Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Fucking Cousins! Thats why he is worthless.

Yeah, he will finish with 4k+ yards in the air and likely 30+ TDs.

But his dumb ass decisions like that INT in the end zone under triple coverage while on the comeback trail in GB....He is not a winner.

God... wish we didnt let Teddy go... He could manage the game with the talent Vikes have.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Giants continue to step on their dicks.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Looks like Seattle couldn't stand winning convincingly and let Pittsburgh back into the game.
    Hey, I'll take a win in Pittsburgh any time. Looks like the Steelers are in trouble. Also a good thing.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

But his dumb ass decisions like that INT in the end zone under triple coverage while on the comeback trail in GB....He is not a winner.

God... wish we didnt let Teddy go... He could manage the game with the talent Vikes have.
    I have to say that the Packers did not win this game. The Vikings lost it (and arguably should've won).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

We have a barn burner in Los Angeles......

I'm rooting for the Saints. Retribution....

While I am loathe to say anything positive about the Cowboys, anyone who argues that Dak is "just a dink-and-dunk" QB either isn't watching with their eyes open, or is simply unwilling to say that they are wrong. Christ is he playing lights out. And if what they are saying that he doesn't "need" to be the highest paid QB is accurate, he seems to be a good guy. So at odds with the Cowboys organization...
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Oh Vic....Looks like you are going to get a LOT of competition for that #1 pick next year.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Oh, and I owe hot garbage an apology for comparing it to Donte Moncrief last week.

I only hate Dak because he's a Cowboy, I'm sure he's a lovely guy and a good QB,........, but he's a Cowboy.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Dak has certainly improved. Way more accurate downfield than he's shown in the past. He's looking like more than just a complimentary player right now. We'll see if it holds.

4 NFC West Teams, so far only one loss, going to be a tough division this year.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

A thousand times this. $83 million pissed down the drain, Vikings style.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

What happened to Carson Wentz's accuracy? He's too high on a lot of his throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    We have a barn burner in Los Angeles......

I'm rooting for the Saints. Retribution....
    how many more times are the refs gonna hose the Saints?
    blowing the play dead on that sack/fumble was inexcusable and a momentum killer
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Brees' injury makes me sad in ways it shouldn't.

But also for fantasy reasons.

The Bolts performance today also makes me sad. For reasons that are completely normal.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Dak has certainly improved. Way more accurate downfield than he's shown in the past. He's looking like more than just a complimentary player right now. We'll see if it holds.
    As much as I agree, I would say that the O-line has really contributed to his stats the first two games. He is getting more time and taking advantage of it. His sole mistake was due to pressure.

However I hope he got a freaking earful when he ran for a first down and dove forward at the end of the game. Don’t risk it (see Cam).
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The eons are closing
    Why the Vikes have a dumb+ass gunslinger with a conservative run first coach...well....

Kills me... Going to Vikes Giants on 10/6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    A thousand times this. $83 million pissed down the drain, Vikings style.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Ed...how are you feeling about Jackson now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Ed...how are you feeling about Jackson now?
    He's improved over last year with his passing, even though yesterday some of his mechanics cost him some completions. His running keeps defenses honest, even though some yesterday were out of necessity. I'm a little more worried why the Cards had receivers so wide open yesterday. Ravens offensive game plan was good in the first half, thought they might blow them out, but they stumbled in the second half. The pass interference review is a joke, they blew another in the Eagles/Falcons game. Unless it' like the one in the NFC game last year they won't overturn them and make themselves look stupid. The call on Wentz's 2 point conversion dive was just plain stupid. Nobody diving for the end zone is giving themselves up. You give yourself up sliding feet first.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    how many more times are the refs gonna hose the Saints?
    blowing the play dead on that sack/fumble was inexcusable and a momentum killer
    They did that two years ago to the Jags handing the Patriots another super bowl birth. They did it to the Chiefs the same year in the playoffs costing them the game. They did it to the Ravens last year in the playoffs costing them a touchdown and a 14 point swing in the game. They need to let the plays play out then review the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The call on Wentz's 2 point conversion dive was just plain stupid. Nobody diving for the end zone is giving themselves up. You give yourself up sliding feet first.
    not if you're a QB... but it doesn't matter because his knee hit before the ball crossed the plane
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They need to let the plays play out then review the play.
    absolutely! swallow the whistle!

Big Ben has chimed for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    not if you're a QB... but it doesn't matter because his knee hit before the ball crossed the plane
    But he wasn't touched before he scored.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    4 NFC West Teams, so far only one loss, going to be a tough division this year.
    And the one that lost was the Cards. What else is new? Everyone here was embarrassed to no end when years ago, the Bears beat the Cards like a step-child, without scoring a single offensive point.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama