Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Ravens looks a pretty safe pick versus the Bengals, unfortunately I used them in week 2, might have to go Pats this week.
    I used them in week one, might have to go with underdog Seattle this week. They lost Tony Jefferson for the year and Jackson still can't throw the ball. Unless they are playing the Dolphins every week I'm not sure anymore.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I wouldn't call it "surprising mediocrity" - there's a decent chance none of the 4 teams finishes below .500 this year. Vikes & Bears have some obvious holes (I'll put it this way, Rodgers still rules that division) but I wouldn't be surprised if either makes the playoffs. And the Lions are...somehow pretty decent all the sudden?

I think the NFC North is the strongest top to bottom that it has been in years. Next Monday night's Lions / Packers game is huge for both teams. For the Lions, winning in Green Bay is always a challenge, but at least it is not the middle of winter this year. From what I have seen I think the Lions are significantly improved over last year. Even though they lost the Kansas City game, they hung in there with several of their starters out with injuries. I honestly thought the Chiefs would come in and blow their doors off. Of course with the Lions, if Stafford goes down they are fucked. I don't even know who our backup Quarterback is this year as there has been a revolving door of guys during the offseason and pre-season.

Looks like the Patriots bought the officials for this game. Edelman clearly fumbles the ball and the refs give it back to the Patriots.

I hope that Ningland plays like this when we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I hope that Ningland plays like this when we play them.
    As long as the Stains don't play like they did their last game.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Unconvincing game by the Pats offence bailed out by the D & Special teams. I had tickets but bailed on it as the forecast was for a Nor'Easter all game & the wife decided she really didn't want to go. As usual not a drop of rain all game.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Did not see a single down as it conflicted with a Habs game. In fact, I have not seen a single down of any Pats game all year. All they really this dominant?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Well they've beaten the Dolphins, Steelers, Jets, Bills, Redskins & Giants so it's hardly a murderers row of opponents, the Bills are pretty good and the Giants have improved from their dire start to the season. They've only given up one passing TD and hardly any red zone drives which is impressive whoever the opponent is. They have a run coming up of Ravens - Eagles - Cowboys - Texans - Chiefs, we'll have a much better idea of their real credentials after that.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Gotcha! One of the key aspects of their long-term success has been the futility of the rest of their division....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Props to the Giants D who played their guts out until NE adjusted and just overwhelmed 'em. Giants O had no chance, especially without Barkley, Shepard, Gallman and Engram.

Despite expected rookie mistakes, I think Jones is pretty solid. Only gonna get better. Future is bright?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Hey Vic, I hope I didn't turn you off by my response. You're a great guy and contributor and I love your sense of humor, so please keep on posting.
    You're kidding right? Lol.

So should we try to lose to the Redskins? There's talk of purposely losing to them. If we go 1-15 and they go 0-16 then we have to repeat this nightmare again next year.

I mean, I grew up a 49ers fan. Why am I wasting emotional energy on Miami teams? Porque?

Browns should be comfortably ahead, but bad communication and bad throws have led to turnovers, and it's anybody's game at the half.

Eesh. Moe your Browns being snatched from the jaws of victory.

Ridiculous. Definitely a game they should have won. If this fucking team ever wins a Super Bowl, they're going to have to beat their opponent and the Cosmos/god.

Go Seahawks!
    Ian

There were several abysmal calls by the refs that went against the Browns. They weren't on scoring plays, but they stopped drives. It's been said many times lately, but the NFL has a real officiating crisis. If they don't correct it, they'll lose credibility and fans.

And there was poor in-game coaching. Freddie decided to challenge a call right before a 4th down snap on which Chubb walked into the end zone untouched. Never mind that he should have won the challenge, on the next play which counted, Chubb got stuffed for no gain and the Browns turn it over on downs at the Seattle 1. If he had kept his hanky in his pocket, they would have been in a better position to win. Smh.

There were several abysmal calls by the refs that went against the Browns. They weren't on scoring plays, but they stopped drives. It's been said many times lately, but the NFL has a real officiating crisis. If they don't correct it, they'll lose credibility and fans.
    All the bad, fuck up calls go against us, the bad or marginal teams. But the Cowboys are losing too. ...

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Go Seahawks!
    Go Panthers!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I think the officials are just fucking with the NFL. They don't like teams being able to second guess their calls. The Packers would have never beaten Dallas without horrible officiating, the Chiefs would never have beaten the Ravens without horrible officiating, the Ravens would have never had to go to overtime with the Steelers if not for horrible officiating. Flags were almost non existent in the Ravens game today, yet the Cowboys/Jets game today in just the first half had as many yellow flags as yellow towels at a Steelers game. You can't let the on field officials review their own calls. I'm sure you guys watching your teams and whatever games are broadcast in your area are seeing the same thing I am.

These calls where one player runs into the other player, and the guy who was run into gets flagged are a joke. They better clean this shit up quickly.

These calls where one player runs into the other player, and the guy who was run into gets flagged are a joke. They better clean this shit up quickly.
    The Cowboys didn’t play very well, but there were a few critical calls that would have changed the game. That said, you have to seriously question Garrett/Moore for not kicking that FG in the late 2nd quarter. I was beside myself.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

That's a really bad loss for the Cowboys, what the hell is going on with the Chiefs? Guess the Hawks - 49ers is going to be kinda big.
    Ian

Phillip Rivers sucks!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    the chargers suck!
    fixed that for ya.

Season over in southern CA.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.