Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

AB demands to be released by the Raiders. I hear an Engelbert Humperdink song in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    AB demands to be released by the Raiders. I hear an Engelbert Humperdink song in the distance.
    They had a sportscaster on ESPN interviewing someone by phone, and he asked him what he thought would happen. The guy on the phone said it's hard to imagine if this shit continues. Yet teams that needed players wouldn't touch Ray Rice or Kap.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Some team will pick him up when a wide receiver gets injured. He'll get a 1 year contract.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    What a putz, someone is going to get a great receiver cheap. Needs a strong management group & QB. I'd take him as a one year rental if a team was close to SB form.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Raiders should release him. From what I've read, if they cut him before he plays in game 1, it will only cost the Raiders 1m. If he plays even that game, it will be much more expensive - and he'll likely get traded or released anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    What a putz, someone is going to get a great receiver cheap. Needs a strong management group & QB. I'd take him as a one year rental if a team was close to SB form.
    Patriots will end up with him, just say it already!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    The Raiders should release him. From what I've read, if they cut him before he plays in game 1, it will only cost the Raiders 1m. If he plays even that game, it will be much more expensive - and he'll likely get traded or released anyway.
    They released him earlier today. I wouldn't touch him. A great player, but a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They released him earlier today. I wouldn't touch him. A great player, but a cancer.
    Awesome. Good for them. Pats will pick him up though. Maybe Josh Gordon can teach him a thing or two.

I bet Dez Bryant is somewhere saying "whadya think of me now?" lol.

Hopefully nobody will give him a contract. Let him go to the XFL, where his behavior will be encouraged.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

God no. For the love of God no.

I could see it happening. AB would be on his best behavior and he'll get a ring. Tom Brady is drooling.

And it sticks it to the Steelers
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

And it happens.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Get outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    And it happens.
    BWAHAHAHA.

Better ask me now for predictions on week 1 winners while I'm hot!

I gurgled it. It happened. Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa. Goddamn Pats. Brady gets an even 10 Superbowl appearances. Hope he retires. For the love of God.

BWAHAHAHA.

You know I was implying it.

Steelers must be tearing their hair out.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I gurgled it. It happened. Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa. Goddamn Pats. Brady gets an even 10 Superbowl appearances. Hope he retires. For the love of God.
    Don't crown them just yet.

Patriots are the scum of the league.

Antonio Brown has revealed that what took place was God's Plan. Now it all makes sense. You can't fight a pillar of fire and a whirlwind, Raiders fans.

Antonio Brown has revealed that what took place was God's Plan. Now it all makes sense. You can't fight a pillar of fire and a whirlwind, Raiders fans.
    seriously though... the league should make AB pay for jerking the Raiders' chain like that

an example needs to be made as a message to primadonna WRs
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Steelers get thrown a bone... AB not eligible to play week 1
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

BWAHAHAHA.

Going to Vegas, what do u got!

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    seriously though... the league should make AB pay for jerking the Raiders' chain like that

an example needs to be made as a message to primadonna WRs
    Brown's Instagram post after being released indicates that he views himself as the victim in what took place. He's amazingly self-centered, self-absorbed and detrimental to the team. I hope he goes to New England and tears that locker room apart. It would serve them right for helping to enable the prima donna behavior.

Brown's Instagram post after being released indicates that he views himself as the victim in what took place. He's amazingly self-centered, self-absorbed and detrimental to the team. I hope he goes to New England and tears that locker room apart. It would serve them right for helping to enable the prima donna behavior.
    He's like the Donald Trump of the NFL. He should be banned for 8 games for calling someone a cracker.

I hope he goes to New England and tears that locker room apart. It would serve them right for helping to enable the prima donna behavior.
    Unlikely in the extreme he'll negatively impact the Patriots' locker room. Belichick won't put up with it. He shipped Jamie Collins off to Cleveland without hesitation when he started to be a problem. This is a no-risk venture for the Pats, he'll either be a great hired-gun who is trying to prove himself and cash in next season, or he'll be gone. Simple as that.

As far as the Pats being enablers, somebody was going to pick this guy up. The Pats were in competition with some other team/teams for his services, thus the somewhat high guaranteed money relative to a typical Pats deal. If the league wants to punish/ban him for his behavior then that's up to the league. I wouldn't have been opposed to that in any way, his conduct was outrageous. But if the league isn't going to take action, why should the Pats, or any other team have the burden of that responsibility? And why should the Pats, or any other team, be expected to sit idly by and let a competitor pick up an asset they could use?

Blaming the Pats for this is ludicrous. Blame the league if you want, and I'd fully support that, but no team should be held accountable if the league takes no action.

Bill

^ What should have happened is no team signs him. Collusion? Maybe. Prove it. Maybe it's just common sense.