Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Once again, were down to one Yes: ARW is toast

YesO will be touring this summer with the Carl Palmer Band opening. I was told that directly.

I hope ARW isn't over. I do recall when they first announced the reunion of the three that Trevor said he would give 3 years to the project. It has been 3 years. Rick also just cancelled some tour dates this winter & spring due to a family health crisis. Including the 50th Ann. Strawbs celebration. And I do recall Jon saying they were taking 2019 off. Maybe they are going to revisit later in the year and see if they can put it together again, but it does seem like a lame thing to do. You would really want to build on the momentum. If I were to wager a guess, this is because Trevor has other work to do. Jon & Rick seem more like the types that would just keep touring and making money.

Yes there was mention of things slowing down, but this Anderson interview has an air of finality about it IMHO. (Quoting from it, "So I just went, 'Okay, I gotta get on my with life' sort of thing. We were damn good. We played some great shows.") It wouldn't surprise me if it was finished. I just wonder why they bothered with it all though, if this is it!

Meanwhile whatever happened to the releases which were supposedly on the cards for the 50th anniversary? A version of 'Go Through This' with new vocals was apparently recorded for this purpose...but nothing came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Yes there was mention of things slowing down, but this Anderson interview has an air of finality about it IMHO. (Quoting from it, "So I just went, 'Okay, I gotta get on my with life' sort of thing. We were damn good. We played some great shows.") It wouldn't surprise me if it was finished. I just wonder why they bothered with it all though, if this is it!
    So it doesn't mean much that Anderson plainly answered "Yes" when asked if will work in ARW again?

Not really. But I suppose you're the one who thinks they have actually recorded an album!

Not to be overly pedantic, but wouldn't it be proper to say "ARW is scones."? Or even crumpets?
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Not to be overly pedantic, but wouldn't it be proper to say "ARW is scones."? Or even crumpets?
    ARW is a bap.

Not really. But I suppose you're the one who thinks they have actually recorded an album!
    I just think it's weird to assume Anderson was misleading by answering "yes" to a very simple yes or no question.

When did I say they've recorded an album? This isn't string theory but instead basic English. ARW recorded "Fragile" (or is that an illusion?), Anderson said they have half an album and Rabin said ARW has "a lot more in the pipeline."

A track is not an album. I personally doubt that they have recorded much else beyond fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Rabin said ARW has "a lot more in the pipeline."
    Yeah, that's obvious.

A track is not an album. I personally doubt that they have recorded much else beyond fragments.

Yeah, that's obvious.
    Yeah, bands always let fans know where they are on an album, sqabbles over songs, etc. The fact that ARW is unique in not doing this must mean Anderson and Rabin are lying.

I just think it's weird to assume Anderson was misleading by answering "yes" to a very simple yes or no question.

When did I say they've recorded an album? This isn't string theory but instead basic English. ARW recorded "Fragile" (or is that an illusion?), Anderson said they have half an album and Rabin said ARW has "a lot more in the pipeline."
    Everyone keeps returning to this song like it's a good thing.. I heard it when it first got posted and just re-listened to it.. I would hope the three of them have something better to show than this composition after being together for 3 years... it's pretty lame IMHO.. it goes nowhere..

I'm even quoting your earlier post.

"I have no idea whether that's in the cards or not, but it's certainly not something I'm against and it's not something Jon or Rick is against," Rabin says. "We've been offered a number of record deals but we don't want to commit to that, so we've turned them down. Doing a record contract is not something we want to do, and if we record then we'll record first and then decide what to do with it. There won't be some announcement that Yes signs to whatever. That's not something we're even interested in."
    Doesn't sound to me like they had an album good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Everyone keeps returning to this song like it's a good thing.. I heard it when it first got posted and just re-listened to it.. I would hope the three of them have something better to show than this composition after being together for 3 years... it's pretty lame IMHO.. it goes nowhere..
    It was pleasant enough, but nothing revelatory. I can't draw any conclusions from one track. The only other 'new' thing I heard from them was that instrumental preamble they were playing in live shows.
    Last edited by JJ88; 03-02-2019 at 05:38 PM.

I'm even quoting your earlier post.

Doesn't sound to me like they had an album good to go! .
    You really should look into building up your reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    YesO will be touring this summer with the Carl Palmer Band opening. I was told that directly.
    Possibly two other bands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I hope ARW isn't over. I do recall when they first announced the reunion of the three that Trevor said he would give 3 years to the project. It has been 3 years. Rick also just cancelled some tour dates this winter & spring due to a family health crisis. Including the 50th Ann. Strawbs celebration. And I do recall Jon saying they were taking 2019 off. Maybe they are going to revisit later in the year and see if they can put it together again, but it does seem like a lame thing to do. You would really want to build on the momentum. If I were to wager a guess, this is because Trevor has other work to do. Jon & Rick seem more like the types that would just keep touring and making money.
    See more at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnarw.htm#wakrab Some interesting quotes from Anderson.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

You really should look into building up your reading comprehension.
    Where your posts are concerned I should probably look into not bothering to read them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

See more at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnarw.htm#wakrab Some interesting quotes from Anderson.

Henry
    Thanks, all very vague really isn't it. Somehow that now-old quote from Wakeman about seeing it as a three/four year thing passed me by.

"everything that surrounded us wasn't as clear or as well defined as it should be. When you're on the road, you're expecting to be, sort of, well organised [...] and it just wasn't as clear, for us, the three of us, where we were heading. " Who or what is he talking about here, I wonder.
    Last edited by JJ88; 03-02-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Where your posts are concerned I should probably look into not bothering to read them at all.
    I don't use big words. But nobody has ever said ARW has an album recorded.

According to the genius that is Brian Lane, there can only be one Quintessential YES. ;-)

That recent interview with the really terrible interviewer/host ( Backstories? ) that was streamed by Guitar Player Magazine, me thinks. linked on this thread/ on youtube, was one of the greatest and most truthful interviews Jon has given in my opinion, in a very long time. Yes, typical Jon, but there were answers given folks hadn't heard in years ( or remembered by many for that matter ;-) ). Jon actually spoke of getting help, no, not that type of help;-) and crediting others for their musical contributions; esp. Steve.

Look, few YES-fans don't have a clue when it comes to relstionships with bandmates, on and off for decades. Pain in the arse for sure on so many levels. Alan is Switzerland. :-) But, I did feel some love for all those previous mates and bandmates, that Jon hasn't exoressed in quite sometime. It was nice, unlike the clusterfuck, for the most part, other than the perfirmances and Steve's speech, that was the induction into the RRHS. I really wanted to go, after-party with some of my friends was amazing I heard, esp with special guests, but I knew Jon, Rick and Trevor just didn't really care enough to behave like bigboys. Sure, as some have put it Rick was the central life of the party for many of those in attendance who had't heard his sctick multiple times before.

Me, I just want to hear the music talk.

^RE; R&RHOF 'clusterfuck'. I was so glad that nothing like this happened.

Yikes!

I couldn't access that clip or the next place I looked. I did find and see it, but just like the Duperbowl, I'm glad I missed seeing Adam Levine's nipples. ;-)

was one of the greatest and most truthful interviews Jon has given in my opinion, in a very long time
    These guys, they've been interviewed, profiled, pilloried by the press so many times they've got a number of shields up, little stories they spiel, avoidance mechanisms in place to dodge the questions they know are coming. It's hard for an interviewer to build any kind of trust or relationship to get past that. So I'll have to check out that interview with Jon. If you want to see masters of evasion, watch any interview of Robert Plant or Mick Jagger. I'd put Jon in that class, spinning cosmic answers to questions he's heard before.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I had hoped that ARW could put something new and exciting together but as time went by I ended up having my doubts that anything was going to happen. I would still welcome new music from them if it ever happens. I guess maybe everything they were trying wasnt up to the standards they wanted to give to the fans. Jons solo career has never thrilled me much but I wish them all well whatever they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    What else is new? I remember there being 2 bands called Yes in the late 70s, early 80s.
    Huh? There weren't two Yes bands in the late 70's/early 80's. Anderson and Wakeman left Yes, replaced by the Buggles, and then Howe & Downes left for Asia. Yes reconstituted itself with Rabin, Kaye and Anderson, and Horn in the producer chair. But there weren't two bands calling themselves Yes at the time.

Or do you mean the late 80's, when ABWH (who also did not call themselves Yes) existed separately from Yes (who at that point were Rabin/Kaye/Squire/White)?

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    According to the genius that is Brian Lane, there can only be one Quintessential YES. ;-)
    Exactly. ARW will happen again when Brian Lane says it should.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Exactly. ARW will happen again when Brian Lane says it should.
    The Japanese bonus track of 1000 Hands is "Brian Lane."

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Yeah, I mean, you've basically just left ZZ Top as the only legitimate 70s/80s band out there.
    U2, as well.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Now that I think about it, ARW; YES featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman and Brian Lane certainly have enough material with Anderson and Wakeman on board for half a live music album and half comedy album. Just imagine listening to Wakeman's Proctoligist and colon jokes, and Jon's horse joke, "Why the long face?, over and over again.

Not to be too mean spirited, but no real new produced music with the time involved with this project/ touring schedule just indicates to me that it was not a priority and that Rabin and Wakeman probably had to continue to work on their own projects for a livelihood.