Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

King Crimson 30
    Satoko Fujii 24
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Yeeeeeessssss.

Potentially a key call on the Kittle Hoose for OPI.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Fairly evenly played game so far, but you could feel SF finding a higher gear at the end of the half

Chefs needed some points. Don't know if the INT was a back breaker this early, but it could be.

I've been yelling at the TV for KC to blitz. Every time they do Garopollo hurries his throws. When the Seahawks beat SF their first meeting they blitzed him. The second time they didn't and lost.

Chefs!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Chefs!
    Are Champs
    One personís noise is anotherís signal.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Great 4th quarter by Chiefs. Garroppolo doesn't look that good a QB.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

4th quarter saved what was previously kinda boring. Congrats Chefs!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Congrats to Andy Reid and what a stud fourth quarter from the Mahomes kid!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Great game. 3 unanswered touchdowns after being down 20-10. Didn't see that coming.
    Another Super Bowl without a clear MVP. A lot of great players don't play their best in the big game. Entertaining nonetheless.

If you've watched the chiefs all year, you'd have seen this coming..great result..not a great game and an incredibly lame half time show.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Another officiating disaster. Forty Niners got screwed all night long.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

49ers choked. Garroppolo is not as advertised, looked very average to me. Officiating was horrible. Both teams got hosed at times, 49ers took the worst of it, but that wasn't why they lost.

All that said, congratulations Chiefs. I had nothing against either of these teams. It wasn't nearly as good a game as I'd hoped, but it was exciting toward the end. Halftime was an atrocity.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    49ers took the worst of it, but that wasn't why they lost.
    Bill
    There was a helmet to helmet to Garroppolo's head on a third down when 49ers were up by ten. That non call decided the game. Offensive pass interference, really. The clock runs out and they don't call it. I didn't give a shit who won but at least call a fair game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Congrats Chiefs.

2021 SuperBowl Odds

Definitely another game corrupted by bad calls. However, KC showed in this game and the last few games that they can do what is needed to win.

I'm not buying the OPI was a bad call, he clearly pushed off. The 49ers only have themselves to blame. You're up by ten with 7 minutes to go and supposedly the best D in the league. Close out the game. The ref's are going to miss plays every game. At least there was nothing as egregious as the Saints pass interference that caused the rule change.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm not buying the OPI was a bad call, he clearly pushed off. The 49ers only have themselves to blame. You're up by ten with 7 minutes to go and supposedly the best D in the league. Close out the game. The ref's are going to miss plays every game. At least there was nothing as egregious as the Saints pass interference that caused the rule change.
    ^^^ This. It gets really fucking old to blame the refs every damn week.

Congrats to the Chiefs, and to both teams for making it an enjoyable game (and finish) to watch. Kudos also to Andy Reid for finally putting those demons to bed.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    There was a helmet to helmet to Garroppolo's head on a third down when 49ers were up by ten. That non call decided the game. Offensive pass interference, really. The clock runs out and they don't call it. I didn't give a shit who won but at least call a fair game.
    The announcers didn't even notice any blatant helmet to helmet. They did suspect the OPI called on Kittle. Most receivers get away with pushing off so I was surprised it was called. As for the missed delay of game, the 49ers didn't deserve to benefit from their own penalty for pissake.

KC's go ahead TD was a bad call but I think they get it the next play. The 49ers lost because Garopollo couldn't handle pressure up the middle. Every game the 49ers lost this year it was because defenses started blitzing him. I don't know SF didn't run the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The announcers didn't even notice any blatant helmet to helmet. They did suspect the OPI called on Kittle. Most receivers get away with pushing off so I was surprised it was called. As for the missed delay of game, the 49ers didn't deserve to benefit from their own penalty for pissake.

KC's go ahead TD was a bad call but I think they get it the next play. The 49ers lost because Garopollo couldn't handle pressure up the middle. Every game the 49ers lost this year it was because defenses started blitzing him. I don't know SF didn't run the ball more.
    This is it in a nutshell, when the 49'ers needed their QB to perform he didn't.
    Ian

I watched with the sound muted and dozed off during halftime. I woke up and the score was 20-10 and Mahomes threw a pick. Went beddy bye and heard it on the radio. Screw me......

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I watched with the sound muted and dozed off during halftime. I woke up and the score was 20-10 and Mahomes threw a pick. Went beddy bye and heard it on the radio. Screw me......
    Hasnít that been story for multiple from behind wins by KC?