Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

the combines are nearing
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Yes!!! Looking forward to this season more than the last.

Is baseball season over yet???? Sheeesh! Haven't hit their opening day and I'm already bored of this season.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cautiously optimistic for the Seahawks season. Pat's should provide plenty of material for everyone who hates them as usual.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Johnny Manziel has been cut by the Montreal Alouettes and BANNED from the entire Canadian Football League after league officials say the 26-year-old violated the terms of his CFL contract.
    Any takers?

good ol Jonny football
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Hoping the bolts can ride the momentum from last year for another strong year. Could they have finally found a reliable kicker?

Hoping the draft brings them much oline/interior d-line/linebacker help.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Well, the word down here is TANK. I heard Foles is out there wantin' to lead a team. I'd be happy if we at least pretended to try and get him down here. We'll see. Let's see where the new coach takes us. Another year a wash. Why do I care?

to continue this comedy...

Manziel's statement:

"I want to thank Coach Sherman, my teammates, and the CFL fans. My time there reestablished my love for the game of football and the work that goes into it. I look forward to exploring new options within the United States."

BWAAAAAHAHAHA

Week 6 of the 2019 NFL Season: Dak Prescott drops back to pass and is sandwiched between 2 pass rushers. He is injured and has to leave the game. Post-game x-rays reveal that he has a fractured leg. The media begin to speculate that the Cowboys season is over for all practical purposes...Until...

"Adam Schefter is reporting that Jerry Jones has just signed Johnny Manziel to an NFL contract. Details are not known, but Texas' native son has come home to save the Cowboys! More details as they come in, Curt."

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Any takers?
    It was never stated what the terms that he violated were... Neither the league or the team has shed any light on that. Montreal traded away a couple of first rounders to get him, now we have no QB...again... Not sure how long this franchise will survive in this city. We have had teams leave here twice in the past. I thought this time we had a solid enough fan base to survive but the Als can't give tickets away these days. It's a league where 6 of 9 teams make the playoffs, and the Als have not made it in 3 consecutive seasons.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The Cowboys have signed Jason Witten to a $5M contract.

Everyone here wins, except for LP.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^ He must have read his broadcasting reviews.

I guess Sean will hafta change his moniker in the pickem league!

Witten is a leader and can do nothing but help the team

The eons are closing
    Stuck with another year of Kirk 'Captain CapSpace" Cousins.....

Makes me long for the daze of Tavaris....and the brief light that was Teddy....
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It was never stated what the terms that he violated were... Neither the league or the team has shed any light on that. Montreal traded away a couple of first rounders to get him, now we have no QB...again... Not sure how long this franchise will survive in this city. We have had teams leave here twice in the past. I thought this time we had a solid enough fan base to survive but the Als can't give tickets away these days. It's a league where 6 of 9 teams make the playoffs, and the Als have not made it in 3 consecutive seasons.
    They deserve all the misfortune they are getting being they wanted to be in that circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    They deserve all the misfortune they are getting being they wanted to be in that circus.
    They were just looking for a QB. Manziel's skill set should have made him one of the better QBs in the CFL. We still don't know what this violation was, so I will refrain from judging him or the team. They thought they had a long-term answer at the position. The team is in total dissarray though. I am surprised the GM has kept his job, but I don't see a line-up of candidates to replace him.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    They were just looking for a QB. Manziel's skill set should have made him one of the better QBs in the CFL. We still don't know what this violation was, so I will refrain from judging him or the team. They thought they had a long-term answer at the position. The team is in total dissarray though. I am surprised the GM has kept his job, but I don't see a line-up of candidates to replace him.
    While that is true, I can't see what universe his skills are worth multiple first round picks. Take a flyer on him? Ok, fine I guess. Invite him to work out? Sure. But to give up that much for someone's who isn't great at playing football is pretty dumb (regardless of whatever this incident was).

The Patriots actually had one person with character, who would have known.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ndal/23681333/
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^^^
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Well, I'd think this guy Easterby would stay on in order to be a source of stability through all this rather than just quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Well, I'd think this guy Easterby would stay on in order to be a source of stability through all this rather than just quitting.
    He saw what has happened to people who stayed too long with Donald Trump. He didn't want to be the next headline.

That's one way to thin out your running back poole:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ug-gun-charges
    Last edited by Shadow; 03-06-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Ravens release Weddle after three years save over 7 mil on cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Ravens release Weddle after three years save over 7 mil on cap space, and tip their hand regarding draft plans.
    In one of the rounds, anyway.