Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    They're only one game worse than the Cowboys
    8-8 is the "Garrett special". It's fitting he ends his career where it started.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The eons are closing
    They're only one game worse than the Cowboys
    And the Jets season was a success coz they beat the Cowboys.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Cowboys had the 3rd best point differential in the NFC

anyway my "AFC East will be competitive" comment wasn't really hinging on the Jets, I agree their 7-9 record makes the season look less like a dumpster fire than it actually was (while we're at it, the final game vs. Buffalo ain't worth much since Buffalo had nothing to play for), but the Bills actually look legitimately good and Miami does seem to be building something. meanwhile the Pats seem to be at a dead end here but knowing them they'll probably win the Super Bowl again
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seattle has played like crap in the first half of nearly every game but they looked particularly flat the last 3 or 4 games. Yeah, maybe they should have called the PI in the end-zone but then again Wilson could have been called for being across the line of scrimmage on their last touchdown and the unnecessary roughness call on SF's last drive was pretty flimsy.

I think Pete Carroll has done a great job the last two years but it's like he keeps getting caught watching the game and gets caught up in the moment instead of making sure they're ready for the next play. It happened in SB-49. It happens two or three times a season. It happened last night. They had 8 opportunities inside the 10yd line. They blew it.

yeah and the TD was there on like 5 different plays

apparently adding to the dumpster fire at the end of the game is the fact that Lynch was not supposed to come in for the 2-minute drill at all, he didn't even have his equipment on
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    meanwhile the Pats seem to be at a dead end here but knowing them they'll probably win the Super Bowl again
    I think Father Time is pounding his sickle loudly on the Patriots' door. In fact, I think they're one and done.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Well Father Time has been pounding for a while but Brady has been ignoring him.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well Father Time has been pounding for a while but Brady has been ignoring him.
    Have you been watching Brady this year? How short the field is for him now? Father Time has his sickle drawn back and is about to lop off his head. It's already happened to Rivers. Next year, Ben. Brees is the only geezer QB who hasn't been cut down...yet.

Well no surprise to learn that Pat Shurmer is gone. Gettleman should be gone as well, but looks like that's not happenin'.

Carry on...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Have you been watching Brady this year? How short the field is for him now? Father Time has his sickle drawn back and is about to lop off his head. It's already happened to Rivers. Next year, Ben. Brees is the only geezer QB who hasn't been cut down...yet.
    I was referring to previous years, people have been declaring him past it every year for the last decade.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

TB12 fan here... but his skill set is noticeably diminished this year
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Oh I agree, but I won't bet against him until they are officially out, 3-28.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    TB12 fan here... but his skill set is noticeably diminished this year
    There's obviously been much ballyhooing about this on Boston sports radio today. I think there are a few possibilities.

The first, and most likely, is that Brady is hurt. Yes, he's denying it, but when in the past has he come out with that giant ice pack on his arm? Never. I think he's hurt. The other big factor is the talent around him, which was diminished this year for a variety of reasons (injuries to O-line, no Gronk, injuries to receivers and injuries to fullbacks and tight ends diminishing the running game). I'm not trying to make excuses for Brady, but I don't think the whole issue with the Pats offense this year can be laid at his feet. I personally believe with him being healthy and getting a better supporting cast, he could be every bit as good as he has been over the past three seasons for at least another year or two. That said, he's been more of a game manager over the past three seasons, and his downfield ability definitely is not what it once was.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Most people think he's gone at the end of this year, either to retirement or another team. I'm not so sure, but I won't be brokenhearted if he does go because the Pats do need to re-tool and there seems to be a broadening rift between Brady and Belichick. All good things end, and NE fans can hardly complain about being the one of the, if not the greatest NFL franchises ever.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I'm amazed how little coverage this got.
    Well, Charlotte isn’t exactly a national news hotbed (until this summer ... ), and it doesn’t help that the team sucks.

I’ll throw this in, too: breaking and setting records are de rigueur in modern sports. Brees has thrown more TDs than any other QB. But that story is far less interested than who will coach the Cowboys or what Antonio Brown tweeted today. An athlete excelling at his craft? Entirely plausible and expected. Boring. But a social media shitstorm? Heck, that’s entertainment!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Seattle has played like crap in the first half of nearly every game but they looked particularly flat the last 3 or 4 games. Yeah, maybe they should have called the PI in the end-zone but then again Wilson could have been called for being across the line of scrimmage on their last touchdown
    I thought that too but the commentator said as long as any part of the QB’s body is behind the LOS it’s legal. I did not know that. Apparently Russell did!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I thought that too but the commentator said as long as any part of the QB’s body is behind the LOS it’s legal. I did not know that. Apparently Russell did!
    That's the rule.
    Ian

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The teams with the top five quarterbacks with the most passing yards didn't make the playoffs, has that ever happened before.

1. Winston, Bucs: 5,109.

2. Prescott, Cowboys: 4,902.

3. Goff, Rams: 4,638.

4. Philip Rivers, Chargers: 4,615.

5. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 4,466.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Doesn't surprise me, chasing too many games they are behind in, too many risks of INTs.
    Ian

Doesn't surprise me, chasing too many games they are behind in, too many risks of INTs.
    The only team the Ravens played were the Rams and Goff only passed for 212 yards, and they only scored two field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The teams with the top five quarterbacks with the most passing yards didn't make the playoffs, has that ever happened before.

1. Winston, Bucs: 5,109.

2. Prescott, Cowboys: 4,902.

3. Goff, Rams: 4,638.

4. Philip Rivers, Chargers: 4,615.

5. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 4,466.
    The top 6 on interceptions:-

Winston - 30
    Mayfield - 21
    Rivers - 20
    Allen - 16
    Goff - 16
    Ryan - 14

See any similarity?
    Ian

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Jerrah Jones needs some grief counseling apparently, trying to part ways with Ginger.

"All we'll ever have is this mountain"

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Jerrah Jones needs some grief counseling apparently, trying to part ways with Ginger.

"All we'll ever have is this mountain"
    He's not gonna fire him, he's just not gonna resign him.

The top 6 on interceptions:-

Winston - 30
    Mayfield - 21
    Rivers - 20
    Allen - 16
    Goff - 16
    Ryan - 14

See any similarity?
    Sam Darnit didn't make that list? Wow.

I think he had the same as Ryan
    Ian