Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 83

Thread: Survivor - Edge of Extinction | Season 38

  1. #51
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,276
    Yeah that was pretty crazy. Scrambled eggs!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  2. #52
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm not there yet, but I'll think about it.


    It's only a matter of time....

  3. #53
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post


    It's only a matter of time....
    I hope so. I actually really like Devens...I looked it up and we've both been spelling it wrong. LOL!

    I was curious about what Dalton Ross had to say about last night's TC so I looked up his recap. He talks about something that I forgot about - and that's the scene where everyone is sitting around eating and nobody is talking or looking anyone else in the eye. I thought was great scene when I watched it, but then it got erased from my mind after the crazy TC. You don't often see something like that in Survivor. We see all the strategy and scheming, but this was a great example of just sitting around and watching people's body language.

    https://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-38-episode-9/

  4. #54
    Member paythesnuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    152
    All of the veterans are now on the Edge of Extinction. Surprised it took so long.

    Great move by Wardog. I never liked him, but I have to respect this move.

    I don't know if anybody else was able to see the name of the episode, but it was called "Blood of a Blindside." Thanks Survivor for revealing the result of that last vote. I knew it would be Kelly and lessened the drama for me.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

  5. #55
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    After this week's episode, will you accept him as Devins?

    Okay. He won me over this week. I'll accept him as Devens. I love how he called out Ron and Julie and then played his own idol. That was a classic Survivor Fuck You!

  6. #56
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,701
    Told ya he was a keeper!!! He has to fight off every tribal council to make it to the end. If he makes it to the end he wins.

  7. #57
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,701
    Minutia moment:
    It's interesting how they are not starting the episodes as they have in the past. Usually started with, "Previously on... SURVIVOR." Play a clip or two, show the tribal eviction, and then give us 2 minutes of current episode. The show opening featuring cast members and then into commercial or resume the episode.

    Last night was the first time I saw an episode start with just the logo and then go directly into the new episode. I don't think we have gotten a show opener this year. I'm sure it's because they have had to show more with EoE. I just find it interesting.

    Also, what was with the music bed played during the voting process? I found it distracting and the wailing was pretty comical.

  8. #58
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Also, what was with the music bed played during the voting process? I found it distracting and the wailing was pretty comical.
    This is funny to me and here's why...

    A lot of East coast US households had their CBS feeds voice sounds cut out. No probs with the visuals. First 15 mins was no voices, just the music. Voices came back for the middle of the show and then cut out again during the entire tribal council. All tribal council was was music which was frustrating as all hell because it looked like a pretty damn good one! I had it recorded so I watched it again with closed captioning and that helped. Definitely not the same though, but at least I know what happened. Anyway...just hearing the music the whole time was an odd experience especially during the voting
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  9. #59
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Minutia moment:
    It's interesting how they are not starting the episodes as they have in the past. Usually started with, "Previously on... SURVIVOR." Play a clip or two, show the tribal eviction, and then give us 2 minutes of current episode. The show opening featuring cast members and then into commercial or resume the episode.

    Last night was the first time I saw an episode start with just the logo and then go directly into the new episode. I don't think we have gotten a show opener this year. I'm sure it's because they have had to show more with EoE. I just find it interesting.
    I noticed that too. We watched it via our PVR last night and I turned to my husband and asked if he had started it from the beginning because it just went right into the episode. They didn't even show EoE last night.

  10. #60
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This is funny to me and here's why...

    A lot of East coast US households had their CBS feeds voice sounds cut out. No probs with the visuals. First 15 mins was no voices, just the music. Voices came back for the middle of the show and then cut out again during the entire tribal council. All tribal council was was music which was frustrating as all hell because it looked like a pretty damn good one! I had it recorded so I watched it again with closed captioning and that helped. Definitely not the same though, but at least I know what happened. Anyway...just hearing the music the whole time was an odd experience especially during the voting
    You should be able to watch it on the CBS website.

  11. #61
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    You should be able to watch it on the CBS website.
    Yeah I know thanks. I'm just too spoiled with my big TV and surround
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  12. #62
    Member paythesnuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    152
    CBS also put the episode on Youtube. If you have a Smart TV, that may be an option.

    I love it how, at every tribal council for the last couple of weeks, the EoE group is larger than the group of players still in the game. Two questions:

    1. Will the entire EoE group that stays until the EoE competition be part of the final jury?

    2. Did Survivor think that every player voted out would go to EoE?
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

  13. #63
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I noticed that too. We watched it via our PVR last night and I turned to my husband and asked if he had started it from the beginning because it just went right into the episode. They didn't even show EoE last night.
    Maybe all are in jury and no reason to show anything further...?



