Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isildurs Bane and Peter Hammill team up for a new album

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Very glad to see that people seem to look forward to this release. There will be more news within a week or two. Or something like that.
    With how great the last two IB albums were, this one is definitely high on my list.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Interest is piqued here as well.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Saw Peter live on Friday. He's in sparkling form.

As thedunno mentioned above, the IB & PH album, In Amazonia, will be released in May. During the first weekend of that merry month, IB & PH will perform the album live at the Gouveia Art Rock festival in Portugal.InAmazonia_FB_promo_OUT_SOON.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Hammill has resonated with me like no other song writer, particularly his early stuff. It's like he can grab one's feelings, materialize and expel them in a cathertic paroxism. I first saw him in 1979 and every time I've seen him the performance has been emotional and mezmerizing except for the first 30 minutes of that first show in '79 where I was front and center a few feet from him and struggling not to throw up. I had met him and had a nice chat (and too many Belgian Trappist ales) before the show and requested Man Erg. He said that really wasn't in his current set lists etc. He made quizzical eye contact with me when I was able to raise my head from between my knees with apparent concern and then played Man Erg! What a night!
    So a story that was - bizarrely - inspired by your post Buddhabreath.

It's last Friday. Peter is on guitar, and has imposed with his presence pin drop silence to 500 Greeks, even between songs. I can tell you that this does not happen even in classical music venues in Greece. Amazing.

Then an idiot that cannot contain himself screams with all his might from the balcony MODERN! People turn around to watch him with reproach. Peter smiles...and plays Modern. Did he intend to anyway or responded to the plea?

PS The idiot was me, and I had your story in the back of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post

It's last Friday. Peter is on guitar, and has imposed with his presence pin drop silence to 500 Greeks, even between songs. I can tell you that this does not happen even in classical music venues in Greece. Amazing.

Then an idiot that cannot contain himself screams with all his might from the balcony MODERN! People turn around to watch him with reproach. Peter smiles...and plays Modern. Did he intend to anyway or responded to the plea?

Great story.

Banned

LOL! That's great Zap! ...and a damn fine song to request. That would be among my top picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    LOL! That's great Zap! ...and a damn fine song to request. That would be among my top picks.
    Considering that songs like Louse is not a home, Nadir`s big chance and Red shift were introduced to the setlist this year - not sure Modern would have been my first shout-out

Banned
    ^^^
    Well I guess it's all subjective - for me Louse and Red Shift are all-time classics whereas Nadir`s Big Chance is one of my least favorite PH songs ever, maybe the worst (for me). In fact I think it sucks and I'm fine with never hearing it again and I am a (still recovering) PH fanatic. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

The idiot was me - man, I just love that line! (and the story!)

I am totally on the opposite end of the "spectrum" - on the edge of my seat, part of me *silently* crying out for my favourites, part of me totally yearning for the unexpected.

That utterly committed thing, which with you manifested in silence - Hammill does that, with his integrity, his sheer commitment to the music, to the moment.

Thursday and Friday were spent intensely rehearsing music at IB HQ in Halmstad, Sweden, for the first live performance of In Amazonia. On IB's FB page you will find a bunch of pictures from the rehearsals.
    https://www.facebook.com/ibexpo/

Album teaser online:
    https://soundcloud.com/ibexpo/in-amazonia-trailer

Clips are too short to value but it does sound like a very different Hammill AND a very different IB.
    Interesting.

Interesting.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

To me it sounds fantastic! It's like PH and IB were destined to create music together. Both sound fresh and polished. Really looking forward to this.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Hmmm, not too keen on putting effects on PH voice but otherwise sounds very interesting!

Wow, this is something I will obviously have to get! I have been steadily burning my CD collection to my PC, and just did my woefully neglected IB CD's a week or two ago. I only have them up to Mind Vol. 2. So I not only need to listen to what I have again, I need to get caught up!

I have loved Hammill's vocals since the first time I heard them. Saw him solo at Nearfest and was completely blown away. One of a kind.

First review I've seen of Amazonia. Very positive.

http://www.babyblaue-seiten.de/album_18019.html#oben

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post

I liked this, very much: "Beginnen wir mit Peter Hammill....Sind das überhaupt wirkliche Melodien? Es sind Hammillodien. Melodischer Sprechgesang."

Hammillodien is even more pleasing than Plantations!

A longer trailer than the previous one for the In Amazonia album is available on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ibexpo/in-ama...longer-trailer

...and on Sid Smith's Podcasts from the Yellow Room, one track is premièred in full.
    https://www.mixcloud.com/thesidsmith...Su21x9ip6C23lg

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    ...and on Sid Smith's Podcasts from the Yellow Room, one track is premièred in full.
    https://www.mixcloud.com/thesidsmith...Su21x9ip6C23lg
    Can you point the time when the song starts?

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Can you point the time when the song starts?
    26:40

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    26:40
    Wow, that is some intense stuff.

Anticipation grows...

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post

It looks like though the reviewer has forgotten Isildurs Bane did more vocal albums before the one with Hogarth, like the very Gabrielesk MIND Vol. 4: Pass from 2003.