Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    I was just saying that to someone here at work. And he used the "lightning in a bottle" line.
    nice!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    It depends on if he develops the ability to take a hit without really taking a hit, ala Russell Wilson or get beat up like Newton or RGIII or even Steve Young from way back.

Even Wilson has lost a step from his rookie year, but he developed beyond a running QB; he's a QB who runs occasionally now, not every other play.
    Valid point, but I don't see him as smart or savvy as Wilson. He may prove me wrong. Right now the Ravens offense is ahead of the curve with him at QB and if they don't hoist a Lombardi in the next two years, their chances of doing so with him at starting QB will drop off significantly, imo...

And for another cliche....Lamar needs to "strike while the iron is hot."

I could see the Cowboys winning tomorrow because of the intangibles:

Desperation, they're at home, Turkey Day.

I'm kinda rooting for the Bill's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Valid point, but I don't see him as smart or savvy as Wilson. He may prove me wrong. Right now the Ravens offense is ahead of the curve with him at QB and if they don't hoist a Lombardi in the next two years, their chances of doing so with him at starting QB will drop off significantly, imo...
    I think he's pretty smart. If you watch him he reads the defense as well as any quarterback out there now. He worked really hard in the off season to perfect his passing. He was still rusty in the first couple games but has settled down quite a bit. The team has been restructured to utilize his abilities with three tight ends and a 300 pound Patrick Ricard. They don't have a 2000 yard rusher or a #1 receiver but their skill sets get the job done. On any other team I don't think he would have done as well, even with a pro bowl rusher and receiver.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I pretty much agree with all of that. Am I about to believe any Raven misstep is a referee / NFL conspiracy?
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of that. Am I about to believe any Raven misstep is a referee / NFL conspiracy?
    Hasn't it always?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

OMG…..the Lions will be starting a 3rd string undrafted quarterback who has never taken an NFL snap on Thanksgiving. The holiday humiliation will be even worse than normal: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/11/...nksgiving.html

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    OMG…..the Lions will be starting a 3rd string undrafted quarterback who has never taken an NFL snap on Thanksgiving. The holiday humiliation will be even worse than normal: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/11/...nksgiving.html
    As if I need another reason to sleep in tomorrow.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think he's pretty smart. If you watch him he reads the defense as well as any quarterback out there now. He worked really hard in the off season to perfect his passing. He was still rusty in the first couple games but has settled down quite a bit. The team has been restructured to utilize his abilities with three tight ends and a 300 pound Patrick Ricard. They don't have a 2000 yard rusher or a #1 receiver but their skill sets get the job done. On any other team I don't think he would have done as well, even with a pro bowl rusher and receiver.
    watching some of his throws this season has me believing he can tone down the rushing yards as he progresses in his career. The guy can throw... and throw long too
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Agreed, which is why they need to win in the next couple of years. I don't see him being a 10-year starter in Baltimore or elsewhere. May he prove me wrong.

How 'bout this Blough kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    How 'bout this Blough kid?
    I am liking it up here in Michigan. I was afraid this game would be a blow out, but the Lions are hanging in there. Blough was a quarterback at Purdue, but had never played an NFL game before today.

had never played an NFL game before today.
    True. He's playing pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Agreed, which is why they need to win in the next couple of years. I don't see him being a 10-year starter in Baltimore or elsewhere. May he prove me wrong.
    He may turn out like Drew Brees with legs.

Lions blew it. Instead of going for it 4th and 2 a few yards from the endzone they settle for 3.

What's up with Hauschka, these hands to the face penalties are bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Blough was a quarterback at Purdue, but had never played an NFL game before today.
    The Browns had him in training camp/preseason, and he did well, there just wasn't a spot on the roster for him. Iirc, the Lions liked what they saw when the Browns played the Lions in preseason, and traded a draft pick for him.

Looks like Garrett's goose is cooked.

Officials are trying to save Garrett's job.

Looks like Garrett's goose is cooked.
    I’m telling you, the wrong Garrett was suspended.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Officials are trying to save Garrett's job.
    You ain't kidding. There was a horrible unnecessary roughness call on the Bills when Dak put his head down and barreled through to get a first down. Terrible call.

There's no turkey like a Dallas Cowboys turkey!

You ain't kidding. There was a horrible unnecessary roughness call on the Bills when Dak put his head down and barreled through to get a first down. Terrible call.
    That spot at the two minute mark was just as appalling.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn the Cowboys are baaaaad.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.