Thread: Steve Hillage - Live

Steve Hillage - Live

"Rediscover the healing sound and ride the psychic surf."

I know Steve Hillage has a lot of friends on here, and some of you will be familiar with his album Live Herald, but what about the tour that supported that album's release?

Hillage recently trawled his tape collection and issued a live set, recorded in Dusseldorf in 1979, which is quite different to Live Herald in some respects.

It's a nice taster for those of you going to see his upcoming shows focussing on his first four solo albums, and I've put together a brief blog piece on why this new live set is worth checking out:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....ldorf-23-8-79/

And if you are going to his trio of shows, it'd be cool to have you post your feedback here.

Thanks for this Valen, I didn't know this was coming out. My fave album is Open which includes the magnificent Fire Inside and Earthrise amongst others. I tried to like his other albums but failed, I really do like Rainbow Dome Musik too though.

Rainbow Dome Musick was a winner for me too.

I had a copy in clear vinyl, but unfortunately every time I played it my parent kept complaining because the constant sound of running water made them need to go to the toilet....