Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Edge of Extinction | Season 38

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Wow. I think that was the most sentimental TC I've ever seen. I was sorry to see Rick go. I love his sense of humour. Hopefully, he gets back in the game.
    Yeah, he's the one person I was starting to get behind. Funny guy without trying too hard and quick witted! I hope he gets back in too. Pretty weak season so far for me.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah, he's the one person I was starting to get behind. Funny guy without trying too hard and quick witted! I hope he gets back in too. Pretty weak season so far for me.
    I liked him too for similar reasons. Hope he gets another shot.

Wow. Is anyone watching this season? This week's episode was the best of the season and not one comment?

I love what they are doing with Edge of Extinction. The only negative is that Aubry still has a chance to get back in the game.

Sad to see Joe get voted out but glad he has another shot at getting back in.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I agree, it was a good episode. I loved the look on everyone's face when Jeff introduced the Jury!

So, when Jeff said that Edge of Extinction was starting over, did you guys get the impression that the people who had been there and lost the comp to get back in were out of the game and it was starting from square one, or did you think that they were going back? I initially thought they were out. But my husband took it to mean that they were going back. So he wasn't surprised when Jeff told them they could leave the game or go back.

It would be funny if Rick was voted out, went back to EoE, then won to get in for a second time.

It has gotten better, but I'm still having a hard time really getting behind anyone other than Devins. The Edge of Extinctiong thing is pretty cool.

The season is certainly picking up. Enjoying it so far.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I agree, it was a good episode. I loved the look on everyone's face when Jeff introduced the Jury!

So, when Jeff said that Edge of Extinction was starting over, did you guys get the impression that the people who had been there and lost the comp to get back in were out of the game and it was starting from square one, or did you think that they were going back? I initially thought they were out. But my husband took it to mean that they were going back. So he wasn't surprised when Jeff told them they could leave the game or go back.

It would be funny if Rick was voted out, went back to EoE, then won to get in for a second time.
    I thought it was obvious that they would return. Perhaps Jeff could have worded it differently...but especially after they interviewed everyone it would have been more surprising if they didn't allow them back in, to me.

Not sure I'm in love with the EOE twist thus far. But I suppose we shall see if it develops differently over time. Glad those two gave up the ghost too.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Interesting turn of events last night when members of his alliance turned on Eric. More and more, I'm starting to like Victoria. She's quiet, but she's a thinker.

And how about Rick and David breaking up?! Rick gave David half of his immunity idol and now David won't give it back. LOL! It reminded me of Tai not giving his half of the super idol to Scot (full disclosure, I had to look that up) at Tribal Council a few years ago. Has the two piece idol ever worked?

Why does everyone call Rick "Devans"? If you ask John Cochran, he'll tell you that last names are reserved for only the best players. Rick has certainly not proven himself to be that.

Interesting turn of events last night when members of his alliance turned on Eric. More and more, I'm starting to like Victoria. She's quiet, but she's a thinker.

And how about Rick and David breaking up?! Rick gave David half of his immunity idol and now David won't give it back. LOL! It reminded me of Tai not giving his half of the super idol to Scot (full disclosure, I had to look that up) at Tribal Council a few years ago. Has the two piece idol ever worked?

Why does everyone call Rick "Devans"? If you ask John Cochran, he'll tell you that last names are reserved for only the best players. Rick has certainly not proven himself to be that.
    I like Devins!!! He's a news anchor and I'm a newsie.They call him Devins as that is how he's been referred to most of his life. Funny you mentioned Cochran. From Devins' CBS bio:
    Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?
    Cochran. He's a strategist. He was also a genuinely nice guy but he was there to PLAY!
    I like how he is back and not caving in to the "join us or die" mentality. Even if he goes out soon, I hope he forces others to play more actively.

I wish they'd stop with bringing back former contestants. It's especially frustrating when they are brought back for a 3rd time.

I wish they'd stop with bringing back former contestants. It's especially frustrating when they are brought back for a 3rd time.

Actually I like that part as it throws a monkey wrench in the show and other's planning and keeps everything unstable. I also give the people like Aubry a chance because they already have a target on their back from the get-go. People will want to vote early for reasons that have already been shown.

