Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete Finch compilation CD set?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I agree, I don't get that at all. To me it's like the band is telling us to just find an illegal download.
    You all think the band is involved but AFAIK they aren't. Plus vinyl is having a major upsurge here.

What you see on LP is also on CD and i don't think the band has something to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    You all think the band is involved but AFAIK they aren't. Plus vinyl is having a major upsurge here.
    Yet it's still a small percentage of sales. Most of us don't have turntables.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So the live LP is being released despite the band's objections? Or do they not hold the rights to the material?

So the live LP is being released despite the band's objections? Or do they not hold the rights to the material?
    Was it anywhere mentioned that they objected? The band (well, they haven't been together since the late 70s) have little or no say what happens with their backcatalogue and archival material. I doubt it that Peter Vink (who recently joined Knight Area as their new bassplayer) will have any trouble with it. Might even be that these recordings come from him.

Was it anywhere mentioned that they objected? The band (well, they haven't been together since the late 70s) have little or no say what happens with their backcatalogue and archival material. I doubt it that Peter Vink (who recently joined Knight Area as their new bassplayer) will have any trouble with it. Might even be that these recordings come from him.
    If some member would have objections, it might be Joop van Nimwegen.

Was it anywhere mentioned that they objected? The band (well, they haven't been together since the late 70s) have little or no say what happens with their backcatalogue and archival material.
    Ok, so I gave two possibilities and you're saying it's the second one. Fine.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that whoever makes those decisions about their archival material is basically inviting us to obtain the music via an illegal download, if we don't have a turntable.

What I'm saying is that whoever makes those decisions about their archival material is basically inviting us to obtain the music via an illegal download, if we don't have a turntable.
    There is a lot of music being released these days only on vinyl, not even as downloads. I think Mattias Ollson (ex-Anglagard) has worked on a soundtrack for an old film of which the music was only released on vinyl and with some bonustracks on wax cilinders

I agree, I don't get that at all. To me it's like the band is telling us to just find an illegal download.
    or.....it's like if you still play lps you're to be rewarded with our latest live album,but if you only have a cd player.........Sorry Charlie. FAIL!

hope this item gets restocked soon!

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    What you see on LP is also on CD and i don't think the band has something to do with this.
    If this is true,why can't I see a cd of it on the Pseudonym website?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    or.....it's like if you still play lps you're to be rewarded with our latest live album,but if you only have a cd player.........Sorry Charlie. FAIL!
    Not FAIL, download from Usenet, a blog, or a torrent. Personally I'd prefer to pay the band.

"If this is true,why can't I see a cd of it on the Pseudonym website? "

see my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    "If this is true,why can't I see a cd of it on the Pseudonym website? "

see my earlier post.
    Rand is asking about the NEW live album. The one that seems to be on LP only.

You are correct Sir.

Does Vita Dominica come with a download coupon? Many new LPs these days do.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Parallel World”-Far East Family Band

The contents of the live album are on this new compilation.

"Rand is asking about the NEW live album. The one that seems to be on LP only.""

http://centertainment.nl/?productid=...locale%3Den_GB

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Does Vita Dominica come with a download coupon? Many new LPs do these days.
    Somehow, that's pretty funny.

I just came across my copy of this Finch collection today, and suddenly realized why it's titled
    'Mythology": because of the book Bullfinch's Mythology. At least I think that's why.

I just came across my copy of this Finch collection today, and suddenly realized why it's titled
    'Mythology": because of the book Bullfinch's Mythology. At least I think that's why.
    Mythology was the title Pseudonym Records used for a couple of other compilation-albums from Dutch bands like Solution and Brainbox.
    (see https://www.discogs.com/label/146920...at&sort_order= for a list).

Well, damn!

That "Making of Galleons" cd was better than the actual album itself.

Despite claiming to be complete, there are tracks that are on Making of Galleons that are unique to that release. I sold my copy of Making many moons ago, but snatched it up again when the opportunity presented itself - much better packaging and organization. --Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Despite claiming to be complete, there are tracks that are on Making of Galleons that are unique to that release. I sold my copy of Making many moons ago, but snatched it up again when the opportunity presented itself - much better packaging and organization. --Peter
    Are there additional tracks besides the 3 unreleased tracks on the Galleons cd itself? Those three are pretty good, but I can see why they were left off the original album. Was on a Finch binge earlier this summer and played each cd twice. 'Register Magister' is still probably my favorite track (though Reconciliation is close), and 'Beyond Expression' probably my favorite overall album. I do especially love the first couple minutes of 'Galleons', but then overall I don't enjoy that album quite as much as the first two. Though 'Reconciliation' is amazing.