    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah I know thanks. I'm just too spoiled with my big TV and surround
    I was going to suggest try watching the episode in 2-channel stereo for the parts you missed. Also, if you have CBS on demand, like with DirecTV, you might be able to grab it there.


    Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    CBS also put the episode on Youtube. If you have a Smart TV, that may be an option.

    I love it how, at every tribal council for the last couple of weeks, the EoE group is larger than the group of players still in the game. Two questions:

    1. Will the entire EoE group that stays until the EoE competition be part of the final jury?

    2. Did Survivor think that every player voted out would go to EoE?
    I was trying to listen to the math when Probst was talking to Devens about going to the end. Is there going to be 3 or 2 finalists?

  14. #64
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    My husband's theory is that there will be two finalists from the game and the third finalist will be from EoE.

    Personally, I'm not sure that would work. The folks from EoE were voted out (i.e. don't deserve to win) and many barely played the game. I mean, can you see Reem winning when she spent the entire time on EoE?

    It would be funny if everyone from EoE just finished the game there. What a waste of their time that would be. LOL!

  15. #65
    Moderator Duncan Glenday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    ...
    I mean, can you see Reem winning when she spent the entire time on EoE whining and bitching?
    ...
    Fixed it for ya
    Regards,

    Duncan

    This place has become the "Cheers" of the Internet.
    -- Rushfan

  16. #66
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    Yes you did. Thank you.

  17. #67
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    Tomorrow is finale night. Anyone care to make predictions about:

    a) What the hell is going on with Edge of Extinction? How will it play into the finale? Will ALL those people be on the jury?
    b) Who will Outwit, Outlast, and Outplay to take home the prize?

    My thoughts - I don't want all those people on EoE to be on the jury. Take Reem for example. She was in the game for, like, two minutes. She hasn't spent any time with the people still in the game. She doesn't know them and she doesn't have relationships with them. Outside of TC and the biased opinions of other people who are now out of the game, she has no idea who these people are or how they have played the game. We probably know more about game-play than she does. She should not get to vote IMO.

    My husband thinks that someone from EoE will go to the final three. I hope that doesn't happen. I see two possible outcomes from that. 1) I think that would effectively turn the final three into a final two because no one will vote for someone who hasn't played the game. OR, and I HATE this, a bitter EoE jury will vote for the EoE returnee instead of someone who has legitimately played and made it to the finals.

    I'm not sure how EoE will play out, and I'm curious to see how this will work so late in the game. But I don't have high hopes for it at this point. I hope I'm wrong and Survivor surprises me with something great!

    As for who I want to win, Devens has won me over. I want him to win. But, unless he can keep pulling off immunity wins, I think he'll get voted out. Everyone recognizes him as a huge threat. I think that people respect his game and if the EoE people are the jury, he also spent time with them building relationships there.

    My prediction without an EoE member in final three - Victoria, Gavin and Lauren are final three. Lauren wins.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 05-14-2019 at 11:34 AM.

  18. #68
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,701
    It will suck if someone from EoE gets to be one of the finalists. At this point, they should not bring back anyone.

  19. #69
    Member paythesnuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    152
    I think the EoE competition will happen first next episode. Then one immunity competition, one vote off, then the immunity winner will choose who he/she wants to take to the final three, then the fire making comp to see who is in final three.

    I hope they don't have all the EoE's in the jury. I think they will have finishers 2-5 in the EoE comp (or something like that) be in the final jury.

    Hoping Devens wins, but it will probably be either Lauren or Victoria.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

  20. #70
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    I hope it's not Victoria. I like her, I think she's cute, but I don't think she's done a whole lot. If I look back at the season, she's pretty forgettable.

  21. #71
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

    My husband thinks that someone from EoE will go to the final three. I hope that doesn't happen. I see two possible outcomes from that. 1) I think that would effectively turn the final three into a final two because no one will vote for someone who hasn't played the game. OR, and I HATE this, a bitter EoE jury will vote for the EoE returnee instead of someone who has legitimately played and made it to the finals.

    .
    This thought has crossed my mind as well...and I think at this point it's really the only thing that makes sense with how they've used this 'twist', unless they want it to be exactly like Redemption Island without the weekly comps. But they've kind of fucked up this twist, IMO, so who the hell knows.

