Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I only caught the end of the game, but it sounded like the announcers were ready to put him in the Hall of Fame.
    The blacksmith is working on his bust as we speak.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    It will remain to be seen if he develops into a passer like Russell Wilson did or get figured out like RG3 did.
    RG3 is a better passer than Lamar, but he sits the bench. I would have brought him in for the last set of downs just to protect Lamar.

The Ryan Tannehill era in Tenn begins on a positive note. Dolphins are regretting letting him go... (probably not).

I was worried at first watching the GBP - OAK game, Pack defense non-existent. Offense carried the day. What a day for A-aron. Many hurdles to come.

we so needed that division win

many pundits had us losing that game... I certainly did not expect the blowout it wound up being
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Tampa Bay became the only team in NFL history that threw for 4 interceptions on a day when they didn't play. After 41 years of rooting for this lousy franchise it's hard to change but damn, why did they have to draft Winston? I said it then that he was an idiot and it's been proven over and over again.

Stupid football team. Even hiring the "quarterback whisperer" as head coach can't help Winston. He's just a younger version of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Seems like most of you guys had a good day well, except for Lou. Sorry dude, I feel for ya. Really, I do. I know what it's like to root for a team that consistently stinks.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Tampa Bay became the only team in NFL history that threw for 4 interceptions on a day when they didn't play. After 41 years of rooting for this lousy franchise it's hard to change but damn, why did they have to draft Winston? I said it then that he was an idiot and it's been proven over and over again.

Stupid football team. Even hiring the "quarterback whisperer" as head coach can't help Winston. He's just a younger version of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Seems like most of you guys had a good day well, except for Lou. Sorry dude, I feel for ya. Really, I do. I know what it's like to root for a team that consistently stinks.
    Not me Tony! I am a lifelong Steeler fan, and Reds fan. Baseball season is over.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Ah, I've misread your posts over the years. Just because you live in Cincy doesn't always mean you are a Bengals fan you just have to live with that lousy team and are probably forced to watch their games.

I had to sit last year during the Bucs/Steelers game with a Pittsburgh native. That stiff arm the dude threw was possibly the best stiff arm I've ever seen. Threw my guy to the ground and hard. Wasn't a fun evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    The Ryan Tannehill era in Tenn begins on a positive note. Dolphins are regretting letting him go... (probably not).

I was worried at first watching the GBP - OAK game, Pack defense non-existent. Offense carried the day. What a day for A-aron. Many hurdles to come.
    GB is so hot & cold on both sides of the ball. Today was easily their best offensive performance yet and one of the best games of Rodgers' career. Hopefully that is a sign. On the other hand, the defense is starting to look like they have in recent years, where they just constantly leave guys open & give up big plays on every drive. If not for a few fuckups in the red zone Carr's numbers would've been nearly as good as Rodgers.

Bears on the other hand...man do they look awful. Really thought Mitch was causing a lot of the critics to eat crow last year (granted, he wasn't great, but he was definitely 'good enough' and seemed to be getting better) - they're booing him off the field now. Just brutal. Saints defense is pretty nuts though. I didn't watch closely but outside of a few clear misses Mitch didn't exactly have a lot of big time opportunities.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Mitch isn't sucking, but he isn't making plays either. He's turned into Dink And Dunk Man.

I'm bored and screwing around. was wondering why the Raiders had such an unusual schedule. You guys are familiar enough with issues such as this but there really are so many reasons why this happens. Big factor is they are the only team that shares a stadium with a baseball team.

As the article says it's not only the Raiders who got caught up in this but my Bucs also have a stretch with no "home" games. The game in London is a home game. Not sure if the Raiders game was considered a home game. Whatever, I think London is a joke and the NFl should pull out of those games for many reasons.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...me-2019-season

50-0 by halftime?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I didn't watch the game tonight but peeked at the score at halftime. Only 9 points in the second half. Is this something for the Jets to build on or were the Pat's having open tryouts in the second half.

Boy the Jets suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Big factor is they are the only team that shares a stadium with a baseball team.
    The Baltimore Colts used to share a stadium with the Orioles.

Didn't Oakland share a stadium with A's back when? When the Lions were perennial contenders back in the Fitties they shared a stadium with the Tigers. Didn't the Chargers share a field with the Padres? The Astros and Oilers? Both Cardinals teams in St Louis?.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Most (if not all) teams did, none (aside from the Raiders) do now.

It's the 2010s...have your own fucking stadium.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Boy the Jets suck.
    I wish we had gotten the real Darnold last week
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

They shouldn't have prime time games that have a contender playing a doormat. It's almost unwatchable.

The eons are closing
    It will never matter if Jets or GMen stink - they're NY, so on the TV they go.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They shouldn't have prime time games that have a contender playing a doormat. It's almost unwatchable.
    They should never have the Patriots playing their own division on prime time.

Most of the dominant teams of the '70s NFC enjoyed divisions that offered little or no competition. It's why Dallas and Minnesota represented in 9 SB appearances. AFC was a little more competitive at times.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Away at Bills was a close game.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Away at Bills was a close game.
    They almost shit the bed Sunday against the Dolphins and gave up 21 points.

Pats acquire Mohamed Sanu from Falcons for a second round pick:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...d-sanu-falcons

Bill

The Lions deal Quandre Diggs to the Seahawks. Diggs was quite popular in Detroit and on the surface it seems an odd move with Darius Slay being injured, but this article sheds some light: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/10/...dre-diggs.html