Thread: Sentience by Fredrik Klingwall & Julia Black feat. Mattias Olsson, Gustaf Hielm etc.

Sentience by Fredrik Klingwall & Julia Black feat. Mattias Olsson, Gustaf Hielm etc.

Hello everyone!

Some of you may know me as a keyboardist from Anima Morte but today SENTIENCE is released, an album that has been in the making for several years together with vocalist Julia Black.

Adding to the line-up is the ever creative Mattias Olsson (ex-Änglagård, Necromonkey, White Willow) on drums and percussion. Multifaceted bassist Gustaf Hielm (Pain of Salvation, Mats & Morgan) uses several different bass instruments and techniques to complete the personality of each song. Rounded out by a string section comprised of Hanna Ekström and Anna Dager of the acclaimed Stockholm Strings.

Mix by David Castillo (Katatonia, Opeth, Leprous etc.) Mastering by Thomas "Plec" Johansson (The Night Flight Orchestra, Soilwork)

Check out the song Collapse below, if you like what you hear it is available on streaming services, vinyl etc on this link: http://smarturl.it/fk-jb-sentience

Looking forward to hear what you think

Last edited by KLNGWLL; 02-22-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    klingwall.se | animamorte.com

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    *BUMP*

Hej people, don't forget this album! It's great!
    Ordered my copy yesterday after listening to BandCamp. The vocals give it a bit of a Paatos feel.
    Recommended!
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Oké, ordered.

Just read a raving review in the Dutch magazine iO Pages, so after reading your post I listened to a couple of other songs.
    I think I have to get used to the somewhat childish vocals, but I sure love the bass-playing.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Oké, ordered.

Just read a raving review in the Dutch magazine iO Pages, so after reading your post I listened to a couple of other songs.
    I think I have to get used to the somewhat childish vocals, but I sure love the bass-playing.
    Many times I agree with John Bollenberg's reviews. Whether it's Italian Prog or Scandinavian.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."