Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New album "+1 - Family Songs"

New album "+1 - Family Songs"

Coming out in May actually BUT, as often is true, you can stream the entire thing now. Use the link below.

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/FamilySongs

We hope it brings just the right amount of winter cheer and contemplation or something.

Peace, rock and roll everybody

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Hi Kim

Starts pretty nice in a 60's sorta vibe then gets weird. Real weird. Then kinda comes back.

Maybe album order or something could help this to make more sense as a cohesive whole.

Also, your website is a bit of a Gordian Knot to get into ;-) Was that deliberate?

:-)

Since we're here posting "special treats" in no-man's land, here is something i know John White might enjoy. A set of music for solo piano and tapes. A shout goes out here also to Mike "Mad Dog" Johnson. I believe he and a couple of other people will really appreciate this. I don't know who else really. One or two people works too though.

Kimara Sajn - Voice Memos
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/VoiceMemos

This is not an official release at this point. Rather something which grew out of personal sets i've made for friends or the archives. I thought it would be fun to share it with the few here who might enjoy such things.

The pieces in this set are all 100% improvised, spur of the moment sessions at home while hanging with the grandkids, B.Sue, preparing to go out, during TV commercials, you get the idea. I have a problem around instruments.

FYI, most of these pieces are based on contemporary compositions which involved formal structured improv. This, however, is literally just me riffing on these starting points. Think George Duke improvising using the BeBop Tango theme and you get a sense. Mike Johnson endured about 2 hours of me doing this in his basement one day. He came down and laughed. He has a lovely grand piano down there. He said he got a kick out of it (i was riffing on his themes). I am welcome to play his piano any day, apparently

Anyway, B.Sue suffers these bouts many times daily (and nightly), so now those of you inclined can also "suffer". I hope it isn't too painful

Personally, i can say i've only included the finest examples of my playing. I am very fluid when it comes to this sort of thing. I improvise a whole lot. It makes her laugh and that's good. Usually i'm deconstructing my own chamber things mixed with God knows what else. Thankfully, i record everything. If she implies it wasn't too hideous, i'll grab a chunk and use it in a tape thing or a cinema verite set like this. Those of you familiar with The Bath Hour will know what i mean. This is more abstract but, hopefully, no less lovable.

So sit back and enjoy some impromptu solo piano music, here on PE only. A rare opportunity to spend an hour with me and my family at home. It's hard to believe how lucky i am to have them. And to have the handful of folks here who may actually hear this. Thank you everyone.

Carry on,

Kim
    Last edited by Polypet; 01-30-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

^^ Kim, thank you so much for continuing to make music and share it with us. It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. I'm excited to hear some of these recordings and get a glimpse "behind the curtain," so to speak.

While I don't always connect with all of your music, the stuff that does hit me really smacks me upside the head. And I continue to try with the stuff that's more challenging, in the hope that my brain will eventually click with it.

Actually, just this morning I had Life Stories in my car CD player for the commute to work.

My pleasure. I'm glad to still be able to do it, honestly. Arthritis be damned

Life Stories is one of my favourites. I sent it as a bonus CD recently to someone who ordered 14 Polyethylene Pet albums. I had to double check the order. That *never* happens! You know, pure PP things like "Distortion Parade". I didn't want him to think we were completey insane, delightful as those albums are

Benedict: i hope you're enjoying this new album. It's actually not available for release until May (on CD) but you can stream it from the link there anytime. You can also share the link with others you think might like it or otherwise be repulsed by it. Either way works

Seriously though, our music is hard to describe. I loved your description. It's right on for this release. You could add that all of the songs are really about life and death :P

+1 is quite varied and abstract in a robust and friendly, if sometimes scary, way. You can even sort of dance to it, sometimes. An avant-radio thing from Mars or something.

However, for a fuller picture of what it is i do, check around here on the forum or go non-stop to our streams page: http://www.precognitiverecords.com/streams. To listen, click on the album cover on the right (a splash) and use the media player there. You'll see artwork and credits. On the left side is a list of a major chunk of our admittedly large catalog. It covers about 40 some years of music. Tighten your seat belt. It's quite varied. I think i have a distinct style though. We hope you like some of it.

The site is very easy to navigate actually. It is oriented more as an art site though. Don't be afraid to click on things. You can also get everywhere via the menu at the very top left. The cart explains what to do (if you use the Buy Direct buttons etc). You don't need to purchase anything, however. Our site is not really about commerce, though we make it very easy. You can listen to anything on the streams page at any time.

