Page 20 of 91 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

OK admittedly I haven't really watched it much lately because I dont have cable -- I just have an antenna + netflix and amazon prime. So I don't get to watch all the games, just whats on broadcast TV, and sometimes the stations don't always come in that well either. :/
    But I'm watching the Niners/Broncos MNF preseason, and yeah I know its just preseason, but man MNF just feels like a shell of what it once was when I was growing up. It was a huge, huge deal. It was *the* main event on TV from September - December. Every game was a must see, even if the matchup wasn't so great, because as the lights shine brighter, the greater things that can happen.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I don't have cable either, just a digital antenna. So, if it's not on free TV, I can't watch it. The only MNF games I get to see are Dolphins games. No interest in watching live NFL/NCAA on a smart phone either.

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    OK admittedly I haven't really watched it much lately because I dont have cable -- I just have an antenna + netflix and amazon prime. So I don't get to watch all the games, just whats on broadcast TV, and sometimes the stations don't always come in that well either. :/
    But I'm watching the Niners/Broncos MNF preseason, and yeah I know its just preseason, but man MNF just feels like a shell of what it once was when I was growing up. It was a huge, huge deal. It was *the* main event on TV from September - December. Every game was a must see, even if the matchup wasn't so great, because as the lights shine brighter, the greater things that can happen.
    Agreed. It's as if they keep trying to maintain a certain level but with a more limited budget every year. The pre-game has been toned down, they're only 2 in the booth, and there's an overall diminished quality of broadcast.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm getting into the digital antenna game here in the next 2 weeks. I have most (all?) of what I need, just need to set it up. I'll still be watching Firestick (Prime and the Apps,) so that won't change.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yeah, I cut cable to basic a few weeks ago, I'm using a Amazon firestick to access Hulu Live (for the sports), Netflix & Amazon Prime. Only add on so far to that is HBO though I may add others if there are specific shows I want to watch.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

My satellite provider will not have Sunday Ticket this year so I will watch whatever I can get. Between both the US Nets and the Canadian channel that broadcasts the NFL, given I have feeds in different time zones, I can usually get a lot of games to choose from. Won't see my team every week but I should catch a fair share.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Hey all, I renewed the pick’em and Survival leagues for this year. Anyone from last year was re-invited. Here is the group information for anyone new who wants to join:

Pick’em
    https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...ster/joingroup

Group ID#: 18917
    Group Password: marillion

Survival
    https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...nprivategroup/

Group ID: 12311
    Group Password: oingoboingo

The Survival group won’t let me invite people from last year so you’ll have to join manually.
    sweet. I"m in to be the first eliminated again.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Since I have several friends north of the border (some even bi-lingual), I will not say anything overtly disparaging, but.....

In all the time they have known that there would be an NFL game in Winnipeg's Blue Bomber stadium, they couldn't figure out how to modify the field width and length?? The Packers & Raiders are playing on an 80 yard field, with the pile-ons at the 10 and the CFL end zone!

Mon Dieu! WTF!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

^^^^^^^

As a result of the above, both teams are playing only a few starters. No Rodgers again for the 3rd time.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Watching the Pat's preseason game against Panthers and the halftime bit is a special on Kraft taking a group of players and families to Israel, or as they say the holy land, cos Kraft is all about Faith & Family. Seriously? Gimme a break!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Watching the Pat's preseason game against Panthers and the halftime bit is a special on Kraft taking a group of players and families to Israel, or as they say the holy land, cos Kraft is all about Faith & Family.
    Who doesn't love a happy ending?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Who doesn't love a happy ending?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

If the Ravens had a quarterback who could throw the ball they would have one of the most prolific offenses we've seen in a long time.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

If we had a running back that averaged 10 yards a run we'd have a great running game.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post

Since I have several friends north of the border (some even bi-lingual), I will not say anything overtly disparaging, but.....

In all the time they have known that there would be an NFL game in Winnipeg's Blue Bomber stadium, they couldn't figure out how to modify the field width and length?? The Packers & Raiders are playing on an 80 yard field, with the pile-ons at the 10 and the CFL end zone!

Mon Dieu! WTF!
    It was a little weird for sure. It had to do with removing the goal posts. I don't think they expected such divots to be created. Don't forget that the CFL season is in full swing so that stadium is in use already. Poor turn out too..it's as if the people of Winnipeg knew there would be no regular starters... Personally, I would have had them play on a CFL sized field. Longer, wider, with 20 yard end zones. I think the issue with that was that the goal post is on the line and NFLers are not used to that and someone might have gotten hurt.

Glad I did not fly all the way out there for THAT!

The scuttlebut in Miami is that Josh Rosen should be the starter. I am concerned that he's a young kid, and kinda skinny. If they don't fix the O line problem the kid is gonna get the snot knocked out of him and he'll be DFTS (Done for the season). I say play the kid sporadically. Let Fitzpatrick play and get his old ass kicked, and save Rosen for next season.
    Last edited by Vic2012; 08-23-2019 at 07:02 PM.

^ They need to find out if he's a franchise QB. They have to play him. If he's not a franchise QB, then they have to find him at the top of next year's draft.

For a team projected to make the playoffs and maybe win the division the Browns aren't showing very much tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ They need to find out if he's a franchise QB. They have to play him.
    Of course they'll play him. I just hope he doesn't get the snot knocked outta him.

For those in the Prog FFL the draft is tomorrow
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'll try and get myself organized.
    Ian

Per Adam Schefter, Colts QB Andrew Luck is retiring. Mentally worn out.

Wtf?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Per Adam Schefter, Colts QB Andrew Luck is retiring. Mentally worn out.

Wtf?
    WOW

Wtf indeed. There goes the Colts. There goes some intrigue from the AFC.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Damn.
    Ian