Page 60 of 91 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    ...and the Giants will lose 53-35.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

What an anti climatic game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What an anti climatic game.
    I'm shocked that either team was able to score in a 10 minute overtime. I figured it would take 45 minutes of Sudden Death. (The audience's death, that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm shocked that either team was able to score in a 10 minute overtime. I figured it would take 45 minutes of Sudden Death. (The audience's death, that is.)
    They need to change the overtime rule. The team that scores to tie the game should have to kick off to the other team. The Giants had the lead the whole game then you give the other team back to back chances to win.

They need to change the overtime rule. The team that scores to tie the game should have to kick off to the other team. The Giants had the lead the whole game then you give the other team back to back chances to win.
    They didn't GIVE them back to back chances. That's how it goes. Eliminate the coin toss?

Eli leading a 2-10 team down the field to crush a divisional opponent's playoff chances would've been too funny, I'm almost upset we didn't get to see it

I guess old habits are hard to break.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-feature-shoot
    hard to blame the Pats here, the Bengals offense has been notoriously difficult to figure out this year
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Even the Bengals can't figure it out. I'm glad we don't have to play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    Eli leading a 2-10 team down the field to crush a divisional opponent's playoff chances would've been too funny, I'm almost upset we didn't get to see it
    They had every opportunity to do that on any drive in the second half. But they did NOTHING. Eli to Slayton worked in the first half, but they looked to the WR only once in the second half. Golden Tate is been less than worthless. But the defense get some of the blame. How do you let Ertz score the last two TDs? They had to know he'd be the primary target.

Shurmur and his staff should have been fired on the plane home, but they better be a lame duck group who will be gone at the end of the season.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seahawks Rashad Penny done for season with torn ACL

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    They had every opportunity to do that on any drive in the second half. But they did NOTHING. Eli to Slayton worked in the first half, but they looked to the WR only once in the second half. Golden Tate is been less than worthless. But the defense get some of the blame. How do you let Ertz score the last two TDs? They had to know he'd be the primary target.
    So, what you're saying is, they played like a 2-11 team.

This weeks episode of NFL Films Presents is titled Do Your Job. I think that's more ironic than anything Alannis Morissette talked about.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    So, what you're saying is, they played like a 2-11 team.
    Egg-zactly.

I was rooting hard for Eli in this one and that 1st half was fun, but I knew (every Giant fan knew) the 2nd half would be much different
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

If the playoffs were today Dallas at 6-7 would get a home game against a team that is 10-3.

If the playoffs were today Dallas at 6-7 would get a home game against a team that is 10-3.
    The way the NFL does playoffs is pretty flawed. Winning a division could arguably give rise to an automatic playoff berth, but should not give automatic home field. Give byes to the best two division winners, but seed the rest based on record.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The way the NFL does playoffs is pretty flawed. Winning a division could arguably give rise to an automatic playoff berth, but should not give automatic home field. Give byes to the best two division winners, but seed the rest based on record.
    Agreed
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If the Cowboys do win the division, I guarantee the nearly 2 decades old system will be changed in 2020 BECAUSE it's the Dallas Cowboys that benefited from the flaw.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

c'mon the Cowboys get like 6 nationally televised games a year, the NFL loves having them in the mix
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Agreed
    I double agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    If the Cowboys do win the division, I guarantee the nearly 2 decades old system will be changed in 2020 BECAUSE it's the Dallas Cowboys that benefited from the flaw.
    c'mon the Cowboys get like 6 nationally televised games a year, the NFL loves having them in the mix
    Yeah, it's hard to picture this world where the Cowboys are the victims. Where is it again?

The point is, this has been a flaw in the system since they went to 8 divisions. But the "outrage" to change it has been magnified because it's the Cowboys that could benefit this year.

That might sound 'shadowesque' of me, but consider that this scenario has already played out to no change a few times, perhaps most egregiously in 2010 when the Seahawks (7-9) hosted the Saints (11-5) and beat them.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Baseball has an equally ridiculous playoff system. Anytime there are wildcards, there's bound to be a wildcard winner with a better record than a division winner.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post

That might sound 'shadowesque' of me, but consider that this scenario has already played out to no change a few times, perhaps most egregiously in 2010 when the Seahawks (7-9) hosted the Saints (11-5) and beat them.
    There was an outcry on those occasions too. The NFL just decided that rewarding a Division winner outweighed having an accurately seeded playoff.

If you're a 10+ win team , you should be able to beat an 8-8 team in their house, or else you're just a pretender. I don't like the system either but it's the way it is...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-