Thread: New Rascal Reporters! One of Our Dogs Is Missing (2019 Redux)

New Rascal Reporters! One of Our Dogs Is Missing (2019 Redux)

I am (super excited to be) working with Steve Kretzmer on revamping some old unreleased Rascal Reporters music (and some new music is in the works!).
    Today we put out a tune 'One Of Our Dogs Is Missing (2019 Redux)'.

This is an older Steve Kretzmer piece (1977?) consisting of electric piano (maybe Wurli or Rhodes?), a lead synth and piano. I've re-mixed it from the 4-track reel-to-reels (beautifully digitised by Brian Donaghue), and put my own drums & bass layers on it. I have been inspired heavily by Reporters a lot recently, so I think it has actually come out sounding very much at home in the piece, but of course with my own edge to it. Would love to hear some opinions on this. I'm honoured to be working with Steve on this stuff, it's the most challenging music I've worked on, and I'm looking forward to showing more.

The full song can be streamed here on CD Baby, but please consider purchasing if you enjoy it!

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/rascalreporters6

Progress on the album front, eh? Bravo!

This track was always one of my favourites of his. Nice to hear it fleshed out in fine 21st century fashion. Nicely done, man.

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Progress on the album front, eh? Bravo!

This track was always one of my favourites of his. Nice to hear it fleshed out in fine 21st century fashion. Nicely done, man.

K
    Thanks a lot K! Yes we are getting SOMEWHERE on that front hehe. I have high hopes!
    Very glad to hear you like this new version of the track, was a fecking workout out bass and drums!
    To think that K recorded each of these layers all the way through the whole song is amazing, I'm luckily enough to be able to tackle this stuff in sections

Now available on Bandcamp!
    https://rascalreporters.bandcamp.com...ing-2019-redux

2019 sees Steve Kretzmer invite Irish musician and producer James Strain to complete unfinished Rascal Reporters material from the archives for a new EP “Redux”.

The first song from this project, “One of Our Dogs is Missing”, was written and had it’s keyboard parts recorded by Steve Kretzmer in 1977. This was remixed from the multitracks in 2019 with additional bass and drum tracks recorded by James, giving the track the full weight and presence it demanded.

The music in this piece never seems to repeat, a trademark of the Rascal Reporters sound - constantly evolving and following the next potential progression.

A gentle bump on this for those who may have missed it...
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...