I like Devins!!!

Me too, he's really mixing it up since he's back and throwing stuff at the other contestant's faces showing how manipulative and controlling they are which frustrates them to no end.

He's starting too.

I like Devins too! He was the one that I wanted to see come back from EoE. He's funny as hell, I just don't think that he's shown himself to be a great player yet.

As for not caving in to the "join us or die" mentality, I'm not so sure about that. He joined the bigger alliance because he doesn't trust his old tribe members, but also, I think, because Kama had the numbers to carry him further in the game. It was basically join Kama or die. After last night's vote, only time will tell if he backed the right horse. And to be fair to him, I don't blame him for making the choice he did. I would have probably done the same.

On another note, I thought it was funny that Eric and Ron were trying to use the Loved-Ones visit as leverage. As someone so eloquently pointed out at TC, you're here to win the money, not a family visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I like Devins!!!

I like how he is back and not caving in to the "join us or die" mentality. Even if he goes out soon, I hope he forces others to play more actively.
    But with his "F-you" attitude to all approaches, he's alienating himself from ... everyone.

That's just stupid, 'cause he won't be able to ally himself with anyone when the need arises.
    Regards,

Duncan

On another note, I thought it was funny that Eric and Ron were trying to use the Loved-Ones visit as leverage. As someone so eloquently pointed out at TC, you're here to win the money, not a family visit.
    It's like when players are happy to make the jury and beg others of that quest. I know on Big Brother if the contestants make it to the jury they get a stipend at the conclusion of the season (roughly $7500 each) but I am unaware if Survivor pays the jury...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    But with his "F-you" attitude to all approaches, he's alienating himself from ... everyone.

That's just stupid, 'cause he won't be able to ally himself with anyone when the need arises.
    But as I said, even if he goes out soon, I hope he forces others to play more actively. He may know his rogue attitude won't get him far, but hoping the focus switches to others.

Take it for what it's worth:

Johnny Fairplay revealed last year:
    the first person voted off the show, who is there just three days, walks away with $3,500. Jury members, who vote on the ultimate fate of the final three, pocket $40,000. The two runners up earn a hefty $110,000 and the winner takes home $1,010,000.
    Other searches brought this or very similar:

Winner: $1,000,000
    Runner-up, $100,000
    3-$85,000
    4-$70,000
    5-$55,000
    6-$45,000
    7-$35,000
    8-$27,500
    9-$20,000
    10-$15,000
    11-$10,000
    12-$7,500
    13-$5,500
    14-$4,500
    15-$3,500
    16-$2,500

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if returning players are paid an honorarium. It offers a certain celebrity status. As much as we may not like the way if affects game play, I'm sure that there are lots of people out there that are watching because Joe is back!

I understand Big Brother players are paid $5,000/week.
    Regards,

Duncan

For all contestants even those making jury? I will ask Howie how it was when he was on the show. I thought once they made jury their pay went to $7500 so that is why they try to get to jury so if they are evicted, they earn money to just hang out.

I agree he's not helping himself and I also think he's being a baby. I liked the pre voted off Devins much better.

Glad to see the results last night...that whole 'do it for the loved ones!' crap was ridiculous.

Jedi Howie and I had a conversation about the pay for BB. He said every contestant gets $7500/week. Everyone wants to make it to the jury to secure getting paid for the entire season. Whoever gets 1st/2nd place forfeits their weekly pay in lieu of the bigger prize.

Jedi Howie and I had a conversation about the pay for BB. He said every contestant gets $7500/week. Everyone wants to make it to the jury to secure getting paid for the entire season. Whoever gets 1st/2nd place forfeits their weekly pay in lieu of the bigger prize.
    I would guess that many of the contestants have to take some form of leave of absence from their regular jobs in order to participate, so getting paid is not that surprising to me.

That was some serious Tribal Council Chaos!

After this week's episode, will you accept him as Devins?

That was some serious Tribal Council Chaos!
    Agree, crazy!

Def. the craziest tribal council ever.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

After this week's episode, will you accept him as Devins?

I'm not there yet, but I'll think about it.