Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

We may be in for losing-record teams that squeak into the playoffs on a whim but get blown out later. Too much lopsided potential this way.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yeah...what an assbag of a deal here. I guess I could get behind a regular season expansion (but to 18 games, not 17 which makes no damn sense), but I don't think it's necessary. Messing with the playoffs however is pretty egregious. Not only is this an issue that no one is discussing as a problem, I certainly don't need to watch average at best teams squeak into the playoffs just to (more likely than not) get blown out. This reeks of the NFL getting too greedy for it's own good.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

^ Dude, the league is run by billionaires. What do you expect?
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Heard a sports talk radio host say in reference to the expansion of 17 games, extra wild card teams.....

Pigs become big fat hogs, hogs get slaughtered.

I personally don't mind an extra regular season game but not more layers of playoffs.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    There's a major caveat on the extra game where it pays a maximum of $250M even if a 1/17th of your salary is more than that. Apparently affects 25% of the players, anyone earning more than $4MM a year. No way they sign up for that.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

In his first year as the Baltimore Ravens' starting left guard, Bradley Bozeman held his own against the likes of Chris Jones and Cameron Heyward.

But his most memorable feat: taking down a 72-ounce steak.

Earlier this week, Bozeman crushed a legendary eating challenge in Texas, devouring a 4.5-pound steak, shrimp cocktail, baked potato, salad and butter roll in 50 minutes.

"I knew it was going to be tough, but I didn't think it was going to be that tough," said Bozeman, a 6-foot-4, 317-pound lineman. "The last bite was rough. It was really rough."

Bozeman actually finished the challenge in 48 minutes and 8 seconds.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!