Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    What was up with that pass that Dak lobbed to the receiver, and the guy didn't even know Dak was throwing it to him? That's gotta be maddening to you Cowboys fans.

I bet the Dolphins would beat the Cowboys if they played again.......
    the way they are playing currently, I don't doubt it!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That kneeling shit gets to people every time.
    So does quitting.

As a vet of 6yrs in the Navy I couldn't care less who sits, stands, kneels, texts or scratches their crotch during the national anthem (an empty gesture in and of itself).

And let's not be totally revisionist historians for the sake of being a fake internet SJW shall we. When he was first approached, about sitting for a national anthem he had no problem standing for as a starter, (after he'd lost his starting job) he then kneeled after an ex-servicemen convinced him that kneeling would look more respectful (and less pouty) than sitting like a sullen brat.

Dude purposely sabotaged any chance of getting back into the NFL with his latest stunt. And no, that's not a 'cracker' sentiment. Media members and activists alike who have a personal stake in the cause see right through him. He's now a professional martyr. Other than crowing to network cameras about not being on an NFL roster, he has not neccesarily 'lent' himself to the cause, but is available for a sizable fee.

Colin Kaepernick... valid cause, wrong spokesperson.

I think you're spot on there Todd
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    +1
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Agreed
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    So does quitting.

As a vet of 6yrs in the Navy I couldn't care less who sits, stands, kneels, texts or scratches their crotch during the national anthem (an empty gesture in and of itself).

And let's not be totally revisionist historians for the sake of being a fake internet SJW shall we. When he was first approached, about sitting for a national anthem he had no problem standing for as a starter, (after he'd lost his starting job) he then kneeled after an ex-servicemen convinced him that kneeling would look more respectful (and less pouty) than sitting like a sullen brat.

Dude purposely sabotaged any chance of getting back into the NFL with his latest stunt. And no, that's not a 'cracker' sentiment. Media members and activists alike who have a personal stake in the cause see right through him. He's now a professional martyr. Other than crowing to network cameras about not being on an NFL roster, he has not neccesarily 'lent' himself to the cause, but is available for a sizable fee.

Thank you for your service . However, I have vets in my family and know several others young and old who found the kneeling disrespectful...not outrageous, just disrespectful. Who's right and who's wrong?! But yeah, the cause is what it is and he's definitely the wrong spokesperson.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Thank you for your service . However, I have vets in my family and know several others young and old who found the kneeling disrespectful...not outrageous, just disrespectful. Who's right and who's wrong?! But yeah, the cause is what it is and he's definitely the wrong spokesperson.
    Without getting too political, I think it's time we revisit the concept of patriotic displays at private sporting events.

While I won't discuss my feelings about the controversy (which is now very old and tired btw), I would say that Kaepernick is irreparably "damaged". Once a person or idea becomes politicized to the point of being used as a symbol or trigger for either point of view, the message behind it is usually lost and all that's left is the disagreement.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Without getting too political, I think it's time we revisit the concept of patriotic displays at private sporting events.

While I won't discuss my feelings about the controversy (which is now very old and tired btw), I would say that Kaepernick is irreparably "damaged". Once a person or idea becomes politicized to the point of being used as a symbol or trigger for either point of view, the message behind it is usually lost and all that's left is the disagreement.
    Exactly. Plenty of players who knelt still play for NFL teams, provided they've earned a spot on a roster. The kneeling never bothered me because I have a natural aversion to public professions and proclamations of faith, patriotism and affection. Yes, there is a place and time for everything but so much of it is self-serving at best and attention whoring at worst.

Most networks did't even broadcast the pre-game anthem and I usually skipped it when they did. So did everyone else until it came time to take inventory of who was doing what. But, that's all history. So is Kaepernick - and the guy someone wanted Kap to replace will probably wind up MVP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MindFur View Post
    Here is the full quote by the commentator: “He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson, but when you consider his dark skin with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing,” Ryan said on air, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. “I mean you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point, and if you’re a half step slow on him in terms of your vision, forget about it, he’s out of the gate.”

From an article about what Richard Sherman said in response: Sherman, one of the most outspoken players of the league, said Thursday he wasn’t as mad as everyone else was and that the analyst had “valid” points but could have chosen his words differently.

“I know Tim personally, and I listened to the dialogue and saw it written, and honestly I wasn’t as outraged as everybody else,” Sherman told reporters. “I understand how it can be taken under a certain context and be offensive to some. But if you're saying, this is a brown ball, they're wearing dark colors and he has a brown arm, honestly, sometimes we were having trouble seeing it on film."
    There is no reason or proof to claim that Lamar’s successful handoffs (or non-handoffs) occur mostly because he is dark. To claim so, or rationalize statements as such are inaccurate. However the context suggests an announcer and football player kissing the a@@ of the fans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post

I disagree. The Kapisode was a major distraction to the game. We don’t need to discuss this any more. Let it be, let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I disagree. The Kapisode was a major distraction to the game. We don’t need to discuss this any more. Let it be, let it be.
    You're right and for the most part we all had left it behind (well, almost all of us). Someone keeps being bringing him up because he wants to look 'woke' (or whatever) and I'd had enough. Shame on me. I guess Shadow hooks everyone eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    So does quitting.

I too served in the Navy, FOR people's right to kneel, even when it's unpopular. The true test of free speech is when it's UNpopular. I would extend the right to free speech to both Colin Kaepernick's kneeling, and Ward Connerly speaking on college campuses.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

You should watch 49ers v. Saints what a cool game

Didn't see that Denver game going this way.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

We might not winnit but we're innit.

Christ we've scored 21 points on field goals......

It wasn't pretty and Jackson's throws are getting a little more inconsistent but it was a win.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    It wasn't pretty and Jackson's throws are getting a little more inconsistent but it was a win.
    I wouldn’t say his throws are getting more inconsistent, but he made some very tough throws under excellent defensive pressure. The most negative performance was his running which suffered from pressure. Buffalo has a great defense, but their offense was not good. The Refs suck, PI calls inconsistency continues. PI should never be called if there was no chance for any reception of the ball.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I too served in the Navy, FOR people's right to kneel, even when it's unpopular. The true test of free speech is when it's UNpopular. I would extend the right to free speech to both Colin Kaepernick's kneeling, and Ward Connerly speaking on college campuses.
    You were in the military. I would not say that a military member has free speech in general. Neither anybody else who has a job that rightfully limits expression. Want to really be free, get rich and financially independent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    You should watch 49ers v. Saints what a cool game
    That was a fun game to watch!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Bonkers
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That was a fun game to watch!
    It was and only two points short of a top 10 alltime scoring game.

How about this Tannihill kid?

Patriots getting hosed by the refs, first down for the Chiefs where the spot was a yard off, whistle blown on a fumble that could have been run back and a TD not given for a foot out of bounds that wasn't.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Patriots getting hosed by the refs
    Impossible
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence