on how this mix was very much the same as what they used on tour at that time.. Quad was the "in" thing as people might remember. I don't have a 5.1 system so not sure I would benefit from snagging a copy.

Just now watching this and digging it...thanks for sharing!