Thread: Blue Öyster Cult book out

Blue Öyster Cult book out

A bit of self-promotion here, but hopefully of actual interest to some. My book Blue Öyster Cult - Every Album, Every Song is now out, and features extensive analysis of every song in the BÖC canon. It can be purchased pretty much everywhere, but here's a link to Burning Shed: https://burningshed.com/jacob-holm-l...-m6Ro0.twitter

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just ordered it from Amazon (or their "main" provider of the book). Looking forward to reading it, but it will be a bit of a wait for it to arrive.

I do love this type of book, and have very little knowledge of BOC. I really only know the two big hits, and saw them open for Rush on the Hold Your Fire tour. That's all, so this should be fun to read.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I was turned on to Blue Oyster Cult with the release of their second LP, Tyranny and Mutation, and have been a fan ever since. I look forward to reading your book, Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just ordered it from Amazon (or their "main" provider of the book). Looking forward to reading it, but it will be a bit of a wait for it to arrive.
    Same, along with the ELP and Yes books from the same series.

FYI, Jacob's band Opium Cartel covered the BOC song Then Came the Last Days of May on their second album (Ardor).

Any chance there will be a Kindle version?

My copy arrived today, ordered from Amazon. I think it arrived sooner than they predicted.

It looks pretty cool. I'm not sure exactly when I'll have a chance to read it, but will try to get to it soon. First I have to let the ink odor wear off - it's hot off the press!

Anyway, congrats, Jacob!

We are going need each of you to buy one before we can let you log back into PE.

Seriously though, this is an awesome book. I know it was a labor of love for Jacob and I hope he sells a ton.

I was surprised to see in the list of the publisher's books that Stephen Lambe (AKA Lambsie, I think) wrote a book about the first 5 seasons of Seinfeld! And several others.

I'll check this out.

The only time I saw BOC the Holy Triumvirate was opening for them, promoting something called 2112. BOC's new album was something called Agents of Fortune. Ah, those were the days.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'll check this out.

The only time I saw BOC the Holy Triumvirate was opening for them, promoting something called 2112. BOC's new album was something called Agents of Fortune. Ah, those were the days.
    That is funny, since the only time I saw BOC they were opening for Rush! (Hold Your Fire tour)

I love BÖC so my azz is ordering it!

The first time I saw BOC was in 74 was when Kiss opened for them. I'll be seeing them Sunday in Vacaville, California. Friday night is Nick Mason. Saturday is Brand X. Ha cha!
    Last edited by rapidfirerob; 07-08-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    The first time I saw BOC was in 74 was when Rush opened for them. I'll be seeing them Sunday in Vacaville, California. Friday night is Nick Mason. Saturday is Brand X. Ha cha!
    That is one hell of a weekend!

Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That is one hell of a weekend!
    Sorry, Steve, I meant to say Kiss opened for BOC. Just shoot me now! I ordered the book as punishment.