I hope that helps! Thanks everyone for the kind words

Kim

Hi Kim

Your site makes far more sense now as the top link opens without the Frame on the left with menu etc. With the whole structure, everything makes far more sense. Not only for each individual project bot as an artist (which I really like to know).

Yes I now see a huge catalog of work (we are similar in that). Sampling Polythene Pet/+1 "Lift The Veil" right now. Dense stuff but I can see the musical sense in it. It needs quite a few listens to start to see inside this sort of material but fro now I say I think it is rather good and the second track is simpler to take in and that helps a boy like me who likes simple music best - whilst loving that the complex stuff is there too. Without "Lucky Man" I'm not sure I would have ever taken the time to get into ELP.

Lucky Man, right

I'm glad you're digging it, Benedict

One bumpity bump and then blub blub blub....

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    One bumpity bump and then blub blub blub....
    If you mean, why is no one listening, responding, etc. Wecome to the new world. At least you got a few responses from two people. My new album got none at all (same last time or two here). Stats show some people came over to check it out but zzzzz. This is the way people are now. https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2019/0...he-new-divide/

Oh no, that wasn't at all what i meant, actually. I always bump once or twice and then let it sink down, as posts do (hence blub blub). "Bumpity bump" is a old joke i've used here for years (a Peter Gabriel reference). I just peek in from time to time and perk it up for those who may miss an opportunity to hear something because the posts sink pretty quickly, regardless of the topic (unless it's "Is this Prog®" or a Yes thing). I post here primarily to share with folks i already know are interested in what we're up to, as it turns out. We have quite a few fans on this forum.

And believe me, i'm plenty satisfied with the fans we have here. Doubly pleased when we acquire any new listeners such as your fine self

Thanks for sharing the link to your site! All the best to you with your own musical endeavours

Ok cool.

An oldie but goodie by way of a final bump. Happy Belated Valentines to everybody

https://soundcloud.com/polyethylene-...ster-dysplasia

^ A goodie for sure!

That's from After The Storm, isn't it?

That's one of my favorite albums from you. That opening one-two punch of "Twenty and Forty" plus "The One You've Got" is just incredible. It's a subtle punch, but one that hits hard once you realize it -- right in the gut -- in a good way.

And yes, I realize that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Listening now. Sounds great! Thanks so much, Kim, for posting a means of advance listening. So far, it's a ray of light in this weekend of perpetual snowstorms.

Thanks you guys!

Hi gang,

I wanted to let folks know that this album, which commentators here, obviously, had sampled earlier, is coming out on May 1st. Oh how friggin' exciting is THAT?

Right.

So, it comes out as something on CD then. You can still listen to it again and again using the link below. We hope you do.

As for said CD release, keep your eyes on the site (precognitiverecords) for news of its release in May.

Birds singing, flowers, fresh spring air, all that crap.

Yep.

Thank you one and all

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    ^^ Kim, thank you so much for continuing to make music and share it with us. It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. I'm excited to hear some of these recordings and get a glimpse "behind the curtain," so to speak.
    What he said!

Thank you, David. Likewise, i'm sure

The new +1 album "Family Songs" officially comes out tomorrow. You'll find the relevant details on our site (precognitiverecords.com) but you can continue to stream it at the link below. Click the splash screen to get in. We hope you find it an enjoyable 40 minutes or so

There will also be some new little tasty odds and ends on the Red Balloon blog over the next weeks, as they gel.

Poot and also toot to all of you and your favourite people

Ta for now,

Kim

Bumpity bump...

I apologize for the lateness of this post, Kim. I have been, and continue to be, one who truly appreciates your musical vision(s). You have imo NEVER shared anything here that wasn't worth sharing.

Sincerely,

Old man, or was that old fan? I guess it's both.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Old men, old friends, eh? That sounds like it

Thanks for your kind words, sir. Truly appreciated. I'm glad you're enjoying these

The lovely Chris Evans show led off with a track off the new one this past Thursday. So nice of him. We also appreciate all of the DJs who've played and supported us over these years. We are very lucky to have all of you!

Ta,

K

The last bump....

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    The new +1 album "Family Songs" officially comes out tomorrow. You'll find the relevant details on our site (precognitiverecords.com) but you can continue to stream it at the link below. Tutuapp 9apps ShowboxClick the splash screen to get in. We hope you find it an enjoyable 40 minutes or so

There will also be some new little tasty odds and ends on the Red Balloon blog over the next weeks, as they gel.

Poot and also toot to all of you and your favourite people

Ta for now,

Kim
    yes , i confirm it's enjoyable 40 minutes
    Last edited by klimbo; 05-24-2019 at 12:11 PM.