    And yes...I also hope not everyone on the jury currently makes the final jury. Shame this is a season where the first overall voted off person stuck around the whole time.

    As for who will win...I have no idea. I'll say Devens (as long as he makes it), Gavin...and then a toss up between Victoria and Lauren for me.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  22. #72
    Member viukkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    133
    IMO the only thing that could save this sorry excuse for a season anymore would be Reem coming back and winning. In any case, the jury is full of people who have been toughing it out at the EoE in hope of getting back to the game, so I can't see any of them saying "sorry, you were voted out once, so you don't deserve to win" if an EoE returnee were to make it to the final three. If they did that, they would basically be saying that they wouldn't have deserved to win either, and spending time on EoE was completely pointless to begin with.

  23. #73
    Member wideopenears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    450
    Well.......not too bad, I guess. Not sure I think the Edge of Extinction was successful experiment. The amount of emotion the Extinct displayed when discussing their expreriences did seem pretty real to me, though.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

  24. #74
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    588
    I have such mixed feelings about this season! I loved Chris's move to give immunity to Julie and make fire with Devens. That was a true gamble and I love a good risk-taker! Luckily for him it worked in his favour and, I think, was a big part of the reason he won.

    But...I hated that the entire cast was on the jury and I hated that someone from EoE won. I don't think that the folks at EoE really played Survivor. Sure you can argue that the rules were changed this season. But the EoE folks didn't have to fight in challenges; they didn't have to fight night after night to stay in the game. There was no strategy on EoE. All they had to do was not give in to raising the flag. For all intents and purposes, Chris did NOT outwit, outlast or outplay. He was voted out on day 8. He should have been one of those people who get to sit in the back row on finale night and not talk. As smart as his move to make fire next to Devens was, he did not deserve to win.

    Reem probably couldn't pick most of the players out of line-up. She had no first-hand knowledge of anyone's game play. She sat at TCs and she got information from the others who were voted out. Great for her that she lasted on EoE for so long...that is one hell of a strong woman. But was she qualified to place a vote for the winner? IMO no, she wasn't.

    For the most part, I enjoyed this season. There were some CRAZY TCs that made things interesting. But I did not like this format at all. I feel like Devens, Julie and Gavin were ripped off. They played their asses off only to have the prize go to a guy that sat on his ass for most of the season.

    I felt like I feel when I read a book that I'm really enjoying, that is gripping and entertaining and I look forward to sitting and reading it, but then it has a really shitty ending that makes the whole book a disappointment.

    On a slightly different note, my husband flipped out when they showed the plan for next season. If you were to ask him "who are your least favourite Survivor players ever?" He would answer Boston Rob and Sandra. LOL!
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 05-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.

  25. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,587
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I have such mixed feelings about this season! I loved Chris's move to give immunity to Julie and make fire with Devens. That was a true gamble and I love a good risk-taker! Luckily for him it worked in his favour and, I think, was a big part of the reason he won.

    But...I hated that the entire cast was on the jury and I hated that someone from EoE won. I don't think that the folks at EoE really played Survivor. Sure you can argue that the rules were changed this season. But the EoE folks didn't have to fight in challenges; they didn't have to fight night after night to stay in the game. There was no strategy on EoE. All they had to do was not give in to raising the flag. For all intents and purposes, Chris did NOT outwit, outlast or outplay. He was voted out on day 8. He should have been one of those people who get to sit in the back row on finale night and not talk. As smart as his move to make fire next to Devens was, he did not deserve to win.

    Reem probably couldn't pick most of the players out of line-up. She had no first-hand knowledge of anyone's game play. She sat at TCs and she got information from the others who were voted out. Great for her that she lasted on EoE for so long...that is one hell of a strong woman. But was she qualified to place a vote for the winner? IMO no, she wasn't.

    For the most part, I enjoyed this season. There were some CRAZY TCs that made things interesting. But I did not like this format at all. I feel like Devens, Julie and Gavin were ripped off. They played their asses off only to have the prize go to a guy that sat on his ass for most of the season.

    I felt like I feel when I read a book that I'm really enjoying, that is gripping and entertaining and I look forward to sitting and reading it, but then it has a really shitty ending that makes the whole book a disappointment.

    ofl
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The move Chris made at the end did take a lot of guts, and I agree it is probably what won it for him, but I can't say that he really deserved it after being on EOE the whole time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •