Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

I just read the Raiders will travel 40,188 miles over the next 17 weeks, most of any NFL team.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ What should have happened is no team signs him. Collusion? Maybe. Prove it. Maybe it's just common sense.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I just read the Raiders will travel 40,188 miles over the next 17 weeks, most of any NFL team.
    But now they get to do it cancer free!

^ What should have happened is no team signs him. Collusion? Maybe. Prove it. Maybe it's just common sense.
    That is collusion, which is wrong in its own way, whether you can "prove" it or not; and I don't feel that two wrongs make a right. So that's not such "common sense" to me. Common sense to me is that if he violated the leagues policy of conduct, he should be suspended by the league. That makes perfect sense, sends a strong message, and removes any ambiguity.

Bill

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Suspension by the league an a much lower value contract to reflect the pain of dealing with him.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

And I'm supposed to be happy about tanking. I hope the Ravens score 70 points. Fuck the Dolphins to hell and back.

Browns are a penalty machine. Almost as many personal foul penalties as points so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    And I'm supposed to be happy about tanking. I hope the Ravens score 70 points. Fuck the Dolphins to hell and back.
    I'm glad I didn't go to the bar with my neighbor to watch the game. They give out free shots when a touchdown is scored, that's seven shots. I'd be half shitfaced and it's only halftime.

^.......

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Suspension by the league and a much lower value contract to reflect the pain of dealing with him.
    He could've just as easily ended up like Colin Kaepernick, whom owners currently won't touch with a 10 foot pole.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Just saw the score of the Browns/Titans game....

Misery loves company......

Vic, how could the Dolphins be so bad that even the refs couldn't take the game away from the Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Just saw the score of the Browns/Titans game....
    The first drive they went through the Titans defense and took it down and scored. At least 10 yd gain almost every play. Then the penalties started. They had 18 penalties for something like 180 yards. The ballyhooed pass rush was unimpressive for the most part, too. I think I know why the Giants got rid of Vernon. I don't think I heard his name called once all game. Sheldon Richardson's name only came up for penalties. Left Tackle got ejected for kicking an opponent in the head. They were also lucky Garrett didn't get ejected for throwing a punch. It was a dismal performance, but it was only one game. I didn't see it coming, and I may have to revise my expectations a bit, but I still expect a great season. Time will tell.

Don't know. I give up.

Vic, how could the Dolphins be so bad that even the refs couldn't take the game away from the Ravens?
    They did have one bad 15 yard penalty call against each team. Actually Fitzscramble didn't play a bad game, the Ravens defense is just too good and his offense committed penalties at the worst time. They said the Fish were never held to a three and out the whole game.

Who would have thought Action Jackson could be offensive player of the week with his arm.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The Louisiana Supreme Court ruled the NFL can fix games.
    Stinging indictment from a third world state with privatized incarceration and judges for hire.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    He could've just as easily ended up like Colin Kaepernick, whom owners currently won't touch with a 10 foot pole.
    Not really a good comparison, difference being the talent level. Somebody was going to bite on AB, he's a generational-level talent. Kaepernick not so much. Pats actually looked at Kaepernick, and I'm sure didn't bite for strictly football reasons. Nobody could make that case for AB, which is why if anything was going to be done, the league needed to step in.

In other news, Browns commit 18 penalties for ~185 yards. Unreal. And I thought the UMass Minutemen were an undisciplined mess!

Bill

What people tend to gloss over is the FACT that Kaepernick walked away from a contract in SF; he lost his starting position to Blaine Gabbert - he wasn't being punished; he didn't kneel at anything, he was sitting on the bench, presumably pouting at having lost his starting spot - prior to all of this he stood for all the anthems in which he was a starter. And he's turned down all kinds of requests to publically speak on behalf of his "cause". Dude isn't currently in the league because he doesn't deserve to be. Let us finally close the book on Collin Quitter Kaepernick. Don't drink the koolaid... valid cause, wrong spokesman.

And the Lions start out with another meltdown. They didn't loose (the game was a tie), but totally blew this game. It's gonna be another long season.....

What a surprise! A Tomlin coached team coming out in Week 1 totally unprepared. The difference this year, is that they aren't playing the Browns in Week 1.
    Embarrassing!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Pats looking pretty sharp
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I know it's just the first game of the season but it's always very gratifying watching the Steelers eat a big shitburger

Chiefs may not have Hill when they play the Ravens.

Atlanta seemed lost against the Vikings. Typical Vikes - look tough as nails today and next Sunday they'll tank against the Packers.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart