Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Gotta be Saints, 49ers or Packers at.this stage.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The couple of times I've seen the 49ers this year they just seem to be playing with such a vengeance. The Saints too - their defense must have gotten tired of reading how bad they sucked because they're much improved.

that Rodgers TD pass to Jamaal Williams was just the most unreal shit, in real time it looked like he was just throwing the ball away

like its more believable that he was trying to throw it away and wound up with a fluke TD than it is that he was really trying to fit it into that tiny window

not really sure what to make of Matt Moore's performance. mostly just short checkdown passes but his numbers were impressive. Packers defense is improved but they have a real problem allowing yards after contact. of course the Chiefs have a lot of guys that are very hard to bring down
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    that Rodgers TD pass to Jamaal Williams was just the most unreal shit, in real time it looked like he was just throwing the ball away

like its more believable that he was trying to throw it away and wound up with a fluke TD than it is that he was really trying to fit it into that tiny window

not really sure what to make of Matt Moore's performance. mostly just short checkdown passes but his numbers were impressive. Packers defense is improved but they have a real problem allowing yards after contact. of course the Chiefs have a lot of guys that are very hard to bring down
    He probably was just throwing it away like Wilson did two weeks ago against the Browns and just got lucky.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I guessed the correct score of the GB/KC game in the pick em league, that will never happen again.

Ugly win for the Seahawks, coaching needs sorting out, we'll take it, I guess the NFC West is the best division in football,
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Ugly win for the Seahawks, coaching needs sorting out, we'll take it, I guess the NFC West is the best division in football,
    I dunno... if the Rams and Eagles had their acts together Seattle couldn't beat them. Seattle would struggle with Detroit. We make bad QBs look better than what they are and the good QBs are licking their chops. I was worried about Chicago but Trubisky is a soup sandwich. The Vikings won't go anywhere with Cousins (he's the new Rich Gannon or Neil O'Donnell). Dallas is better than Seattle everywhere but QB. Unless the 49ers collapse the Seahawks only can hope for a wildcard.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The Vikings won't go anywhere with Cousins (he's the new Rich Gannon or Neil O'Donnell)
    Rich Gannon was the NFL's MVP in 2002. Yeah he threw 5 ints in the Super Bowl, but remember who was coaching the other team.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

With Gannon, O'Donnell and may as well throw Chris Chandler in there too, you always wondered when the glass slipper was going to fall off. Same with Cousins.

Jets trade former "can't miss" stud to Giants for a song and Buddy Ryan's six pack:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    With Gannon, O'Donnell and may as well throw Chris Chandler in there too, you always wondered when the glass slipper was going to fall off. Same with Cousins.
    I'd replace Gannon with the QB he faced in the Super Bowl, Brad Johnson. Gannon was an elite QB under Gruden. Chandler, O'Donnell and Johnson never sniffed an MVP award. And you're not wrong about Cousins, I just disagree about Gannon.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

What's up with the Steelers.

I dunno... if the Rams and Eagles had their acts together Seattle couldn't beat them. Seattle would struggle with Detroit. We make bad QBs look better than what they are and the good QBs are licking their chops. I was worried about Chicago but Trubisky is a soup sandwich. The Vikings won't go anywhere with Cousins (he's the new Rich Gannon or Neil O'Donnell). Dallas is better than Seattle everywhere but QB. Unless the 49ers collapse the Seahawks only can hope for a wildcard.
    I agree, wildcard looks like the likely option.
    Ian

The Seahawks could possibly lose five games if the opposition shows up to play.

Time to spark up the hat, Vic.

14-0 in the first quarter... how do they piss that away?!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The Seahawks could possibly lose five games if the opposition shows up to play.
    Certainly not an easy schedule rest of the season

Home
    Bucs (2-5)
    Vikings (6-2)
    Cardinals (3-4)
    49'ers (7-0)

Away
    49ers (7-0)
    Eagles (4-4)
    Rams (5-3)
    Panthers (4-3)

Only really the Bucs & Cards at home look comfortable wins. The rest are likely losses to pick ums. Looks like 10-6 or at a stretch 11-5.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Time to spark up the hat, Vic.
    That would a waste of good lighter fluid and matches. I watched the first half. All those coordinated celebrations for nothing. We're tanking anyway, we're supposed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    All those coordinated celebrations for nothing.
    Yeah, what's up with those lately? It seems like 1-2 seasons ago it would be a rarity, but now these group poses are getting old. I was watching one of the games Sunday (can't remember which one) where the defense got a turnover, down by 2-3 scores, and took the time to run another 30-40 yards to the end zone for a celebratory group pose.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Yeah, what's up with those lately? It seems like 1-2 seasons ago it would be a rarity, but now these group poses are getting old. I was watching one of the games Sunday (can't remember which one) where the defense got a turnover, down by 2-3 scores, and took the time to run another 30-40 yards to the end zone for a celebratory group pose.
    It's always bothered me but the league knows it's a losing battle. It's beyond irritating.

It's always bothered me but the league knows it's a losing battle. It's beyond irritating.
    The easy way to stop it would be to prohibit the cameras from broadcasting those posed, group celebrations like they prohibit broadcasting of people running onto the field. Starve them of the attention they crave. The sports media went in exactly the opposite direction, going out of their way to show these celebrations from every angle possible during the game, and during game highlights, etc. So obviously just about everybody wanted in on the act. That seems to have decreased of late as these types of celebrations have became more common, I don't see those celebrations as "highlight reel" material as often. During the game, I just tune it out. Hopefully it will run its course.

It only really annoys me now when a team that is getting their asses kicked scores once and pulls this crap. If I were the coach under those circumstances, I'd bench the lot of them.

Bill

Aqib Talib traded to Dolphins.

?

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Up until a few years ago (can't remember when they changed the rule), a team got flagged for group celebrations.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

?
    Vic, they can't even tank right.

?
    Dolphins got a 5th and Talib for a 7th. It was a business move for the Rams, probably frees up some cap space and maybe a roster spot, though Talib is injured at the moment. My guess is the Dolphins move Talib in the offseason or next season for more picks. In the meantime, they upgrade their 7th round pick. Not bad for either team, though hardly a blockbuster move.

Bill