Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    We'll see. One win over a surprisingly terrible Broncos team doesn't do much to impress me. I do agree that AB was going to be a problem for them, and that they're better off without him, but that's a far cry from saying they'll have a good season.

Bill
    I agree but I do think they will be better than the 4-12 of last year.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Ay, Marone! Each day can be written as a chapter in this graphic novel known as Antonio Brown...

-------

ANTONIO BROWN ACCUSED OF RAPING FORMER TRAINER ... Lawsuit Filed

The woman behind the lawsuit, who identifies herself as Britney Taylor, says she was hired by Brown as a personal trainer. Taylor claims the first incident happened in June 2017 during a training session

5:53 PM PT -- Brown's attorney, Darren Heitner, has issued a statement adamantly denying the allegations -- and claiming she only filed the suit to punish him for refusing to invest with her in a "business project" back in 2017.

Brown admits there was a "consensual personal relationship" between the two -- acknowledging the accuser came to his home on multiple occasions ... including a late night visit just 10 days after the alleged 2018 rape.

Brown also claims in Winter 2018 she hit up Brown to ask for tickets to Steelers football game -- and has continued to post pics with AB on her social media to benefit from the association with him.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Here in the Phoenix area, far more people are from elsewhere than here. They bring with them their loyalties to their former hometown teams. We see swag from every other team imaginable here. Given that, the photo may indeed be from the Greater Phoenix Area.
    There definitely appeared to be a lot of Lions fans in the crowd on Sunday. Florida is similar. I went to a Red Wings game in Tampa once and it was almost like being at a home game. I would say about 50% of the crowed were Red Wings fans.

The Patriots and NFL will bury Brown's indiscretions just like they did with Kraft's.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just scored two free tickets for the Pat's - Giants Thursday night game in a couple of weeks! Sweet!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Petara Cordero, the girlfriend of Cleveland Browns defensive end Chris Smith, was killed Wednesday morning on a highway in Cleveland, the team announced.

Smith had pulled over after his vehicle, a 2019 Lamborghini in which Cordero was a passenger, had a tire malfunction and hit the median, according to the team.

Cordero exited the vehicle and was standing on the road's shoulder when a car driven by a 47-year-old woman smashed into the passenger side of Smith's car.

According to a Cleveland police report provided by the Browns, Cordero was transported to Fairview Hospital and pronounced dead.

Police said the other driver admitted to drinking. No charges have been filed and toxicology reports are pending.

I so very much dislike AB. His antics are so out of line it really has gotten to ridiculous standards. Screw him and his BS. Boot him out of the league please.

Anyway, my sorry no account Bucs play tonight and will lose by 30 or so. Winston is a moron and morons will always be morons. A wasted overall #1 pick on a guy who thinks he can eat wins.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The circus sideshows in the NFL are beyond tiresome. Only a matter of days until the next one...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Anyway, my sorry no account Bucs play tonight and will lose by 30 or so. Winston is a moron and morons will always be morons. A wasted overall #1 pick on a guy who thinks he can eat wins.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Cam Newton's shoulder obviously hasn't healed thoroughly

I cant believe McCaffrey couldnt punch that in
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I cant believe McCaffrey couldnt punch that in
    All he had to do was drop his shoulder.

Meet my new avatard (that's not a typo). It's a tank in place of the dolphin. We are a clusterfuck. A hot mess. And I'm still rooting for them....

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Cam Newton's shoulder obviously hasn't healed thoroughly
    It doesn’t help that his left tackle made that Bucs edge rusher look like LT. I think his shoulder is good, but I’m not sure about his head. The complete lack of a preseason doesn’t help, either.

I know that sounds like excuses. The team has the talent to win, but this team has a goat rodeo feel after losing the last nine games Newton has started. Expect Riveria hot seat rumors after another bad loss.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I think there a bunch of QB's who should have had a few preseason series to knock the rust off.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I overheard a great analogy for the Seahawks offense: they're the kid who knows he has a big test in a week, ignores it, then stays up the night before cramming for it (referring to Seattle's now notorious slow starts to games).

The Cardboard Cutouts have held the Pats to 7 points in the first half. That's sort of a win.....

Yeah, I know it's early, but did anyone (I damn well didn't) think that the Cheeseheads would be up on the Viqueens 21-0 before a minute had elapsed in the 2nd quarter?

EDIT: Dalvin Cook just ran 85 yards from scrimmage for a MN TD 21-7.

Yeah, I know it's early.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

The Pats should just take Brady out of the game. Why risk anything.

^Tom Brady still gets hit? Hasn’t the league agreed that any shot on the Golden Boy is an immediate suspension?

With no Panthers football today, I’ve had my hands full scrolling through Newton’s Twittergram in search of some awesome fashion to compliment my about as accurate as Cam Newton shoulder, but did I just see that Dak is 26/30?

Go True Blue, indeed. Jaysus.

For the love of God, can any receiver on the Cutouts catch one ball?

What's the point of reviewing pass interference if the referees are too big a pussy to change their bad call.

Looks like Seattle couldn't stand winning convincingly and let Pittsburgh back into the game.