Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete Finch compilation CD set?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Complete Finch compilation CD set?

Did I imagine it, or did both Laser's Edge and Wayside recently have a "complete works of Finch" CD release for sale? Or is this something coming up and not yet released? I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere, but I'm pretty sure I read something about it.

The eons are closing
    Its called Mythology though I am not sure if its out yet.
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did I imagine it, or did both Laser's Edge and Wayside recently have a "complete works of Finch" CD release for sale? Or is this something coming up and not yet released? I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere, but I'm pretty sure I read something about it.
    They both had it in stock. If it's not listed there now it probably means it's out of stock.

It must have sold out. It was a three CD set called "Mythology", released by Pseudonym. A similar set for Solution is still available at Wayside.

Hopefully, they will bring in some more. If you are in a rush, there are two available on Ebay.

Thanks, I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk - pretty good price, about $21 with shipping. Amazon.com doesn't have it.

We will have it back in stock next week.

Well, the webshop I use has it.

They also have a double CD by Alquin entitled The Marks Sessions. Wonder what that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Well, the webshop I use has it.

They also have a double CD by Alquin entitled The Marks Sessions. Wonder what that might be.
    Here is all the info you need :-)

http://www.centertainment.nl/?productid=51

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Here is all the info you need :-)

http://www.centertainment.nl/?productid=51
    Looks interesting.

i'll have to get my hands on this,thanks for the heads up!

We had a bunch, but still sold out. They will be back soon.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I remember hearing some of their music several years back and liking what I heard. I did check out some samples when Lasers Edge first had this in, and again, I liked their sound. Definitely something I'd like to pick up.

Sounds like a good price for this. Finch was one of my favorite bands in the 70s. We actually covered one of their songs back then, but there's no way I could remember it today. I'll have to grab this when they're back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ho-kUjvuA

Here you can see what Joop is doing,he still can play ;-)

It occurs to me that this isn't the complete Finch - they released a Making of Galleons of Passion CD (I think a 2 or 3CD set) which I'm guessing is OOP but I'm not sure. Can't remember how it sounds, but once I've got Mythology I'll put the two sets together and fondle them. Ahh, the TRUE complete works of Finch!

It occurs to me that this isn't the complete Finch - they released a Making of Galleons of Passion CD (I think a 2 or 3CD set) which I'm guessing is OOP but I'm not sure. Can't remember how it sounds, but once I've got Mythology I'll put the two sets together and fondle them. Ahh, the TRUE complete works of Finch!
    I have The Making of Galleons of Passion,Glory Of The Inner Force on cd,so all I need to complete my collection is Beyond Expression and Galleons Of Passion. Knowing that,should I go for the box set or just try and locate the 2 I'm missing? Hmmmmmmmmm.

It occurs to me that this isn't the complete Finch - they released a Making of Galleons of Passion CD
    There is also "Stage 76"

I compared the tracklistings, both Making of & Stage are on there, albeit in a different running order

There are few more unheard live ones as well

It's complete unless I've missed something

BG
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 02-23-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

WEll, perhaps if some cash falls into my hands, I'll have to get this. I actually stumbled across Finch back in the mid 90's, while pawing through the LP bins in the basement of the old Record Revolution (before they downsized) on Coventry Road. Came across Beyond Expression. The back cover showed them onstage, with a psychedelic light show, and there was a track that took up an entire LP side. I think it was something like 4 bucks, so it seemed like a reasonable gamble. In the words of Adrian Belew, "I like it!" Then I got Glory Of The Inner Force on CD, but then never followed through with the rest of the titles. So I'm glad the music is in print again. Hopefully, it'll remain in print for a little while at least.

The box is complete + 3 live tracks extra from Dutch radiostation VPRO.
    But all tracks are remastered i understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    There is also "Stage 76"

I compared the tracklistings, both Making of & Stage are on there, albeit in a different running order

There are few more unheard live ones as well

It's complete unless I've missed something

BG
    Somehow I'm thinking the Making of GoP release included Stage 76. Am I incorrect?

Somehow I'm thinking the Making of GoP release included Stage 76. Am I incorrect?
    You are correct, sir.

There’s also Vita Dominica, a live LP released last year. It seems to be only available in vinyl format.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"You can take the war out of the soldier, but you can't raise that soldier from the dead."
    --Shona Laing

N.P.:“Maggio”-Le Orme/Contrappunti

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    There’s also Vita Dominica, a live LP released last year. It seems to be only available in vinyl format.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"You can take the war out of the soldier, but you can't raise that soldier from the dead."
    --Shona Laing

N.P.:“Maggio”-Le Orme/Contrappunti
    To me,this is ridiculous. As easy as it is to get your music to a cd,why do bands do this? Surely vinyl isn't that popular these days is it? I have no problem that it's on vinyl,my gripe is it's not available as a cd.

I agree, I don't get that at all. To me it's like the band is telling us to just find an illegal download.