Thread: Be careful what music genre you choose for a bone marrow biopsy

Be careful what music genre you choose for a bone marrow biopsy

I had a bone marrow biopsy this morning. The tech asked me what channel I would like to hear on Pandora. I said Classic Rock or Jazz would be OK. She put it on Classic Rock.
    This procedure is very painful (even with the pre-procedure pain meds) and requires digging into the bone.
    She put on Classic Rock. During the worst part, they were playing Kashmir by Led Zeppelin! There are not many other songs I could think of that could be worse during torture.

Ouch, man! (I mean the procedure, not necessarily the song.) Sorry to ask the dumb question, but is everything okay-ish…?

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out for the better.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    ....❤️ Jubal

Hang in there.....

Ouch... Please hang in there and let us know how you're doing, when you can.

Bone marrow biopsy... I've been on both ends of that needle. I truly hope everything turns out well but, if you need another biopsy, may I recommend PFs "Echoes"?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Bone marrow biopsy... I've been on both ends of that needle. I truly hope everything turns out well but, if you need another biopsy, may I recommend PFs "Echoes"?
    One time I had a mole removed from my ear to "Echoes" ...

Oh Dude! How long did it seem Kashmir lasted?

I can't even imagine. I'm glad it's over and I hope the results are what you hope for! And I hope some day you can listen to Kashmir again! All my best.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I had a bone marrow biopsy this morning. The tech asked me what channel I would like to hear on Pandora. I said Classic Rock or Jazz would be OK. She put it on Classic Rock.
    This procedure is very painful (even with the pre-procedure pain meds) and requires digging into the bone.
    She put on Classic Rock. During the worst part, they were playing Kashmir by Led Zeppelin! There are not many other songs I could think of that could be worse during torture.
    I donated bone marrow back in 1986. I spent the night in the hospital and was sore for a couple of days.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!