Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Also, future Hall of Famer Terrell Suggs has left Baltimore for Arizona. According to sources, Suggs says he would have liked to finish his career with the Ravens, but the opportunity to play for a team that the officials weren't constantly gunning for was too much to resist. "I can't take the heartbreak any more," Suggs reportedly confided to close friends.
    That reason and the fact they gave away a shot at another super bowl title by playing Jackson the whole playoff game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    ^ shave and a haircut...

Looks like the Ravens will be the pick against team in the survival league this year. They have more defectors than Trump's cabinet.

Ravens cheerleaders have defected and they hired this guy.

OBJ to the Browns.

New York will acquire a first-round and third-round pick and safety Jabril Peppers
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 03-12-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Yeah, I knew they were interested, but it's still a bit of a shock.

Edit: Despite his earlier statement that "We're not ready to go for it," (or something like that,) Dorsey is going all in for 2019.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 03-12-2019 at 08:29 PM.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Wow that's a hell of a trade.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

"John Dorsey turned Danny Shelton, Jabrill Peppers and the No. 17 pick in the draft into Odell Beckham Jr."

Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    OBJ to the Browns.

New York will acquire a first-round and third-round pick and safety Jabril Peppers
    Personally I love it. Glad he, his massive ego and salary are gone. His hissy fits and shit-stirring were getting old. Now we have two 1st round picks (gott make em count though!) and also get an upgrade to replace Landon Collins in my opinion. MUCH better pass defender. That said, he's still one of the best receivers I have ever seen. Good luck Browns!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Seems like the giants have decided to start over one year too late. Might as well continue to the gut the team.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Seems like the giants have decided to start over one year too late. Might as well continue to the gut the team.
    What if it plays out this way: The Giants realize getting a potential franchise QB is a must, and use pick #6 and #17 to move up to #2 in the draft and select Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio St. It may turn out that Odell Beckham leaves NYG as a direct result of the mistake last year of picking Saquon Barkley RB Penn St at #2 instead of Sam Darnold or Josh Allen. (And yes, Barkley is a GREAT Running Back, but...he's a great RUNNING BACK.)

Cleveland radio is reporting that Dorsey isn't done yet, and the rumored player is S Earl Thomas. Stay tuned.

What if it plays out this way: The Giants realize getting a potential franchise QB is a must, and use pick #6 and #17 to move up to #2 in the draft and select Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio St. It may turn out that Odell Beckham leaves NYG as a direct result of the mistake last year of picking Saquon Barkley RB Penn St at #2 instead of Sam Darnold or Josh Allen. (And yes, Barkley is a GREAT Running Back, but...he's a great RUNNING BACK.)
    If I was a giants fan I would be upset at that plan if it came to be. #17 pick seems like too much to move up four spots. Especially when you have as many holes in the roster as they do.

Edited to add: I was fine with the Barkley pick at the time, but now...if you were planning on going full rebuild mode it makes much less sense to pick SB last year. There just seem like this is many mixed signals the giants are putting out there.
    Last edited by Hobo Chang Ba; 03-12-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Cleveland radio is reporting that Dorsey isn't done yet, and the rumored player is S Earl Thomas. Stay tuned.
    I do like Cleveland's aggressiveness. That division is the weakest it's been in a while...might as well pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I do like Cleveland's aggressiveness. That division is the weakest it's been in a while...might as well pounce.
    Very true. Browns are putting together quite a roster.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Personally I love it. Glad he, his massive ego and salary are gone. His hissy fits and shit-stirring were getting old.
    yeah... as a Dallas fan, I was hoping he'd stay on there growing that cancer. I dont know if any coach is gonna be able to keep him from disrupting the locker room
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

The OBJ trade, which looks okay for the Giants until you consider the dead cap money and what now looks like a waste of Barkley, makes me curious if the Browns were suitors for AB. I can see why the Steelers wouldn’t engage an opponent in the division, but they might have gotten a more substantial return from the Browns. AB agreed to go to a rebuilding Raiders team just because they gave him a contract. I would think he would have agreed to go to Cleveland if they paid him.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The eons are closing
    I agree, I think AB would have relished getting paid AND seeing Ben twice a year...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Steelers Gm (buffoon that he is) did say last week that he would consider all offers, regardless of their division. Browns' antics
    scared away a lot of potential teams dropping his trade value. GM panicked and took a low ball deal. I would have called AB's
    bluff and not traded him. You got three years left on your contract. Come back next year and show me you can be a productive
    TEAM player, and we will talk renegotiation. You don't want to do that? Fine , sit out like Bell. Just remember that we can do this
    three times if you want. Then, guess what? You will be 34 and out of the league for three years. Good luck getting a huge guaranteed
    contract then.
    OBJ has a lot of prime years left. Brown will be 31 at the start of this season. Another reason he fetched a lot more in trade equity.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Per Peter King:

"The Giants have 1 of 21 prime picks from 20010 through 2016 drafts (1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks) left on the roster. They are, in effect, an expansion franchise with a very good RB, no defensive stars and a 38-year-old QB"

Giggity.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bell to the Jets....

Kinda figured that's where he'd end up.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Surprised that the Giants paid a $20 million signing bonus to OBJ when they extended him after the season. If they were going to trade him, why not let the other team do the extension and pay the lump sum?

Because they are clueless?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Ingram and Thomas to the Ravens...They let a few players walk out the door but those should be some solid additions.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Thomas was a great player for the Seahawks, he'll be missed, relationship went a bit sour at the end but he'll be received very well when the Ravens visit this season. I wish him all the best.
    Ian