Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Devin Townsend - Empath

This is usually out of my wheelhouse but I really appreciate the insane production and sheer musicality that went into this. Hats off to this guy. The final track "Singularity" is outstanding.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

^ Glad youíre liking this Frank! I agree about the production and musicality. The track Evermore has some stuff going on that rattled my brain when I hear it, trying to understand what heís doing. Itís so good!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    ^ Glad youíre liking this Frank! I agree about the production and musicality. The track Evermore has some stuff going on that rattled my brain when I hear it, trying to understand what heís doing. Itís so good!
    When I saw Devin fronting Steve Vai's band all those years ago, never did I imagine his career would come to this! He is a remarkably creative musician.

I had to take a break from this album I don't think I listened to anything else in August! It really is pretty awesome and I can't wait to hear this live some day.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I had to take a break from this album I don't think I listened to anything else in August! It really is pretty awesome and I can't wait to hear this live some day.
    Me too!!! Can't wait for the super deluxe edition that Devin's been working on. This is going to sound awesome in 5:1.

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    So glad you all are digging the album, I absolutely love it and itís one of my favorite things Iíve ever been involved with. It honestly feels as momentous to me as working with Zappa to be involved with Devinís ongoing project. He is a unique creator in my experience.
    Looking forward to seeing you playing with the great man. Be seeing you in London and can't wait.

Yeah baby! Got tix for the brooklyn show. Can. Not. Wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah baby! Got tix for the brooklyn show. Can. Not. Wait!
    Best show I saw in 2019 & I went to over 20 concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Best show I saw in 2019 & I went to over 20 concerts

I have tickets for Dallas in March. Be aware that the lineup is changing between the Europe shows and the NA shows. It is a smaller version.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I have tickets for Dallas in March. Be aware that the lineup is changing between the Europe shows and the NA shows. It is a smaller version.
    Do you know who's out? I really want to see them all, but especially Agren, Navarro and Kennealy.

I don't have a news article to point to, but it's circulating widely in his Facebook group with screenshots from his Instagram. It will be a five-piece with Devin, Agren, Kennealy, Navarro, and Diego. So, sounds like you got exactly what you hoped for. The biggest bummer for most people is no Che.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I don't have a news article to point to, but it's circulating widely in his Facebook group with screenshots from his Instagram. It will be a five-piece with Devin, Agren, Kennealy, Navarro, and Diego. So, sounds like you got exactly what you hoped for. The biggest bummer for most people is no Che.
    Oh that is a huge bummer! I thought she was there for the long haul. Crap! Oh well...