Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: U.K.: "Night After Night-Extended" coming 03/08/2019

I have listened twice (but not to the 5.1 yet). I am very pleased in general...fairly good sound and good performances. I agree that they really pushed the tempo on most pieces. Having seen the first tour of the band twice (in NJ first and then about a week later at Central Park), I am partial to the Bruford/Holdsworth version but I really like Bozzio in general so I enjoy the opportunity to hear how the Mark II version of the band sounded live.

It is fascinating to compare bozzio's playing on the first album's material to Billy's. I'd go with Bruford every time but always enjoy Bozzio too.

It is wonderful to celebrate Wetton...what a complete player he was. And Jobson? Wow. I remember so much about those shows; he did a marvelous job and had such a presence on stage. And does ANYONE do portamento like Eddie? He is the poster boy for effective use of portamento.

I highly recommend the package to any fence-sitters.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Yes - that one was the reunion tour.
    We watched that on YT one night after ordering the Night after Night extended version and it looked like a great show. I really enjoyed Jobson on keyboards as well.
    Great you got to see them, and even more since we lost John.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU..._as=subscriber

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    We watched that on YT one night after ordering the Night after Night extended version and it looked like a great show. I really enjoyed Jobson on keyboards as well.
    Great you got to see them, and even more since we lost John.
    I'd like to see the YT video as well. It was great time, thanks.